Start by marking “Christy Miller Collection, Vol 2” as Want to Read:
Christy Miller Collection, Vol 2

Christy Miller Collection, Vol 2 (Christy Miller #4-6)

4.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,344 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
The first nine books in the popular Christy Miller series are now available in three treasured volumes!

Bestselling author Robin Jones Gunn packs each one with enough action, romance, and drama to keep you reading and wanting more. It all starts the summer Christy vacations on a California beach and meets two friends who change her life forever. But after moving across th
Published May 27th 2009 by Multnomah (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Christy Miller Collection, Vol 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christy Miller Collection, Vol 2

Morgan
Dec 20, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Christy Miller Collection consists of a series of books. Volume 2 has three-Surprise Endings, Island Dreamer, and A Heart Full of Hope. The first book starts off with a girl name Christy going for cheerleading tryouts as a sophomore in high school, despite all the obstacles she faces. All the while, she learns several life lessons about relationships and develops friendships through the sacrifices she makes for others. The second book, Island Dreamer, takes place in Maui with her family, and ...more
Keely
May 03, 2011 Keely rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any girl seeking a great summer read, preteens, teenagers, mothers, daughters, and everyone else!
After reading Vol. 1, I simply couldn't stop there. Vol. 2 of the Christy Miller series is brilliant. The deeper you get into the series, the more of it you want to read and the more you will find yourself cheering for your favorite characters on the sidelines.

Every page is filled with material that is deep, yet quirky and relatable to teen life all the same. Robin wrote these three books with the same outstanding talent that she does all of her novels. It keeps you going and anticipating what
Alli
Mar 22, 2011 Alli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great - I loved it! The first volume was great, and this was just as much so! I can hardly wait to go out and buy the whole rest of the series, and after that, the other books by Robin Jones Gunn! Robin is an amazing author and the story of Christy was extremely relateable, and my affection for the characters grew every page. I hope others have enjoyed this series as much as I have so far!
Kyria Lockheart
One of my favorite series. I will not give it away but what I will tell you as you read, you become more and more involved with the characters and each one you fall in love with. I remember wishing I could meet a Todd or a Doug in life.
Emma
Dec 10, 2010 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cristy Miller are some great books, i sugest u read the 1st volume first though!
Lena Morrison
Brin
Mar 01, 2015 Brin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this series was amazing! It's a must-read for teenage Christian and non-Christian girls... It's inspiring and a whole new perspective on things. I am 13 now and have been raised a Christian my whole life... I was baptized as a baby and have been going to church ever since. I almost thought I understood what it meant to be a Christian. This book made me realize that it's a lot more than just praying before meals, doing your devotions and going to church. You need to want to be a Christi ...more
Jill Williamson
Jun 18, 2010 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a three-books-in-one volume that includes books 4, 4, and 6 of the Christy Miller series. I’ve given an overview of each story below.

Book 4
Surprise Endings
Christy is practicing hard for the upcoming cheerleading tryouts and some of the girls are ruthless. Prom is also coming up. Christy hopes that her parents will make an exception and let her attend the prom with Todd, but Todd has already invited someone else! Can Christy respond with grace to all the surprises in her life?

I liked
Anjola Thomas
Feb 25, 2016 Anjola Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Christy Miller Collection Volume 2 by Robin Jones Gunn tells the story of a girl named Christy who lives a teenage life but has a close relationship with God. Different things happen in all three books. For example in book two, Christy starts to figure out that her and her close friend now don't have anything in common. I thought the characters in the novel were very down to earth and kind even though they went through hard times. The best part of this volume series is when things went rough ...more
Ashley Carmichael
Feb 09, 2016 Ashley Carmichael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these when I was a teen. they changed my perspective on dating, christianity, and being a true God-lover. Heavy stuff for a 13 year old. I just re-read them trying to decide when to give them to my oldest niece and I definitely say the audience is for 12-15 year olds. Gunn does an excellent job targeting that age with her narrative and though this may seem a little out of date the concepts are still very relatable (I read them when they were still listening to tape players...they've been ...more
Rachel
May 04, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone, especially teenage girls
Personally, I really enjoyed this book. I love the series, I own the first and second volume, and I loved them all. Robin Jones Gunn is a great author, she really drws you into the story, with her descriptions, and Christy's thinking. She does a great job getting into a teenage girls mind. Although the volume is 483 pages, it's a quick read, pretty easy.The story in the book is amazing too. Sometimes it really makes you think about things, like how not to act around guys, and it makes you think ...more
Anna
Nov 06, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Bartley
Someone gave me the first five books in this series awhile ago, and I actually forgot I had them until about a year later. But when I started the first book, I realized it was exactly what I was looking for in a book. The characters were great, and I felt that Christy was dealing with some of the same things I was at the time. I think that the storyline involving Todd was very well done. Even though I thought I knew what the ending was going turn out to be, several of the books had me guessing m ...more
Sofia Pinzauti
Jan 24, 2013 Sofia Pinzauti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christy Miller is trying out for the cheer team, she thinks she has a good chance that she will make the squad. Just that the girls are rude and the competition is tough. Prom is just around the corner and is really hoping that Todd will ask her, but her parents say "no dating until sixteen".

Later in the book shes spending her sixteenth birthday on Maui with her family, Todd, and Paula, her best friends from Wisconsin. She's finally sixteen and can date now, and this guy has a lot of different
Mindy
Aug 09, 2012 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll just say this for the whole Christy Miller series. I read every book, minus the college years, about a year or two ago. I don't remember the little details, but I do remember LOVING the books. They were all very fast reads and contained great lessons for my faith. The only thing bad about any of them is they can get a little cheesy at time, but not enough to make me put them at a 4 star rating.
Whole Series: 4.5 stars
(And I do plan on eventually reading the last three books in the college
Meg
Jul 29, 2012 Meg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I cannot get enough of the Christy Miller series. I'm so glad there's 4 volumes, because there just so easy to fly through. There's just so much to learn reading this. It's almost like you can make her mistakes through reading the story and not have to go through them to learn from them. And, I don't want to SPOIL anything, but reading about her first breakup was interesting, and when I read it, I especially felt I could identify with her because it's hard.
Taylor
Jul 10, 2010 Taylor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who read the first volume!
Recommended to Taylor by: Sam Darr
This book was really, truly amazing! It really seemed like Robin Jones Gunn had the power to like move your emotions and sort of change your opinion. Like, for example, in the beginning of the book you may really like this person (because Christy likes them) and then by the end you don't (because Chrisy doesn't). Maybe that's just me because I feel like I am also a lot like Christy. All in all, Gunn was a great author and this was a great book!
Ashley Sutherland
I enjoyed the continuation of the Christy Miller series. Following her and her friends through the books has been a fun journey. Like the first one, this book is fun for pre-teens and teenagers to read. It is just your average high schooler and I found the conversations she has with her group of friends inspirational. The book is the second volume and split into three parts. I never wanted to put this book down. Robin Jones Gunn is a fantastic writer.
Emilee (Fantastical Paper Realm)
These books are OK, not great but OK! I like Christy...but this girl is seriously hormonal or something!!!!! Rick is such a JERKKKK, I don't get why she can't see it. Todd on the other hand, is so original! He is not your normal YA lover! He's not cliche, he's not fake! IT'S AMAZING!! All in all, not half bad! But still the first book was the best...I've read 5 more waiting for that feel to come back...and it just isn't here...
Olivia Clark✨
May 19, 2014 Olivia Clark✨ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is just so wonderful! You are a amazing author ROBIN JONES GUNN! Keep using your gifts and talents to shine for God! You have a big heart and thank you for sharing it with us! This book is amazing! Another well written one! I read all three books in one weekend i was so hooked! I really suggest this book! I also suggest the college years, the Katie Weldon series, and the Sierra Jensen series! ...more
Alisha Dukleski
Jan 28, 2015 Alisha Dukleski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These 3 books of the series, really are long and feel never ending, but you get into the characters lives so much that you don't want to stop. You want to know whether the couples stay together, and whether she will get what she wants, and how she will apply her growing relationship with GOD to all of her struggles. Easily read these 3 books in 2 days with no trouble :) Good read.
Ellie
Jul 04, 2016 Ellie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Recommended to Ellie by: friends
Sorry Guys but I just can't finish it! However, i have finished book 4 so if I ever begin reading volume 2 again, I will have an easy place to start off with, book 5! Sorry guys! thought i better mark it as read for the time being.
A. G.
Mar 11, 2011 A. G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-nine-weeks
I liked this one just as much as the first one. Although there were a few times when I wanted to hit her head against the wall lol. I could really relate to a lot of her experiences and the author does a great job of making her age throughout the series. I cried with Christy, I laughed with Christy, I rejoiced with Christy!
Rachel
Aug 10, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I finally got around to reading this series. This volume has the next three books of the series, and they're good. The writing is well done, the characters are interesting, and the plots are cute--totally appropriate for older kids and teens. I love her learning about faith and about friendships and relationships.
Laxna
Jan 20, 2012 Laxna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Trupti
May 27, 2014 Trupti rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, strong, and different sequel to the first volume, this book is great. It takes you on such an emotional roller coaster, and at the end you keep thinking about the things you have learned. In a way, we're put into christy's life. I love this sereis and cant wait to read the next one!
Amanda Galliano
Feb 22, 2013 Amanda Galliano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again another book i can relate, after you finish one of the books you just want to grab another one and keep reading about what Christy does and how she incorporates her faith into it all. i definitely wish i was more like Christy when it came to boys and faith.
Audrey
Mar 26, 2015 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly reccomend to all teenage girls! I am a teenager and it has really helped me with things going on in my life. It is so relatable! It has brought me closer to the Lord and helped me grow in my faith! I am so grateful for Robin Jones Gunn! Amazing books!
Anna
Dec 24, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reading the christy miller books helped me define even more deffenetly what I wanted in a boy friend, how I should act around guys, with a boy friend and how far is too far. Every christian girl should read these books and also the sierra jensen series.
Brittany
Jun 14, 2009 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenage girls
Recommended to Brittany by: good friends
Best christain books I have ever read. A cute christian love story. Clean, fun, and captivating. I read some of these books in a single day. All of my friends have loved the Christy Miller series and I STRONGLY recomend this book to any teenage girl.
I hate Renea 6 24 Mar 20, 2013 02:13AM
English 2 6 Feb 22, 2013 04:24PM
  • I Do! (Diary of a Teenage: Caitlin, #5)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Summerhill Secrets, Volume 1 (Summerhill Secrets, #1-5)
  • Silent Witness (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #2)
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Christy Miller (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Summer Promise (Christy Miller, #1)
  • A Whisper and a Wish (Christy Miller, #2)
  • Yours Forever (Christy Miller, #3)
  • Surprise Endings (Christy Miller, #4)
  • Island Dreamer (Christy Miller, #5)
  • A Heart Full of Hope (Christy Miller, #6)
  • True Friends (Christy Miller, #7)
  • Starry Night (Christy Miller, #8)
  • Seventeen Wishes (Christy Miller, #9)
  • A Time to Cherish (Christy Miller, #10)

“When in doubt chicken out.” 58 likes