Start by marking “Taming the Beast” as Want to Read:
Taming the Beast

Taming the Beast

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  637 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Sold into a life of prostitution by her greedy uncle, innocent Gisella Trelain finds herself a prisoner in a dark and ominous dungeon. Chained to the wall is a muscular, naked man named Tristan who tells her he is under a curse. Every month he is doomed to lose his humanity and take on the characteristics of a ravening beast-a beast with needs too savage to be satisfied by ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published May 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Taming the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming the Beast

Carolyn F.
Dec 14, 2014 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ebook, nook
Gisella's uncle sells her into prostitution to pay off his debts. When Tristan's servant is looking for someone to be with his master, she jumps at the chance to be with only 1 man instead of many. She thinks that afterwards she'll just take off and make a life for herself. Tristan has been cursed to become a beast once a month with a raging sex drive and if the woman doesn't escape, she better submit or she'll die. No one has been able to submit to the beast and part of how he can get out of th ...more
Amber
Oct 25, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I've read a couple of books by Evangeline Anderson and liked them, but this one, unfortunately, was a disappointment. It even had a beauty and the beast theme, and I still didn't like it. The hero was interesting, although I thought he needed quite a bit longer to go from zero to sixty with the heroine ((view spoiler)). The heroine was basically TSTL for me, despite being a somewhat likeable stupid girl. And there were a zill ...more
adelina.
Oct 14, 2012 adelina. rated it liked it
Beauty has to break the curse of the Beast by having sex with him and submit to him. I like it.
Mel
May 25, 2016 Mel rated it really liked it
Beauty and the beast type story. Short little read for those looking for that. It's not as hot of a read as I was hoping for but too not bad. It's a bit skimpy on an actual story though, would be much better if it was flushed out. It starts quick and ends just as quick.

little spoiler (view spoiler)
Jessica Gomez
Mar 26, 2016 Jessica Gomez rated it did not like it
I usually don't hate anything I've read but this one I did. First of all the female lead was too stupid to live for sure. How could she blindly trust her creepy uncle. Especially since he was insunuating wha he always did. Second how could she go there so quietly. I wanted to choke her. I wanted to slap some common sense to her. I have to stop. I've never been this angry at a weak minded woman before.
Sophia Triad
The beauty and the beast fairytale in space with adult content.
According to the prophecy a virgin who is also a prostitute has to submit to the beast-prince and save him from the curse.
Not a bad story. It had a few holes in the plot and the girl was not the brightest crayon in the box but altogether it was a pleasant story.
Laurie Bongiorno
It is a decent, silly, quick erotica read with a beauty and the beast theme. Way too short to be much else. I ran across this for free, I sure wouldn't have paid the 4+ on Amazon for the 50ish page read, it would be pushing at $0.99.
Charlotte
I originally started reading this novella a year ago and then put it down due to its slow start... Not the best start or character development. You can tell its one of her 1st books
MK
Nov 24, 2013 MK rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f, other-entities
This book is about a lady who would sacrifice her virginity to a beast to lift up a curse. The story is good enough with the description of Giselle being duped by her uncle and bartered to a brothel. The build up of the story is also nice, with the mystery of the beast that she must appease in exchange for her freedom; but the final moment is somehow short and let down for me. It seems like the story have been fast-forwarded in the end with no justice serve to her uncle who sold her in the first ...more
Ale Rivero
Jun 21, 2012 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it
Domando a la Bestia

Una novela corta, al mejor estilo de Evangeline Anderson, que incorpora un toco de ciencia ficción, adentrándonos en un mundo próximo donde existen distintos planetas y hay muchas civilizaciones.
Gisella y Tristán son los protagonistas de la historia, y al leerla nos vemos conducidos por un sentimiento completo de entrega al otro, es que Gisella es lo suficientemente valiente como para intentar domar a la Bestia interna de Tristán y liberarlo de su tortura.
Uno novela que nos
Lucy
For 57 pages, it's exactly what you should expect.

I would've liked a short epilogue (like the end of the movie Stardust) to give it a sci-fi/fairy tale HEA, but that would be my only complaint.

Oh, and I hate the cheesy book cover.
Sabrina Fish
Aug 09, 2015 Sabrina Fish rated it really liked it
My favorite erotica author!
Evelyn S.
Sep 08, 2011 Evelyn S. rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago but since joining Good Reads I wanted to review it because it is really the book that turned me on to Ellora's Cave books. This fairytale-esque book manages to be both sweet and incredibly hot--not an easy feat in the erotica category! Ellora's Caves are my favorite late-night treat.
Beckey
An adult themed fairy tale... that seemed off especially after the umm... first time, yeah... I wasn't thrilled with this one and it seemed a bit subpar for what I have grown accustomed to reading by this author. I can honestly say it was 3 stars for this short quick read.
Erin Kyle
Apr 25, 2013 Erin Kyle rated it liked it
Well, what's to say? It's pretty much exactly as it's described. Very steamy (ahem).

The dialogue is kinda awful sometimes, but who's really reading this book for the dialogue?

If you're looking for hawt paranormal smut, you're looking in the right place.
Linda
Jan 07, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read, a modern fairytale where the virgin is saving the beast. Here, by indulging in some fluffy smut. Tristan is cursed to become a beast every month, only getting relief by bedding women, and Gisella is sold to slavery and whoring by her uncle.
Stephanie
Dec 26, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was ok
This short piece of erotica wasn't really worth the short time it took me to read it. The sex was just silly and there wasn't an type of a story. Anderson is generally a lot better at including some form of a story in her works...
Makii
Sep 24, 2011 Makii rated it really liked it
"Cuando dos estrellas rojas se alineen
A seis lugares del sol
Desde Beta viene una niña
Quién será la elegida
Cuando la pureza conoce al deseo
En una virgen y prostituta
Saciará al toro de su oscura lascivia
Y la maldición se acabara."
Sasha
Aug 25, 2013 Sasha rated it it was ok
Just proves that sex fixes everything.....................

Emma
Jun 16, 2010 Emma rated it really liked it
A well written story featuring an unusual paranormal character from the norm. Very sexy and well worth a read!
~Mel :)~
Oct 13, 2011 ~Mel :)~ rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
It's was good, but kinda cheesy at the end. Would have gave two and a half if I could have.
Kassandra
Sep 04, 2012 Kassandra rated it it was ok
That cover is gag worthy, but this is a fun short erotic read.
C.J.
Oct 27, 2013 C.J. rated it it was ok
Strange story. Didn't enjoy as much as I though I would.
Manda
Nov 02, 2011 Manda rated it did not like it
a bore. absurdly gentle beast
Georgina
good short story
「 Sunnie Rose 」
a very short story.
Lloyd Aufdenkamp
Lloyd Aufdenkamp rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Kiki
Kiki marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
laaddis
laaddis rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
  • Breeding Ground
  • Conquest: Earth
  • The Spawning (Enslaved, #2)
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • More than a Man
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Prince of Dragons (Orion, #3)
  • Captive Mail (Mail Call #3)
  • Starkissed
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
  • Breeder
  • The Melier (Women of Dor Nye, #1)
  • Legendary Tails I
  • Virgin Seeks Bad-Ass Boy
  • A Hero's Welcome (Heroes at Heart #1)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more
More about Evangeline Anderson...