Start by marking “In My World” as Want to Read:

In My World

Creeping bugs and wiggling worms, splashing rain and glittering stars--nobody notices the details of the world around them more than children--and artists.
Take a walk with bestselling picture book creator Lois Ehlert in this vibrant die-cut celebration of nature's many wonders. Complete with a simple rebus game, this gentle book of discovery will inspire readers of all a
Published January 1st 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about In My World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My World

Natalie Hoist
Dec 05, 2016 Natalie Hoist rated it really liked it
This is a good book. I would use this in my classroom to teach about different shapes. It was fun cut-outs in it that is easy for kids to follow along with. I would recommend this book for a kindergarten classroom.
Chad VanDosen
Sep 22, 2016 Chad VanDosen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
Wow. This is on my all time favorite children's book list now! I would have this in my classroom for sure. The way that this book is illustrated is so creative and really quite amazing. All of the different animals and things that the cut-outs make are so cool! Children would love to read this book.
Brittaney Reed
Feb 24, 2014 Brittaney Reed rated it really liked it
Ehlert, L. (2002). In my world. New York: Scholastic.

"In My World" by Lois Ehlert, is a fun pattern book for younger children, depicting what they find in their world. The book is very interesting as it uses cutouts to show the pictures and illustrations in the book. The book goes from an object or thing that is close to the child such as a butterfly and then goes farther out of the center around them, to depict something like the stars in the sky. I think visually this book is great , imaginati
Jordan Brown
Feb 17, 2014 Jordan Brown rated it liked it
Shelves: for-etl-2368
Author: Lois Ehlert
Reading Level: Ages 4-7

L, Ehlert (2006). In My World New York: HMH Books for Young Readers

This book is about discovery. About what inhabits your world and the world around you.

This book is fairly simple in nature. What I find most intriguing is that the book progressively moves away from more personal human interests to what goes on outside. The cutout style is phenomenal, and I love how the various ways the pages are cutout creates an earth-like image in the palm o
Emily Levings
Feb 18, 2014 Emily Levings rated it liked it
Shelves: ed-t-l-2368
Ehlert, L. (2002). In My World. New York: Scholastic.
This is a book that talks about the different things that children like in their world. I think this would be a great book for little children because it would help children to have the words and the pictures together. I thought it was a great book. I loved how the author chose to have pictures along with the words. I thought it was a great little book.
Whole And
Aug 15, 2013 Whole And rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
"In My World" has a very intriguing layout and I love the use of cutouts to bring out the shapes and simple text.

Probably intended for very young children but can also be used to explore creative ways of cutting out pictures as opposed to drawing.

As always, Lois Ehlert inspires through her works of art.
Gina Diloreto
Mar 01, 2014 Gina Diloreto rated it liked it
Ehlert, L. (2002). In my world. New York: Scholastic.

This book is very simplistic. It feel it would be most appropriate for young children (2-4yrs). In this story it goes from close to the child's center, and works its way outward (worm, bird, stars, moon, etc). The cut outs show through to the next page, which is creative and is typically enjoyed by young kids.
Miri
Oct 03, 2012 Miri rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I love Lois Ehlert. She writes about the world and nature and all the beautiful small things I never used to appreciate the way I do now. The illustrations are die-cuts of leaves, bugs, rain, stars, fruit, and other things you can find outside, and the pages are pretty sturdy so they should hold up through average use.
Edna
Jan 30, 2011 Edna rated it liked it
Interesting layers of bright colors and die-cut help shape this visually imaginative book. Ironically because of its cut out layers what makes it interesting perhaps may not last long in a child's hands.
Lauren Johnson
I think this book would be perfect for younger children, especially those with special needs. They can touch, look, and read the basic words about things in their world.
Kimberly
Jun 30, 2016 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
A book with shapes with cut outs instead of illustrations. My kids LOVED it, I like it. Good vocabulary.
Paula
Describes some of the many things in the natural world--such as worms, seashells, flowers, and stars--that a child can appreciate.
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
Areshea
Areshea rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Keith Thomas
Keith Thomas rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2014
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Library
Library rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2008
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2009
J
J rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Sarah Kramer
Jul 16, 2008 Sarah Kramer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: toddlers/preschoolers
Shelves: storytime-books
A little abstract. It's better for smaller storytime crowds.
Mellanie C
Mellanie C rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Odette
Odette rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
Kim Amberg
Kim Amberg rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
jacky rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Sarah Goodwin
Apr 22, 2013 Sarah Goodwin rated it really liked it
It's book is an exploration book for younger children. Simplistic yet hands on.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »