The Glasswrights' Journeyman (Glasswright, #3)

The Glasswrights' Journeyman (Glasswright #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  466 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When fire ravages the city of Morenia, King Hal must consider marrying the wealthy princess of Liantine. To ensure a good deal, he asks Rani Trader for help. But they discover things are done differently in Liantine as negotiations prove difficult. Then Rani falls under the sway of the Players--entertainers with glassmaking secrets she craves. (June)
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 1st 2002 by ROC (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Glasswrights' Journeyman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glasswrights' Journeyman

R.
You know, I more or less forgave this series for its opening two books wherein the main character Rani was a little too passive for my taste as far as her ability to move the narrative by acting instead of being acted upon. In the third book, she picks up some agency and actually tries to take action on her (somewhat tiresome) fixation on restoring her guild.

But all that good will was completely destroyed by the author's inexplicable decision to involve BOTH of her main characters in relationshi...more
Shanrina
Joshua Palmatier
I finished Glasswrights' Journeyman, the third book in Mindy L. Klasky's Glasswrights series about a week ago, but then got sidetracked by a convention before I had a chance to sit down and write up my review. The good news is that the book is still firmly in memory, which is a sign of how good this book is. I though the first book in this series was good. The second one suffered from the fabled "second book syndrome" in my opinion, dropping down a notch, but this third book not only recovers fr...more
Donna
After a fire decimates the capitol city, Rani and Hal travel to a foreign nation to look for the money to rebuild. They also hope to find a way to free the enslaved members of the Little Army. Hal courts a foreign princess, determined to do what it takes to help his people. But it seems as if he may have reason to regret trusting a member of the spider guild, even considering how the book turns out.

This is the first novel in the series where it really feels like Rani's desire to rebuild her guil...more
The Glasswrights' Journeyman is the third book in Mindy L. Klasky's Glasswrights' Guild series, featuring smart and resourceful heroine Rani Trader.

It's been three years since glasswright apprentice Rani Trader saved hundreds of children from the evil Sin Hazar in The Glasswrights' Progress. Now at the age of 18, Rani is more than ready to rebuild her beloved guild from the ground up, especially considering her guild was destroyed and disbanded years ago after King Hal's brother was assassinated...more
Janice (Janicu)
ook #3 in the Glasswright series. In Glasswrights' Progress I felt that we see how caught up in the tide Rani's life can be. She is human and prone to mistakes. In the Glasswrights' Journeyman I felt that now Hal and his doubts about himself and his choices as king are brought to light. But both of them have the interests of Morenia at heart, and have to make sacrifices for the greater good. Both now have a huge influence on the future of their country. A fire has decimated much of the city of M...more
SFReader
Corinne
It gets worse and worse. In this part, Rani and the young king of Morenia both find a new love interest, although I'm confident that they will love each other in the final book. Let's see if I'm right... . However, there are still aspects and twists in this book I find intriguing and I want to read the other two novels as well to finish the whole series!
Hilary
oooo .... spiders .... ick.

And yet, reading this series is compulsive! Sacrifice is a recurring theme (no, not human sacrifice to the spiders -- yuk!) -- but personal sacrifices on Hal and Rani's parts. How much personal sacrifice is "enough" (it's a good question, but it isn't answered here)?
John
Oops - finished this and forgot to update. Liked this one more than the last but the characters are still rather clueless at times and things that seem like they should be obvious just aren't. But it's still something I'd recommend. :)
Summer Peterson
I was so disappointed by Hal's behavior. I thought he was really smart and thought things through but this book he was hasty and really didn't know what to do.
Keri (JD)
I honestly wanted to MURDER the main character by then end of this book. Love the overall story. But she is such a bitch.
Cynthisa
The series losses steam as it goes, but still an interesting read.
Trixie
Trixie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Cat
Cat added it
Sep 07, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Mike Dunham
Mike Dunham marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Kahshan
Kahshan marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Samantha Erceg
Samantha Erceg marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
  • Hidden Truth (Truth, #2)
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • A Sorcerer's Treason (Isavalta, #1)
  • Devlin's Luck (Sword of Change, #1)
  • Gold Unicorn (Unicorn, #2)
  • Redeeming The Lost (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #3)
  • The Assassin's Edge (The Tales of Einarinn, #5)
  • Diplomacy of Wolves (The Secret Texts, #1)
  • The Catswold Portal
  • Wizard of the Grove (Omnibus: Child of the Grove / The Last Wizard)
  • Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • The Perfect Princess
  • Flights of Fantasy
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category...more
More about Mindy Klasky...
Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1) Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2) Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3) The Glasswrights' Apprentice (Glasswright, #1) The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright, #2)