Start by marking “Shattering the Myths of Darwinism” as Want to Read:
Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Compelling evidence that the most important assumptions on which Darwinism rests are wrong.

The controversial best-seller that sent Oxford University and Nature magazine into a frenzy has at last come to the United States. Shattering the Myths of Darwinism exposes the gaping holes in an ideology that has reigned unchallenged over the scientific world for a century. Darwini
Published March 1st 2000 by Park Street Press (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Shattering the Myths of Darwinism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

The Systems View of Life by Fritjof CapraOn Aggression by Konrad LorenzThe Ecological Rift by John Bellamy FosterKing Solomon's Ring by Konrad LorenzThe Descent of Woman by Elaine Morgan
Popular Science Books That Make You Think
9th out of 115 books — 16 voters
Animal Models in Cardiovascular Research by David R.  GrossCosmos by Carl SaganThe Systems View of Life by Fritjof CapraA Brief History of Time by Stephen HawkingPale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan
Science Writing
33rd out of 133 books — 117 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan 02, 2008 Carrie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
What a brilliant book!

I was with a Geophysicist in Paris last year and he was one of the Scientists who mapped out the Techtonics Plates on the Ocean Bed. It was in the 70's and they used a 'mobile' computer on board, which measured about 15' by 12'!

When I read Milton's book I was staggered that the 'fact' of evolution had never been seriously questioned before.

It takes a great deal of faith to believe in the great Darwin.... that we came from primates....why aren't they still changing
Another one that's hard to actually label non-fiction. A horrible mishmash of made up stuff and wild speculation. How anyone could so firmly throw decades of good science out the window just because he doesn't want to believe it, is beyond me.

Don't look for reason and rationality in this book.
Shabbeer Hassan
Ahh..Mr Milton joins the hallowed league of Mr. Michael Behe & The Discovery Institute....This books famously celebrates his ignorance in evolutionary biology and shatters the myth that he is of a sound, rational & scientific mind!!!!
Pepper Lancaster
Takes a truly scientific approach to Darwinism. Without getting 'preachy'. There may be evidence that the earth is younger than we are currently teaching in our school systems and no one is listening. Just because this evidence supports a 'religious' theory, does not make it less valid.

This book doesn't go too far into the religious part of the debate. Just the evidence that Darwinism and the theories based on it, could be completely off base.

Very interesting.
Pedro Puech
Several scientific theories have been condemned by religions, since Galileo and Copernicus. But Darwins hypothesis (I prefer to call it hypothesis rather than theory) is probably the only one that has been turned into a religion itself. Darwinists react with emotion to any data suggesting that evolution has not been totally explained by Darwin.
In Shattering the Myths of Darwinism, Richard Milton lists a number of scientific data, which he accumulated after years of research as a journalist, toge
What amazes me most is that when a scientific theory is called into question, people generally respond, "Well, that's how science works. We test, re-test, re-examine, and re-evaluate the evidence." However, when this theory is Darwin's theory of evolution, anyone questioning it is automatically labeled "a creationist" or "stupid" or "anti-science."

Milton's book is a must-read for anyone interested in the neverending evolution/creation debates in schools and in the media. The problem is not so mu
Excellent reading. It amazes me that elementary schools and the like still teach so definitely that the earth is so old when there is no instrument that can estimate such numbers. This book makes one want to delve further into the real truths.
Well researched and well thought-out.

Evolution has become sacred to many people and they defend it with a fervor usually reserved for religious fanatics.

If you are however curious about the topic, you will find this book very informative.
I read this book in high school, was very impressed by it -- I launched into a long running argument with a school mate about whether evolution was true. I particularly recall the over-the-top criticism from Richard Dawkins which the publishers had printed on the back cover!
Andrew Hennessey
one of the first of many scientific refutations of darwinism .. augmented later by chaos and complexity computation at places like santa fe institute in the 1990's [e.g. kauffman, langton, goodwin:] darwins definition of a mainframe would have been an abacus !!!
Michael Stuy
Another book that easily disputes the myth of Darwinism in a easy to read work.
Extremely interesting. Writing style flows nicely and is not overly complicated.
Flash Mitchell English
Excellent, scientifically-accurate book that asks some hard questions.
manifestasisanubari marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Amhirceaga marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Hannah Brown
Hannah Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
tiflosourtis marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Alex Reyna
Alex Reyna marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
imLock marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Mina marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Emma Stocker
Emma Stocker marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Sanjay Gautam
Sanjay Gautam marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Jesse England
Jesse England marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015