Start by marking “My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma” as Want to Read:
My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma

My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In October 1810 a twenty-year-old girl in the quiet New England town of Bradford wrote the following words in her journal: 'If nothing in providence appears to prevent, I must spend my days in a heathen land. I am a creature of God, and he has un undoubted right to do with me, as seems good in his sight...He has my heart in his hands, and when I am called to face danger, t ...more
Published December 1st 2003 by EP BOOKS (first published August 1999)

To ask other readers questions about My Heart in His Hands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Heart in His Hands

Emma Lambert
My Heart in His Hands is a biography on Ann Judson, wife of Adoniram Judson one of the first four missionaries sent out by America. Ann and Adoniram left America in 1812 to evangelize to the heathen in Burma, a cruel, arrogant people. The history of this amazingly faithful couple is truly an example of God’s mercy and grace as He preserved Ann and Adoniram from succumbing to many a frightful trial and doubt.
Ann truly was, and always will be, a faithful follower of God. As she faced many a faith
Keri Folmar
This is a powerful biography that caused me to treasure Christ in a deeper way. He is worthy of giving up all.
Jesse
Whenever I am tempted to feel sorry for myself, I think of Ann Judson. After reading her incredibly moving story, I began to realize just how much many women have suffered in order to help their husbands bring the gospel to distant lands. It's not only a beautiful story, but also a reality check that will hopefully spur each of it's readers on to cheerfully "take up your cross".
Linda
It is a Christian classic - - she was the first American woman to be a missionary.
Job was her husband's favorite book of the Bible - - very much like their life.
Jackie
I really enjoy reading about the Judsons. Very inspiring lives. The Judsons, George Mueller and Keith Green are my favorite biographies to read!
Kim
Oct 13, 2008 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All professed believers
This book is a well-written book about the life of Ann Judson. Be sure to bring tissues as it will certainly draw out many emotions.
Christy
excellent book on the life of Ann Judson.....this book has been such a spiritual encouragement to me....I have read it several times!!
Linda
Ann Judson is an inspirational missionary from the 1800's with an incredible story of walking by FAITH.
Chunglwe
Very important Book
Gemma
Gemma added it
Oct 15, 2014
Zorina Bertrand
Zorina Bertrand is currently reading it
Oct 11, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Dr. Z
Dr. Z added it
Jul 09, 2014
I M
I M marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Shoshannah
Shoshannah marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Susannah
Susannah is currently reading it
May 28, 2014
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014