Start by marking “Shattering the Myths of Darwinism” as Want to Read:
Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Compelling evidence that the most important assumptions on which Darwinism rests are wrong.

The controversial best-seller that sent Oxford University and Nature magazine into a frenzy has at last come to the United States. Shattering the Myths of Darwinism exposes the gaping holes in an ideology that has reigned unchallenged over the scientific world for a century. Darwini
Published March 1st 2000 by Park Street Press (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Shattering the Myths of Darwinism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

The Selfish Gene by Richard DawkinsCosmos by Carl SaganCollapse by Jared DiamondThe Descent of Woman by Elaine MorganThe Naked Ape by Desmond Morris
Popular Science Books That Make You Think
6th out of 78 books — 8 voters
Animal Models in Cardiovascular Research by David R.  GrossCosmos by Carl SaganPale Blue Dot by Carl SaganA Brief History of Time by Stephen HawkingThe Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins
Science Writing
23rd out of 119 books — 85 voters

More lists with this book...

Carrie
Jan 02, 2008 Carrie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
What a brilliant book!

I was with a Geophysicist in Paris last year and he was one of the Scientists who mapped out the Techtonics Plates on the Ocean Bed. It was in the 70's and they used a 'mobile' computer on board, which measured about 15' by 12'!

When I read Milton's book I was staggered that the 'fact' of evolution had never been seriously questioned before.

It takes a great deal of faith to believe in the great Darwin.... that we came from primates....why aren't they still changing then...pr
Charles
Another one that's hard to actually label non-fiction. A horrible mishmash of made up stuff and wild speculation. How anyone could so firmly throw decades of good science out the window just because he doesn't want to believe it, is beyond me.

Don't look for reason and rationality in this book.
Shabbeer Hassan
Ahh..Mr Milton joins the hallowed league of Mr. Michael Behe & The Discovery Institute....This books famously celebrates his ignorance in evolutionary biology and shatters the myth that he is of a sound, rational & scientific mind!!!!
Pepper Lancaster
Takes a truly scientific approach to Darwinism. Without getting 'preachy'. There may be evidence that the earth is younger than we are currently teaching in our school systems and no one is listening. Just because this evidence supports a 'religious' theory, does not make it less valid.

This book doesn't go too far into the religious part of the debate. Just the evidence that Darwinism and the theories based on it, could be completely off base.

Very interesting.
Barbara
What amazes me most is that when a scientific theory is called into question, people generally respond, "Well, that's how science works. We test, re-test, re-examine, and re-evaluate the evidence." However, when this theory is Darwin's theory of evolution, anyone questioning it is automatically labeled "a creationist" or "stupid" or "anti-science."

Milton's book is a must-read for anyone interested in the neverending evolution/creation debates in schools and in the media. The problem is not so mu
Pedro Puech
Several scientific theories have been condemned by religions, since Galileo and Copernicus. But Darwins hypothesis (I prefer to call it hypothesis rather than theory) is probably the only one that has been turned into a religion itself. Darwinists react with emotion to any data suggesting that evolution has not been totally explained by Darwin.
In Shattering the Myths of Darwinism, Richard Milton lists a number of scientific data, which he accumulated after years of research as a journalist, toge
Murphy
Excellent reading. It amazes me that elementary schools and the like still teach so definitely that the earth is so old when there is no instrument that can estimate such numbers. This book makes one want to delve further into the real truths.
Bill
I read this book in high school, was very impressed by it -- I launched into a long running argument with a school mate about whether evolution was true. I particularly recall the over-the-top criticism from Richard Dawkins which the publishers had printed on the back cover!
Andrew Hennessey
one of the first of many scientific refutations of darwinism .. augmented later by chaos and complexity computation at places like santa fe institute in the 1990's [e.g. kauffman, langton, goodwin:] darwins definition of a mainframe would have been an abacus !!!
Michael Stuy
Another book that easily disputes the myth of Darwinism in a easy to read work.
Elentarri
Extremely interesting. Writing style flows nicely and is not overly complicated.
Flash Mitchell English
Excellent, scientifically-accurate book that asks some hard questions.
John Stannard
John Stannard marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Dunx
Dunx added it
May 12, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Ghalia
Ghalia marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Hilary Chan
Hilary Chan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Gom
Gom added it
Jan 07, 2015
David Soucie
David Soucie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Ali Ahmed
Ali Ahmed marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dead Secret Best of Enemies: Britain and Germany: 100 Years of Truth and Lies Alternative Science: Challenging the Myths of the Scientific Establishment Forbidden Science: Suppressed Research That Could Change Our Lives Bad Company