The Lies That Bind

The Lies That Bind

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sparks pens an explosive novel about a woman who finds herself caught in a dangerous affair that is destined to destroy her life as she knows it.
Published January 1st 2010 by Urban Books

Cheryl
This book had me hooked from the start! I really thought Donovan was a jerk. Yes, Teri was really focused on her career and didn't pay enough attention to Donovan, but it sure was no excuse for Donovan to go off and have an affair in the first place. Neither one of them is perfect though. Teri really should have cut down on her hours and tried to get her marriage working better instead of trying to find a friend in Sean. Donovan wanted her to quit her job. I think she was afraid she would do tha...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Dr. Teresa McCall was a doctor who normally listened to everyone’s problems for a living, but got a devastating dose of reality when trouble hits home. Always able to figure out someone’s drama, she had no way of figuring out her own drama. Although her husband Donavan did the unthinkable when he carried on an affair for a year with a woman that gave him what Teresa didn’t. Love, affection and attention came second to her career and she left an opening for another woman to give her husband what...more
OOSA
Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Right

The McCall’s are having marital problems. Donovan cheated and now Teri is finding it hard to trust him and move on in their marriage. The unsaid keeps them on opposing sides.

While the bickering continues, Donovan still blames Teri for the miscarriage. Work has completely consumed her and not much has changed since. A night out leads to an interesting find for Teri. Sean Morris, a cardiologist, makes it clear to Teri that he is interested in getting to know her. Fla...more
Sistar Tea

Live and Learn

I read DL's previous book and liked her writing style. Mrs Sparks didn't disappoint me this time. I enjoyed this novel, more so her style of writing. Even though I figured out the "surprise" it was still a novel worthy of reading.

Dr. Teresa McCall is a woman scorned and can't seem to get over an affair her husband Donovan had. No matter how hard she tries she can't forgive him.

Enter sexy and charming Dr. Sean Morris to light a spark under Teresa and give her more than enough reason...more
Adrienna
This novel started out good...put all things out on the table. Donovan, Cuban-African male breed, is cheating on his wife, Teri McCall because of her work ethics and well-demanding schedule as a psychologist. It is funny when we can help everyone else but having problems at our own home-front. Do men use this as an underlining excuse to cheat, marriage is for "better and for worse" not just only for the better part.

Valuable lesson (passage) in the novel: "when you are young, and no one seems to...more
GammasWorld
I just discovered D.L. Sparks(on Twitter of all places). I must have been the only reader than didn't see the surprise coming ... well I saw the surprise coming but my culprit was someone else entirely. So for me, the villain was a surprise. This was a fast read and filled with enough suspense to keep you interested. I'll definitely read future novels by D.L. Sparks.
Michelle Mccullough

This book was a good read...husband cheats on wife wife cheats bk on him and he throws a tantrum, in the end they were rdy to restore their marriage...happy to see them get thru a time of trial. Also the grass is not greener on the other side! Fa realdoe
Marc Medley
The Lies That Bind is definitely a suspense thriller. You won't want to put the book down looking to see what is going to happen next. D. L. did a great job taking the reader into the minds of each character. It was an enjoyable read.
Fredericka
D.L. SPARKS takes her readers on a roller coaster ride through out the whole book, it was non stop suspense, this is my first time reading from this author as well, and I am so looking forward to reading more material from her. Loved it!
Shawntay F
This book was great. I was guessing all the wrong "villains". Great page turner. I guess the old saying is true: two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure does make a great book.
Kiesha
I loved,loved loved this book if you are into reading suspeneful and thrilling books. Well this book is for you. I am looking forward to reading more books from this author.
Author G D  Grace
Jun 25, 2011 Author G D Grace marked it as to-read
I heard that this one is a page turner.... I love to support other G. D. Grace, loves to support fellow authors...
Charday Scott
This book is good a slow beginning. A must read!!!!!!!!
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Daranice Simmons
Daranice Simmons marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Melody Reid
Melody Reid marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
D.L.Sparks lives with her family in Atlanta, Georgia where she is currently working on her next novel. You can visit her online at www.dlsparks.com "
More about D.L. Sparks...
Between Friends All That Glitters Never Say Never