Start by marking “Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)” as Want to Read:
Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)

Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  516 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Marian Robertson rescued a child and destroyed her reputation. Now, to keep her family safe, she must marry the stern, dark-eyed warrior negotiating a truce between their clans - and risk her heart to protect the truth.

Manipulated into marrying the exiled "Robertson Harlot," Duncan, peacemaker for the MacLerie clan, finds his new wife's courage and spirit make it impossibl

ebook, Harlequin Historical #910, 288 pages
Published August 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Possessed by the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessed by the Highlander

Fedora
Duncan MacLerie is known as the Peacemaker, and while on a mission to make a truce with the Robertson clan, he's manipulated into marrying Marian Robertson. More than five years ago, Marian ruined her reputation and rescued her daughter. Now she's marrying a stranger to continue to protect her family.

Duncan is a stern warrior who has earned every bit of his reputation for being a man of his word. He finds his new wife irresistible but knows she's holding something back. Likewise Marian's drawn t
Katham Kavya
This is a very unique and interesting read. Of the many strong willed heroines that I have read about this one seemed most interesting. The mystery to her sacrifices that Marian made for Ciara kept me guessing and driven me to read till the end. The reveal was worth the wait.

It still seemed unreal that the much doted daughter of the laird had a changed fate overnight. And to see her bear the sins of her family seemed unreal. It is known that there will always be favoritism of the boys in a fami
Gail
Terri Brisbin's ability to switch between different characters' perspectives at precisely the necessary moment makes the MacLerie series a pleasure to read. It works particularly well in this book involving a new take on the genre standard: one person must help another heal old wounds in order to discover love and partnership as assumptions and insecurities stall the process. Brisbin once again creates appealing characters (in particular a non-alpha male who still epitomizes strength) whose ulti ...more
SERIESous Book Reviews
This was definitely my favourite of the first three books in this series. It was a very cute story with strong characters and an interesting plot.

Normally I am not a fan of love at first sight books but I didn't mind that element in this one. I felt like both characters didn't have just, a physical attraction to each other and that they made an effort to know each other.

Duncan is such a sweetheart of a character and I really liked Mariam's character too. It was nice to see past characters and se
Cata
3º livro da série "The MacLeries".

Marian Robertson é conhecida por toda a Escócia como a "prostituta Robertson". Dizem as más línguas que há cinco anos atrás, Marian foi apanhada na cama com dois ou três homens e o facto de agora Marian ter uma filha com essa idade só reforça os rumores,não deixando dúvidas quanto à sua veracidade.

Duncan MacLearie é conhecido por trazer a paz a qualquer custo. Quando se dirige ao clã Robertson para conseguir um acordo de paz e ajuda entre os dois clãs, Duncan es
Maggi Hesseling
The best novel yet! What I love about Terri brisbin's novels is that you can always expect something really good, and this one was no different. Marian is such an interesting and complex character that you automatically juat want to have protected when you realize the situation she's in, and who better than a man who's known for his patience, loyalty and intelligence to think before he acts. Duncan is thus far my favorite character in this series.
Tawnya
I loved Possessed By The Highlander! Marian was a a pawn in her father and brothers game and used horrifically for their own egos. Duncan The Peacemaker happened to show interest in Marian and ended up being used by Marian's brother as well.
Terri Brisbin did an excellent job writing Possessed By The Highlander
Karen
I have to admit that when this book arrived in the mail and I realised it was a "Mills and Boon" book, I promptly put it to the back of the cupboard and forgot about it, because I don't read those so called "trashy romances".
Well after a bout of an illness and lying around feeling quite miserable decided I wanted something quick and easy to read that I didn't have to think too much about.
I'm so glad that I did.....because I really enjoyed the story of Duncan and Marian, so much so that I couldn'
Jen
Definitely didn't see the end coming, which is rare for me these days.
Tasneem
I found this book irritating. I don't know why, but Duncan the Peacemaker just made me want to tear my hair out. I think they were just so good-to-be-true, and therefore annoying. Marion was just so bland, I wanted her to be more spirited and he just allowed Iian to lead him to the situation like a bloody fool. So not to my liking. The atmosphere and countryside were beautiful, but again, too artificial. Not her best work in my opinion.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Duncan is pulled towards Marian the first time he saw her, and he was not put off by her daughter. Marian feels it too, but hides some deep, dark family secret, which tarnished her name and reputation. Love grows, secrets are found out, and loyalties are chosen. The heroines from the first two stories keep adding to their clan and Marian helps. Good read!!
Wendy
Jul 28, 2008 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves a great historical romance
This is a great great story. The romance is engaging and sweet. The story is so very moving and the plot is fresh and will have readers eagerly turning pages, unable to put the book down.

Set in Scotland during the medieval period, fans of historical romances and especially scottish heroes will find POSSESSED BY THE HIGHLANDER a "must have" read!
Kasumi
Al final esta serie ha resultado muy entretenida y en el caso de este libro el "misterio" bastante justificado.
Lo mejor, la autora ha explicado sin resultar pesada o que no encajaba, las reglas básicas de la negociación y el protagonista realmente se rige por ellas hasta el final, no miente y elige muy bien sus palabras.
Deanne
I was looking forward to this book all the wait !!! at first few chapters i was engage in the novel but after i reach mid point the story became too long for me now and a bit dragging .... but beyond that it was still an amazing read!!!!
Lateisha Wilkinson
Blek. Did they unheard of sin and skipped pages, tried to speed read, and then realized this basically self- mutilating torture!! I quit that book. I'm so abashedly and shamefully happy.
Angie Brindley
A quick read. Enjoyed the story. I just love these historic romance novels. I wouldn't put it on the read again shelf, it would just be in nice diversion category.
Kate
I didn't realize this was the third book in the series and ended up reading it first. Even so, I really enjoyed this book and the writer's style!
Brittany
This was a great story. I think this might be my favorite out of the first three books in the series. I hope the next one is even better!!
Lauren
Quick read--read it within a day. Nothing too exciting, but a good book nevertheless. I'll probably check out more in the series.
Carrie
terri's a genius & I'm off to reread ciara & tavis's story next cuz I'm gonna love it even more now that I've read this one. ;)
Readitnweep
Duncan and Marian, published by Harlequin Historical. Liked very much. Good characterizations.
Estela Sigala
Este libro esta a la altura de los otros dos
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Carrie Winter
Carrie Winter is currently reading it
Dec 14, 2014
  • Highland Dragon
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Her Warrior King
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • Elfking's Lady
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • To Wed A Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #2)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • Taken By The Laird (Regency Flings, #2)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #3)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
Terri Brisbin, an award-winning author and three-time RWA RITA® finalist, has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet, Terri has also self-published her backli ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...
Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1) Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2) His Enemy's Daughter Kidnapping the Laird The Mercenary's Bride

“This is my wife, Marian Robertson. No matter what came before the day we joined ourselves each to the other, she is mine now and Iam hers. If anyone speaks ill of her or calls her whore, they attack me as well and Iwill answer for it.” 2 likes