Start by marking “Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker, #1)

Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  601 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
THE DEATH DEALERS

Rei seems like an affable transfer student to everyone around him, but quirky high school beauty Sakura sees his true face as a terrifying vigilante—a “nonexistent” Code:Breaker who cannot be touched by the law. And since Sakura has just witnessed the effects of his deadly blue flame, she’s slated to be the next to burn!
Published July 27th 2010 by Del Rey (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaNaruto, Vol. 01 by Masashi KishimotoOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichiro OdaBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Best Shounen Series
46th out of 149 books — 443 voters
No.6, Volume 1 by Atsuko Asano境界の彼方 [Kyoukai no Kanata] by Torii Nagomu氷菓 by Honobu Yonezawa新世界より [Shinsekai Yori] by Yusuke Kishi氷菓 [Hyouka] Vol. 1 by Honobu Yonezawa
USA Release Wishlist
52nd out of 227 books — 96 voters

More lists with this book...

LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
This first volume of Code:Breaker wasn't necessarily bad, but had very little that made me want to continue reading.

The mystery surrounding Rei and what Code:Breakers and Deviant Breeds are should, in theory, have inspired me to want to know more. The difference between Rei when he's trying to act like an ordinary high school boy and Rei when he's being a merciless killer is remarkable – he's so hard to read that it's tough to say for sure whether his small kindnesses towards dogs and children w
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

With Code: Breaker, we have a fairly typical urban fantasy that never really hits any high points in this first volume. The main characters are irrational and poorly written. The story is inert and has far too much tell over show. And the illustration work is very unimaginatively 'seinen'. Honestly, I was bored.

Story: Sakurakoji is the perfect girl at her high school: highly interested in martial arts, beautiful, lively,
Titis Wardhana
Akhirnya setelah Samurai Deeper Kyo bertahun-tahun lalu...

Sakura cewek idola di sekolahnya. semua cowok berlomba-lomba pengen jadi pacarnya buat ngelindungin Sakura yang kliatan kayak cewe lemah en lembut itu, padahal Sakura ini Aikido dan 3 en Karate + Judo dan 4 (waow!). Suatu hari Sakura ngeliat ada banyak orang kebakar di taman sama api biru, trus dia ngeliat cowo pelakunya. Eh besoknya cowo itu jadi murid baru di kelasnya, namanya Rei Ogami. Sakura brusaha buat ngebuktiin kalau Rei ini pela
Nicole
Nov 29, 2010 Nicole rated it liked it
Jason
Aug 02, 2010 Jason rated it did not like it
Really underwhelmed by this one. An excerpt from my review below; the full review can be found here: http://www.playbackstl.com/comic-book...

"If Kamijyo played his hand right, Code: Breaker could work as a philosophical battle between Rei and Sakura, between wreaking Biblical vengeance (“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil,” as Rei puts it) and preserving the rule of law. But that battle never really takes because in Code: Breaker’s world, there are no shades of gray: in th
Hillary
Dec 03, 2010 Hillary rated it liked it
This reminds me of a mystical Full Metal Panic. It's both funny and serious. The funny parts comes from social ineptness by the main character Sakura Sakurakoji for example she wakes up in the park after witnessing her classmate Rei Ogami kill a bunch of thugs there the night before. She gets to school late and Ogami is acting like nothing happened.
Sakurakoji: Aoba, I never went home last night. Could you cover for me by saying I slept over at your place?
Aoba: E-eh?! Wha--?! Why?!
Sakurakoji: If
Fatemeh
Dec 09, 2015 Fatemeh rated it really liked it
حدودا سه و نیم.
نقاشی هاش اونقدر که انتظار داشتم عالی نبود اما داستان تا اینجا با یکم نفاوت، بهتر از انیمه بوده.
امیدوارم تا پایانش به اندازه ی انیمه ش ناقص نباشه و به سوالایی که برای خواننده ایجاد می کنه جواب بده.
Denhi Alvarez
Oct 17, 2014 Pretty Angelia rated it really liked it
suka sama Ogami dan Sakura >. <
Enni
Dec 25, 2014 Enni rated it liked it
I actually finished this series and it was okay, filled with lots of actions and comdey. I got attached to loads of characters in this story. But
although I did like the ending, I still found myself being a little sad about it. Maybe because it wasn't what I would have liked it to be. I gave it 2.5 stars because how the series closed the whole thing up has a big impact on how I will feel about it overall.
Amy Gideon
May 26, 2014 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I enjoy the concept of the series, but I don't care for Sakura's outlook on life. It's naive and preachy.
Crystal
Jan 05, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2011
It is an interesting new series.
Mai
Feb 06, 2013 Mai rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Currently in the midst of this series.. and I must admit it took a while to get there. The beginning of this manga is dreadfully dull but I continued in the hopes that it would get better later on, and it did! So just bear it and read on. For the first volume, though, it could have done better to draw more readers in.
Kemar Pickering
Oct 28, 2010 Kemar Pickering rated it it was amazing
This book is very good!!!! I would recommend this book to people who liked or has read death note,although it has many similar themes and a somewhat similar story line.
Irene
Apr 13, 2014 Irene rated it it was ok
Manga rating: 2 stars
Anime rating: 3.2 stars

You know what I want as a very late Christmas present? This manga series to end.
Manikmaya
Nov 05, 2012 Manikmaya rated it really liked it
The Code of Hammurabi, The Group of Vigilante, The Rotten Civilization.

Mix them all and... TARA... That's Code Breaker!
Nicole
Apr 23, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Would have given it 5 stars, but there is some animal cruelty in a couple of the chapters and I really did not like it.
Fyre.Katz
Mar 15, 2012 Fyre.Katz rated it really liked it
Interesting... must read volume 2!
Erik Moody
Sep 11, 2013 Erik Moody rated it it was amazing
A little dark...but very interesting.
Nelli Moore
Dec 26, 2012 Nelli Moore rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I loved it.
Chloe Tan
Apr 22, 2013 Chloe Tan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anime, manga
Awesome anime!
Kuroneko
Kuroneko rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Karthik
Karthik rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Sublime Reads
Sublime Reads rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
alex
alex rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Megan Sroka
Megan Sroka marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
  • Kieli, Vol. 1
  • Gokusen 1
  • Flunk Punk Rumble, Vol. 1
  • 1/2 王子 1 (1/2 Prince, #1)
  • tactics, Volume 1
  • Psyren #01: Urban Legend
  • Rin-Ne 1 (Rin-Ne, #1)
  • Pandora Hearts 13巻
  • Übel Blatt 1
  • Beelzebub, Band 1 (Beelzebub, #1)
  • Buso Renkin, Vol. 1
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening Arc, Vol. 1
  • Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 1
  • Princess Jellyfish, Vol. 1 (Princess Jellyfish, #1)
  • Chihayafuru, Vol. 1 (Chihayafuru, #1)
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 01
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 1 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #1)
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 1 (Chrno Crusade, #1)
198197
Akimine Kamijyo (上条明峰 Kamijō Akimine?, born September 13, 1975, Kanagawa Prefecture) is a Japanese manga artist best known for creating Samurai Deeper Kyo. The name 'Akimine Kamijyo' is merely her pen-name. Her doujinshi work was done under the name 'Meika Hatagashira' (伯明華?).

Her second series was Shirogane no Karasu also known as Silver Crow. It started on May 30, 2007 in Weekly Shōnen Magazine a
More about Akimine Kamijyo...

Code:Breaker (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 02 (Code:Breaker, #2)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 03 (Code:Breaker, #3)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 04 (Code:Breaker, #4)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 05 (Code:Breaker, #5)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 06 (Code:Breaker, #6)
  • Code:Breaker Vol. 07
  • Cøde:Breaker Vol. 08
  • Code: breaker 09
  • Code: breaker 10
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 11 (Code:Breaker, #11)

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil.” 1 likes