Najljepše priče klasične starine 1-3

Najljepše priče klasične starine 1-3

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  779 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Najljepše i najznačajnije priče starog vijeka, sa svojim drevnim junacima, Prometejom, Europom, Dedalom i Ikarom, Argonautima, Orfejem i Euridikom, Heraklom, Tezejem, Edipom, Antigonom, priče o Trojanskom ratu i Odisejevim putovanjima, napokon su dostupne u ovom novom, dotjeranom i bogato ilustriranom izdanju glasovite Schwabove knjige, koja je svojem autoru, kako je to za...more
Published 1989 by Grafički zavod Hrvatske, Zagreb (first published 1838)

Sonja
My very first book, the one that changed my life. This is the reason way i studyied ancient Greek and Latin for 4 years.
You know how you often get asked a silly question like ''If you had one book to take on a deserted island'', well, i'd choose this one. I don't even travel without it- it's my childhoof blanket, my teddy bear.
And one day, if i have children, they will too fall asleep listening to the stories from Olimpus, and about Trojan war.
David
This is the third in a series of six reviews focusing on books about Greek mythology. The books included in this comparative evaluation are:

Bulfinch's Mythology (Modern Library Paperback Edition, 2004)
Mythology by Edith Hamilton (originally published in 1942; Back Bay Books edition of 1998)
The Greek Myths by Robert Graves (Penguin Books combined edition, 1992)
Gods and Heroes of Ancient Greece by Gustav Schwab (Pantheon Books, copyright 1946)
Don't Know Much About Mythology by Kenneth C. Davis (Ha...more
Marcus
Eines meiner größten Leseprojekte dieses Jahres ist mit Sicherheit diese Mythen-Zusammenfassung von Gustav Schwab in der hübschen Aufmachung von Gondrom gewesen. Zu lesen gibt es neben den bekanntesten Götter- und Heldenmythen auch (und vor allem) zusammenfassende und doch textnahe Prosaerzählungen der epischen Dichtungen Ilias und Odyssee Homers und Vergils Aeneis. Wer beginnen möchte, sich mit dem klassisch altertümlichen Mythos auseinanderzusetzen, erhält hier einen kompakten, leicht bekömmli...more
Kannonhall
If you enjoy Greek Mythology this is definitely the book for you. Now I will have to admit, I did not read this book completely in one month, but that is what I loved about it. You can pick up this book and always find a new adventure to read. By the time you read them all you will be excited just to start all over again. "Gods and Heroes" consists of many collected stories of the great legends of Greek Mythology. Each story is an escape from reality. Whether you are on a long voyage home from t...more
Dijana Žaja
Za sve one koji žele osvježiti svoje znanje o grčkim bogovima, herojima i njihovim djelima, ali svakako i za one koji se po prvi put susreću s antičkom mitologijom. Knjiga pisana još u 19. stoljeću, ali i dalje puna duha i jednostavno čitljiva, ali što je i najbitnije, koncizna, sa svim potrebnim informacijama sažetim u dirljive priče koje ne prikazuju samo grčka vjerovanja i mitove, nego i duh vremena u kojem su ove priče nastajale.
David Adrián
Great book!! It has 3 sections: miscellaneus gods and heroes stories, the Troy War and Odysseus. I would have put 5 stars to this book but the war theme in part 2 just wasn't for me. The author captures the stories in a very easy and enjoyable way to read.
Stephanie  from Books Paradise
Mary Jane steht vor einem großen Problem, nämlich der Abteilung des dritten Stockes, die sogennnate Giftmülldeponie, eines großen Finanzinstitutes in Seatle. Als neue Abteilungsleiterin soll sie die völlig demotivierten und launischen Angestellten zu mehr Produktivität und Enthusiasmus verhelfen. Gedankenverloren steht Mary Jane vor dem Pike Place Fischmarkt, dem wohl weltberühmtesten Fischmarkt der Welt und findet hier die Lösung ihres Problems...

Es ist ein tolles Buch und zugleich wirklich ein...more
Tigran Berberyan
It was an interesting book but there were parts that made me lose interest. The beginning of the book was very frustrating. The stories were too short and there were too many characters to remember. I got confused a lot because I could not tell who was who since the names were so long and some of the names were very similar in appearance.

However, I loved reading stories about Hercules, Troy and Odysseus. They were written in more detail than the previous stories and it was interesting seeing ho...more
David
On the inside front page of my copy of this book, I have just rediscovered the following inscription:

Fur Daithi Mac Giolla tSeanain
fur gute Leistungen in der deutschen Sprache
mit den besten Wuenschen

Dr. Karl-Gustav Gerold
Kultur-Attache der Deutschen Botschaft

Dublin, 2. Febr. 1972

Doctor Gerold's spidery inscription triggered a sudden, vivid recollection of a cold, wet February day in Dublin (is there any other kind?). My classmate Seamus Higgins and I had the day off class, but we weren't free to...more
Masen Production
“A treasure trove for the ones who are interested in the Greek Mytho. A splendid collection of tales and weaved into a continuous tale. From fire-stealing Prometheus to scene-stealing Helen of Troy, from Jason and his golden fleece to Oedipus and his mother, Death of Icarus flying too close to the sun as his wings of wax melt and he plummets to the sea, Stories of Hercules, Achilles, Ajax, Menelaus, Agamemnon, King Priam the Trojan king of Troy and their hero Hector, his brother Paris and his wi...more
doug merritt
L O N G . . . but can't do any better in laying out the history of the gods and heroes. I have always loved mythology and this book game me its rich history with great attention to detail. It got a little confusing at times however, going back and fourth in the book allowed me to figure out stories and people. Great book if you love mythology like myself and one that you can always go back to to revamp your knowledge.
Obsquatch
I picked this up because I get frustrated that my version of Ovid has the Roman names of the Greek Gods, so I use this as reference to the Greek equivalences. My translation of Ovid has much greater detail and on the whole is a much better book, but sometimes, when I don't want to think too much, I reach to this one.
Danger Kallisti
I just picked through this as supplementary material to the other research I’m doing. It’s certainly old-fashioned, dry, and fairly silly; however, I can definitely see a wealth of knowledge in this 700-some page book. Maybe I’ll read the rest later, when I don’t have quite so much to do.
Snafoo
Feb 18, 2010 Snafoo rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: history
I actually stole this book from my high school in an act of pubescent rebellion. It's been in my book shelf ever since and every once in a while I read for a while.

The cruelty of the ancient gods always makes me smile. What's the fun in a kind-hearted, forgiving god?
David Koblos
All the most essential stories of Greek mythology: the Iliad, the Odyssey, the Aeneid, plus several smaller ones, such as Heracles, the Argonauts, and many others, compiled into a large volume. Ideal for a ten-year-old kid to get lost in.
Dennis
Schwab hat die alten Schinken der Antike neu aufbereitet, so dass ein jeder sie gut lesen kann. Ein Glück, denn die Sagen des Altertums sind die vermutlich wunderbarsten Geschichte, die je produziert wurden.
Karolina
I am an Hellenophile to my chin whiskers. This was the book that started it all for me. A wonderful introduction for readers of all ages to the wonders of Ancient Greece. Highly recommended.
Mips
Handig 'naslagwerkje' als je weer eens een keertje vergeten bent welke Griekse god nu weer met wie precies getrouwd was en waar dat buitenechtelijk kind dan weeral vandaan kwam...
Ivan Lanin
A concise collection of episodes from greek mythology. The english prose was kind of hard to understand but it makes you understand some of the seemingly unrelated episodes.
Liliane
Schon mit 12 eines meiner Lieblingsbücher und immer wieder gerne gelesen. Wer sich an die griechische Mythologie herantasten möchte, sollte dieses Buch gelesen haben.
Stacey
I read this book in college as part of a greek mythology course and absolutely loved it. Read it along with your Illiad or Odyssey-it brings another level to the story.
Renee
ran out of time will finish another day.
Ragnarzero
Endlich mal dazu gekommen mal was über griechische Mythologie zu lesen.
Gut sowas auch mal zu wissen. Ich mag sowas ;)
Robert Ingram
Yet another gift from a different wonderful friend, Terrah Carter.
My friends know me too well.
Marc L
Verkorte navertelling van de belangrijkste Griekse mythen en sagen. Nogal verouderd
Adrienne
Excellent book. I plan to read my son the heroic tales...straight from this book.
Fangirl
Eine tolle Sammlung von Sagen und es hat viel Spaß gemacht darin zu lesen.
Erin
Excited to be reading this one! Whoot Whoot for mythology.
Aaron
It's the vodka martini of Greek myths. So fun to read.
Moniek
Mijn go-to naslagwerkje
  • African Folktales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Gods of the Greeks
  • Minna von Barnhelm
  • Norwegian Folktales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Chinese Fairy Tales and Fantasies (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Maria Stuart
  • Irish Folk Tales
  • Myths of the Greeks and Romans
  • Favorite Folktales from Around the World (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • World Mythology: An Anthology of Great Myths and Epics
  • Folktales from India (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • The Victorian Fairy Tale Book (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Japanese Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Priče iz davnine
  • Sansibar oder der letzte Grund
  • The Greek Myths
  • Fairy Tales Of Wilhelm Hauff
  • Aus dem Leben eines Taugenichts
Sagen des klassischen Altertums - Mit einem neuen Vorwort zur Einführung Troja Griekse en Romeinse sagen [complete editie] Das Volksbuch vom Doktor Faustus Griekse Mythen & Sagen