Start by marking “A Weaver Baby” as Want to Read:
A Weaver Baby

A Weaver Baby (Return to the Double-C Ranch #5)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  8 reviews
J. D. Clay's biological clock is busted. She'd long ago given up her dream of having children, and poured her heart and soul into her career as a horse trainer. Until a night of passion with her jet-setting boss, Jake Forrest, results in an unexpected but desperately desired consequence.

But when Jake offers J.D. financial support, a place in his bed and not much more, J.D.
Published October 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Weaver Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Weaver Baby

Who doesn’t like a rich guy coming to the rescue of the fair maiden? Well, this particular rich guy just happened to get the fair maiden pregnant so he’d better come to the rescue! This hero struck me as a little superficial in the beginning of the book though he did redeem himself.

The heroine is too stubborn for her own good but the author falters on this just a bit. Each time the heroine tries to tell the hero he’s about to be a daddy, something happens to stop her. Okay, I get it – but for th
Paula Legate
I love the weaver series books. I really enjoyed a Weaver baby. I thought J.D, and Jake were stubborn, and their relationship was strained at first. I loved the way J.D bonded with the twins, and how she helped Jake to bond with his sons. The parts about Latitude were very emotional. This really was a book that tugged at my heart in places. Over all a good book!
This is not a book that I would read everyday. I was at my aunts and this is the book that she had so I read it. It was good at first, sentences were wrote for little kids, nothing major came up, nothing grabbed my attention. Was not a book that I HAD to read and I couldn't put down. This book was a major cliché, you could guess everything that was going to happen. Then they were stuck on horses, they race horses and everything and I get that but I did not like reading the book when it was talki ...more
This was cute. I liked the struggle for Jake to connect with his own family while starting a new one. I also liked how he was kept in the dark about the pregnancy for most of the time. I appreciated the epilogue with a little look at the family once the baby was born. Tucker is such a cute name.
The latest book by Allison Leigh about the Weaver family of Weaver,Wyoming. It is the story of J.D.Clay, and her horse training life and what happens after she has a night of passion with her jet-setting boss. Know he will never settle down she heads back home to have her families support and love. It is a very funny and the values of family book to read.
A sweet romance with just a hint of Heat with a HEA ending and it ties into Ms. Leigh's "Men of the Double-C Ranch" and "Return to the Double-C Ranch" series which I have loved from day one.

I have it listed over on if you would like to read it.
Usually this many books into a series I'm growing tired of it but I just keep loving this series. I wasn't completely sure why JD fell for Jake but somehow it didn't seem to matter that he wasn't really my idea of a leading man.
I really liked this book. This one was about a stupid man who doesn't think he can love or be loved and the woman that loves him and makes him see only he can change himself. I enjoyed it!
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Sandi marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Sherri marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Sierra Bell
Sierra Bell marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Carmen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Decci Rose
Decci Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
S marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Randi Walter
Randi Walter marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A frequent name on bestseller lists, Allison Leigh's highpoint as a writer is hearing from readers that they laughed, cried or lost sleep while reading her books. She’s blessed with an immensely patient family who doesn’t mind (much) her time spent at her computer and who gives her the kind of love she wants her readers to share in every page. Stay in touch at
More about Allison Leigh...

Return to the Double-C Ranch (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Just Friends?
  • Sarah and The Sheriff (Return to the Double C Ranch) (Silhouette Special Edition #1819)
  • Wed In Wyoming (Silhouette Special Edition #1833)
  • A Weaver Wedding
  • A Weaver Holiday Homecoming (Silhouette Special Edition)
  • The Rancher's Dance
  • Courtney's Baby Plan (Harlequin Special Edition #2132)
  • A Weaver Proposal
  • A Weaver Vow
  • A Weaver Beginning (Return to the Double-C Ranch, #11)
A Weaver Wedding Stay... Destined for the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #0.5) The Bride and the Bargain Courtney's Baby Plan (Harlequin Special Edition #2132)