Start by marking “Monsieur Saguette and His Baguette” as Want to Read:
Monsieur Saguette and His Baguette

Monsieur Saguette and His Baguette

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Imagination comes to the rescue in this comical and original story about the day in the life of a Frenchman.
Published February 1st 2004 by Kids Can Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Monsieur Saguette and His Baguette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsieur Saguette and His Baguette

MsLISt
This is a really fun corporate read aloud with a K/1 class! They love chiming in with "merci!" and giggling at the ridiculous uses for his baguette. That he eats the baguette in the end is _supposed_ to be crazy ... it's like animals that talk or wear clothes ... anything goes with fiction. Enjoy the humor!
Heidi
I read this for my Book Buddies Book Club (a book with a food in the title). I liked seeing all the different situations M. Saguette found himself in. The baguette was pretty funny. But after all that, there is no way I would eat that bread. Plus, I didn't like the bread in Europe anyhow.
Corinne
Jun 30, 2008 Corinne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young readers
Shelves: picture-books
Monsieur Saguette finds many uses for his baguette before he reaches home and eats it with his soup. Some repetition of format. Simple, muted illustrations.
Jon
How could he possibly eat that baguette?
Samantha Penrose
I really loved the illustrations.
Kelsey Yates
A bit ridiculous and unsanitary but ok.
Claire
Claire added it
Dec 13, 2014
Catalina Terracotta
Catalina Terracotta marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Mar 06, 2014
Muttix Onlymuttix
Muttix Onlymuttix marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Frank Asch is an American children's writer, best known for his Moonbear picture books.

Asch published his first picture book, George's Store, in 1968. The following year he graduated from Cooper Union with a BFA. Since then he has taught at a public school in India, as well as at a Montessori school in the United States, conducted numerous creative workshops for children. He has written over 60 bo
More about Frank Asch...
Happy Birthday, Moon Popcorn Mooncake Bearshadow (Moonbear) Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius