Start by marking “Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery, #2)

Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Soap writer Morgan Tyler has a new title--co-executive producer--and a new responsibility: take care of everything. When an actress on the show is murdered, Morgan better find out who's behind the bloodshed before someone else is written out of the picture.
Published May 3rd 2005 by Berkley (first published May 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Love Her to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Her to Death

Carolynne
I enjoyed the first book in this series so much, I wanted to read this as well. The actor reading this audiobook is TERRIBLE. She has about three voice qualities and uses one of them for each of the characters. Every character asks questions in the same annoying manner: dropping and then raising the tone of the voice; annoying and strange. However, the way the author weaves humor into this otherwise mediocre book makes it worth the trouble of finishing.

There is a lot that is unrealistic in this
Diane
This fun read was exactly what I thought it would be. Nothing too serious, little tributes to daytime dramas (soaps for most of the world) and surprisingly little tips of the hat to other mystery writers. Engaging characters and requisite romantic possibilities add to the fun. My biggest gripe was the car chase scene--and the airbags staying inflated after the crash. Was I expecting realism? Truthfully, no--but this little detail knocked the entire story down a peg for me. I'd read more of this ...more
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Margaret
Audiobook, read by Celeste Lawson
Kaye
Morgan Taylor is a head writer and a producer of a daytime soap opera. When an actress on her show end up dead she wants to help catch the killer especially when the case goes cold for the police. I like how the book focuses on her working and taking care of her show yet you still see the progress of the mystery. I might have given it a 3.5 but I rounded up because it isn't graphic and was quick and easy. (Although again I had the killer pegged very early.)
Michele
I think was cute, but a bit more dragging-on than the first one. It was easy to guess who the murderer was, and that left me feeling a bit bored with the rest of the story. The characters were a bit boring in this one, and it was so cliche to have everyone join happily together for dinner, all paired off and neat. I hope the last two in the series are better.
Heather
Morgan Tyler is a soap opera script writer for "Love of My Life." Her own life feels like a soap opera...love triangles (and squares!), murder mysteries, and death threats seem to follow her. When an actress is killed, Morgan is thrown into a series of discoveries that could change the show--or end her life. Fun, light reading...enjoyable characters!
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
I really really liked this mystery. It was different then the other cozies I read, but that is what made me like it even more. A mystery set in the world of soap operas just sounds good and it was! I def. need to go back and read book one now.
Nicole
I'm really liking these Daytime Drama murder mysteries. Fun characters, lots of inside info on how daytime dramas are run and a quick and easy read. I got the first two of these from my friend Kelly, I'm hoping there are more in the series.
Bryony Jensen
Listened to the audio book version which is well read. I really enjoy this series. I have read them all before and loved them all. The only downside is there is only 4 in the series!!!!
Trudy
Death comes to the soap opera (er, make that Daytime Drama) set in Linda Palmer's Love Her to Death. The audio edition of this fast-paced mystery was quite entertaining.
Sheila
Drama surrounding the executives surrounding a soap opera. Basically a soap opera within a soap opera. Murders are involved.
Nancy Kennedy
Listened to this one in the car. Continuation of the soap opera writer/mystery solver series. Fun and entertaining.
Helen Taylor
Feb 17, 2008 Helen Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys cosy mystery.
Tara
While I like the main character in this series, I am not sure if I will continue this series.
Leigh
Jan 17, 2010 Leigh added it
Shelves: mystery
Love Her to Death (Daytime Mysteries) by Linda Palmer (2005)
Miss Mouse
A fun quick read. I love reading about Morgan's QVC purchases!
Marinda
This book wasn't nearly as well done as the first in the series.
Ali
Missing 'All My Children' and finding this a fun read.
Mary Shive
Enjoyable read that kept me interested throughout.
Helen Taylor
Lois
Good second book in the series.
Margaret
Listened to the audio book.
Patty P
Patty P is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2015
Mohammad Safikul
Mohammad Safikul marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • November Hunt
  • Chihuahua Confidential (Barking Detective #2)
  • Murder on Ice (A Figure Skating Mystery #1)
  • Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Blue Blood (Debutante Dropout, #1)
  • Deadly Recall
  • Heaven Is High (Barbara Holloway #12)
  • The Dangerous Edge of Things
  • Steamed (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #1)
  • Seneca Falls Inheritance (Glynis Tryon, #1)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • Murder for Choir (Glee Club, #1)
  • Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #6)
  • Woof at the Door (Call of the Wilde #1)
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Thread Reckoning (An Embroidery Mystery, #3)

Daytime Mystery (4 books)
  • Love is Murder (Daytime Mystery, #1)
  • Love You Madly (Daytime Mystery, #3)
  • Kiss of Death (Daytime Mystery, #4)
Love is Murder (Daytime Mystery, #1) Love You Madly (Daytime Mystery, #3) Kiss of Death (Daytime Mystery, #4) How to Write It, How to Sell It: Everything a Screenwriter Needs to Know About Hollywood brigham young university