Start by marking “Bella Tuscany & Under the Tuscan Sun (2 Book Set)” as Want to Read:
Bella Tuscany & Under the Tuscan Sun (2 Book Set)
Preview

Bella Tuscany & Under the Tuscan Sun (2 Book Set)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published April 4th 2000 by Broadway

To ask other readers questions about Bella Tuscany & Under the Tuscan Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bella Tuscany & Under the Tuscan Sun

Betty Cheng
Frances Mayes is a good writer. She has a great sense of detail and the ability to transport you. Since she has undertaken the daunting task of purchasing and restoring an Italian farmhouse with 5 acres while residing for only a portion of the year in Italy, she certainly has a story to tell! Her primary focus is on the restoration, the food, the people and Tuscany (in more or less that order). I've resided in another country as well and reading about her experience aroused my admiration for her ...more
Kathryn
Very descriptive with some fun recipes to try. Frances Mayes is a good writer and her books really give you the feel of being in Tuscany.
Alisa
After reading Under the Tuscan Sun and disliking it so much, I am not sure why I read this book. A friend bought it for me and I felt obligated to read it I guess. The author is one of the worst I have ever read. She writes to hear herself, not for someone else to. Her overly descriptive rambling loses the average reader and bores to no end the avid reader. If all of her books are like this one and Under the Tuscan Sun I would not recommend any of them.
Sandra Lewis
I saw the movie with Diane Lane but the book and sequel was much better than the movie. You learned so much about the life in Italy not shown in the movie. I still love the movie a lot tho. But I have found the books that were made into movies are better and go into more detail. It made me want to go to Italy and explore all the wonderful sites there.
sandy lewis
austin texas
Shannon
This book started off pretty good but then slowed a lot for me. I was somewhat surprise by how much I enjoyed hearing the details of her home. It was a fun read but at times a bit slow to the point of me skipping ahead. I really enjoyed the stories of the contractors and all the head aches they caused and her thoughts of the home while back in San Fran.
Lynn
Both of these were good reads. Tuscany is another favourite place of mine (been there twice) and if I was wealthy I too would love to buy and renovate a property there:)
Tina
Feb 01, 2015 Tina added it
Saved the book to try some of her recipes. WHEN we travel to the area we may use her itinerary. Love the way she writes.
Mariah
Follow up book for Under the Tuscan Sun. Frances Mayes's love affair with Italy.
Heather
can't really relate to owning a villa in tuscany, but it is good to dream right?
Misty Vendl
Love her elaborate language. Feels like sitting with her on the terrace.
Cathi
Another Mayes worth the read. A great follow up to the Tuscan Sun
Donna
Not as good as Under the Tuscan Sun. Bit of a struggle to get through
Ellen
love these books, the recipes, the whole idea of living in Italy!
Stephanie
OK, but not as good as her first, Under the Tuscan Sun
Alexia Richard
Voyage en Toscane à chaque page ... J'adore !
Kellene
Made me want to move
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Amie Lusk
Amie Lusk marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Aydan
Aydan marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • A Handful of Honey: Away to the Palm Groves of Morocco and Algeria
  • True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris
  • Shy: A Memoir
  • Sacred Places of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Most Peaceful and Powerful Destinations
  • Butterfly Woman
  • Without My Mum
  • Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle
  • Choosing Happiness: Life and Soul Essentials
  • Al Capone: Chicago's King of Crime
  • The Grand Turk: Sultan Mehmet II-Conqueror of Constantinople and Master of an Empire
  • Preschooler's Busy Book: 365 Creative  Games & Activities To Occupy 2-6 Yr Olds
  • A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times
  • The Reluctant Entertainer: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • Keeping It Together in a Pull-Apart World
  • Big Fat Lies
  • Against Gravity
  • Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey: Learn Coupon Strategies to Save $1000s at the Grocery Store
  • To See and See Again: A Life in Iran and America
Frances Mayes's new book is Under Magnolia: A Southern Memoir , published by Crown. With her husband, Edward Mayes she recently published The Tuscan Sun Cookbook. Every Day in Tuscany is the third volume in her bestselling Tuscany memoir series.

In addition to her Tuscany memoirs, Under the Tuscan Sun and Bella Tuscany , Frances Mayes is the author of the travel memoir A Year in the Wor
More about Frances Mayes...
Under the Tuscan Sun Bella Tuscany A Year in the World: Journeys of a Passionate Traveller In Tuscany Every Day in Tuscany: Seasons of an Italian Life