Start by marking “Knit Fast, Die Young (A Knitting Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Knit Fast, Die Young (A Knitting Mystery #2)

Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries #2)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  527 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Published May 22nd 2007 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Knit Fast, Die Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Fast, Die Young

Kruger learnt her lesson this time around, and made her whole mystery technology free. But it still doesn't excuse everyone pointedly looking away from the murderer. There are six real suspects. How hard can it be? It isn't - which is why Kruger has the whole thing fall on a weekend, so that things that are easy to verify cannot be. Ah, gotta love bureaucracy.

I didn't hate this book as much as I hated the first one. This is ridiculous as well, since the main character Ari still goes around accu
Enjoyable cozy mystery set around knitters and yarn crafters. Felicia Barr, owner of Knit It Up! Magazine, is murdered at a yarn fair. She stumbles into Ariadne as she dies. Ariadne can talk to the yarn people in a way the police cannot. She is warned not to get involved but who has more experience with these crafters?

I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters. The mystery was believable. I figured out the motive but not the who. I was surprised when it came out. I liked that Ariadne was plain
Ari has sworn off sleuthing and murders, she just wants to get back to her simple life of running her yarn shop, knitting, raising her daughter, and perhaps trying to get closer to Josh the detective in town. She gets back to this life with her best friend Di by going to the Freeport Wool and Yarn Festival that is held in her small town. Things are looking slow at her booth, but are pleasant enough, that is until Felicia Barr walks through the door of the barn they are in. Felicia is owner and w ...more
I enjoyed the first book in this series when I read it several years ago (even though I figured out who the murderer was before the end of the book), and was really looking forward to reading this one. Unfortunately, part of the appeal of the last book was that it was set in the knitting shop owned by Ari, the main character. This book was set at a knitting festival and it just didn't pull me in. I got tired of Ari's partner, Diane, sniping at Ari. Then a major event happened about three-quarter ...more
Competently written, easy read cosy crime. Very country town. The police are honest, get the job done using procedure and common sense. The amateur contributes quite a bit by observation and deduction but misses the complication. Characters have complex, realistic lives - but blur into each other. A soothing and undemanding read.
a cozy mystery set in a yarn expo, a woman who was not liked very much is found dead with a knitting needle stuck out of her back. Turns out everything is not what it seems. She is not the big bad witch. She is lots of things, but none of them make it easy to find her killer.
Knit Fast, Die Young is a pleasant, unassuming read. I wasn't in love with the book or the characters, but it was a nice way to pass the time and it was fairly well-written.

I found many of the characters to be interchangeable and had trouble keeping them apart. Nonetheless, it was an interesting read.

I strongly prefer first-person mysteries as the distance created with a third-person POV can separate the reader from the action, and I found that to be the case in this book. I also thought the P
Ariadne and Diane are displaying their wares at the Freeport Wool and Yarn Festival when someone from Ari's past shows up unexpectedly. Ari had met Felicia Barr when she lived in New York and was just starting her career as a designer. From the way it is described, it seemed that they didn't get along too well. When Ari goes across to the other building for coffee in a rain storm, she gets soaked. On her way back, with her head down to avoid the rain she sees feet heading towards her and realize ...more
This is a cute little cozy. Ariadne owns a yarn shop. Currently she is a vendor at a wool show at the fairgrounds. In walks a famous knitting magazine editor. Ari has met her before and knows the woman can be ornery and cantankerous. Surprise, surprise, there is a murder and the police have it narrowed down to a few people who were at this wool show. Ari and Josh, a detective and a possible boyfriend try to solve the murder quickly before all the suspects are released. It was good and the ending ...more
Ariadne Evans swore her sleuthing days were over after her very own knitting shop became a crime scene a few months back. But she hadn't anticipated that the Freeport Wool and Yarn Festival would become the site of another murder -- with hers truly as a prime suspect. Since Ari was the one to find the body of Felicia Barr -- the much detested and influential owner of Knit It Up magazine -- with a knitting needle stuck in her back, the cops are needling Ari for answers. In a stitch, Ari dons her ...more
Patricia Rockwell
Delightful cozy mystery. It reads almost like a script rather than a book with lots of great character dialog. Almost half of the book takes place at a knitting fair where a group of suspects in the murder of a knitting guru have been gathered together to wait as the police question each. I was immediately gripped with the heroine's desire to find the killer and her correct assumption that the killer was in the group of suspects. How could she finesse the killer to reveal herself? (all the suspe ...more
Amusing read, not too gory, which I liked. A little too much emphasis on the knitting anyway.
May 25, 2011 Mary rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: knitters who like mysteries
Shelves: cozy, knitting
I think this one was better than the first one in the series. Very light cosy. I do enjoy the knitting references but I was really amused that she felt the need to write that the coat hanger pattern was so simple she could do it in her sleep - 9 stitches garter stitch for 35 rows??? In her sleep, eyes closed and probably only take 15 minutes. And do we really need an explanation that a yarn over makes a hole? But a nice quick light read.
This is a murder light mystery--rather fluffy, and not too deep. The characters are what are interesting in this book. It takes place at the Wool and Yarn festival with the method of death by knitting needle--in the back. There is a romance between the main character, Ariadne Evans, and her cop boyfriend--they solves another mystery previously. There is even a knitting pattern, which I may scan.
I have not read the first book in this series nor am I a knitter, so these may color my opinion of this cozy. The characters seem quite shallow (perhaps they we're well formed in book one), and the wool festival setting seemed boring. I figured out the perpetrator quite early on. I would recommend this for knitting lovers though I think there are better examples of the genre out there.
Since I love mysteries, a two is difficult for me to give. The problem lies with the possible murderers. They were not fleshed out, I could not distinquish one culprit from another, and I really did not care if anyone was caught or not. Characterization really matters since a who-done-it is so formulaic. Ms. Kruger needs to keep this in mind.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
I didn't enjoy this read as much as Died in the Wool but it was entertaining enough. I think the main problems here are that the book is not as fast paced as the first instalment in the series and that the conclusion is a bit confusing. Nevertheless, I still think I'll try to read more knitting mysteries if I get the chance.
Ok, so I really enjoyed this book. I liked the mystery, I liked the pacing, and I only thought Diane was a little annoying. Hope Mary Kruger continues to improve, because the difference (in my memory) between this book and her first knitting mystery is huge.
It's not a good book it really isn't. But at the same time it's so cozy, its just like chats over at the craft forum, but with a "nice little murder"going on as well. It's quite enjoyable. But I just can't give it more than two stars.
A decent, quick read for mystery fans. I found this much better than the last book I read by this author. ("Died in the Wool.") No "I know the murderer is so-and-so but I just want to have a quick chat with her" behavior.
Just as good as the first book of this series. But I can't locate any more and this one was published in 2007. Does anyone know if the series ended with just two books or if there are more?
Dana *
Another knitting themed murder mystery, usually not my thing but I liked it. This is part of a series with same characters. IT had enuf to keep me interested, and did not get bogged down.
Karen Hufman

Okay- most of the book took place all in a barn where a wool festival was going on. I have no clue how to pronounce the protags name : Ariadne . The book centers on knitting.
Fun and made me want to knit but a bit predictable.
This is the second in a series. I enjoyed the concept of having a wool festival as the location for a murder. The plot got a little twisty at the end, but it was very easy genre reading.
More complicated than the knitting pattern supposedly included with this book is the convoluted plot involving false identities, adopted children, and death by knitting needle.
Toni berkshire
Another yarn mystery - nice summer reading. suspenseful and picks up characters from Died in the Wool. Little bit of romance mixed in with the murder. Entertaining but not taxing.
Patricia Solla
Now this who done it was committed by a knitting needle! The setting is a small yarn festival and the crime is fitting. Loved the premise and the resolution.
Valerie McNamee Earl
Another simple, yet entertaining story.
Like the characters and the knitting references.
Very fast read, once I got back to it and finished it.
Even better than the first book in the series. This one takes place at a Wool and Fiber Festival and all the action takes place in two days.
  • A Stitch Before Dying (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #3)
  • A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery, #3)
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
  • A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)

Knitting Mysteries (2 books)
  • Died in the Wool (Knitting Mysteries, #1)
Died in the Wool (Knitting Mysteries, #1) Death on the Cliff Walk (Gilded Age, #1) Masterpiece of Murder (Gilded Age, #3) No Honeymoon for Death (Gilded Age, #2) Wagered Hearts