Start by marking “The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)

The Ship Errant (Brainship #6)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,461 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In the sequel to The Ship Who Won, written by Nye with Anne McCaffrey, Carialle and Keff, the brainship and brawn who discovered intelligent life on the planet Ozran, now serve as couriers for the "globe-frogs", to return their new friends from whence they came. But to get there, they must transit a sector where Carialle experienced a trauma so intense it nearly destroyed ...more
Published December 1st 1996 by Baen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ship Errant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ship Errant

The Ship Who Sang by Anne McCaffreyPegasus in Flight by Anne McCaffreyFalling Free by Lois McMaster BujoldThe Children Of Men by P.D. JamesThe Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold
Disability In Science Fiction
33rd out of 55 books — 21 voters
Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster BujoldStarshine by G.S. JennsenPrimary Inversion by Catherine AsaroThe Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster BujoldBorders of Infinity by Lois McMaster Bujold
Female Hard SF Writers
123rd out of 149 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Mary
Aug 08, 2008 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I love just about all the Brainship books. They are all by different authors or author mixups though so they have different flavors. This one and it's prequel are both rather fanciful offshoots. Very fun. I love Globefrogs!
Linda
Apr 12, 2016 Linda added it
I read this book many years ago (before the WWW) and since there was no way web pages to leave reviews on, I am taking this opportunity to review it now. I do remember that I enjoyed it. Jody Lynne Nye was able to write so this book fit in with Anne McCaffrey's series.
Rachelle
Jun 13, 2016 Rachelle rated it it was ok
This is definitely not written by Anne McCaffrey and unfortunately is missing something as a result, it's ok, but a bit of a slog to get through and the characterisations aren't as good.
Katie
May 21, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
An old favourite. One I have read more than once.

Set in the world of Anne McCaffrey's Brain ships.

All I can say is "frogs in bubbles"
Kimikimi
Mar 09, 2012 Kimikimi rated it liked it
I've read these before and I don't think they're very well written, possibly because so many authors have worked on this series. This one is the second book about Carille and Keff, and they go back to Ozran and meet more aliens and solve the mystery of who left Carielle in space to die. Yeah, that's about it. I do like the alien races, but they are designed to be as likeable as possible, all are pretty 2D and seem to lack flaws except for the one played for (bad) comic relief. That all said, I d ...more
Amelia Myers
Aug 18, 2013 Amelia Myers rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I felt like it was an adequate sequel to the other book. I just wish that time had allowed me to finish this book over a two-day period instead of the month or so it took me. The action was really intense and the plot was pretty interesting. Since I spaced out reading it so much I had issues keeping track of a few of the lesser characters, but it didn't really alter my perception of the book. Overall I would recommend this book to any Sci-Fi lovers that really enjoy s ...more
Al
Feb 07, 2013 Al rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Product Description

Carialle and Keff were the ones who had discovered intelligent life on the planet Ozran. Now she and Keff are serving as couriers for the "globe-frogs", to return them from whence they came. And now all the evidence is indicating that the dirty rats who caused Carialle such pain in the first place may be the very globe-frogs with whom she and Keff have just become friends.

Ron Judenberg
Mar 01, 2016 Ron Judenberg rated it it was amazing
read
Sharon
Jan 10, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it
This book continues the story of Keff and Carialle, who met the globe-frogs on their last adventure. Now they're out to save them, although it turns out they may be the bad guys in the drama. This story strives for a medieval adventure feel. Brain and Brawn often role-play knights and maidens.
Anna
Nov 26, 2011 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, 12-in-2011
It's entertaining and kept my attention throughout. However, the plot twists were predictable, albeit comfortingly so. Great brain candy space opera, but not otherwise noteworthy.
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, scifi
My Rating System:
Theresa
Jul 19, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
a great series and continuation of the people and legends began by Anne Mccaffrey i had to continue the series.
Rachel
Oct 20, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Anne McCaffrey WOULD be proud. It had all the hallmarks of one of her books while very definitely being JLN's.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This continuation of the brainship was decent. I enjoyed it recommend forpeople who love the scifi techie factor.
Theresa
Apr 30, 2012 Theresa rated it it was amazing
i love this series coupled with anne mccaffrey
Artreads
May 20, 2012 Artreads rated it really liked it
Great next step in the Brainship series!
Mary-Beth
Nov 29, 2007 Mary-Beth rated it it was ok
Continuation of The Ship Who Won.
Susan
Jan 21, 2015 Susan marked it as borrowed-not-kept
Shelves: 2014
re-read Feb 1, 2014
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jeni
Jeni rated it liked it
Brandy J Baker
Brandy J Baker marked it as to-read
Ingrid Lopez
Ingrid Lopez rated it it was amazing
Lorna K. Beaver
Lorna K. Beaver rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Carol Caldwell
Carol Caldwell rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Brooks Boyd
Brooks Boyd marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Emm
Emm rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
  • The Ship Avenged
  • The Ship Who Won (Brainship, #5)
Jody Lynn Nye lists her main career activity as ‘spoiling cats.’ When not engaged upon this worthy occupation, she writes fantasy and science fiction books and short stories.

Before breaking away from gainful employment to write full time, Jody worked as a file clerk, book-keeper at a small publishing house, freelance journalist and photographer, accounting assistant and costume maker.

For four year
More about Jody Lynn Nye...

Brainship (9 books)
  • The Ship Who Sang (Brainship, #1)
  • PartnerShip (Brainship, #2)
  • The Ship Who Searched (Brainship, #3)
  • The City Who Fought (Brainship, #4)
  • The Ship Who Won (Brainship, #5)
  • The Ship Avenged