Start by marking “Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker, #1)
Preview

Code:Breaker, Vol. 01 (Code:Breaker #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  495 ratings  ·  20 reviews
THE DEATH DEALERS

Rei seems like an affable transfer student to everyone around him, but quirky high school beauty Sakura sees his true face as a terrifying vigilante—a “nonexistent” Code:Breaker who cannot be touched by the law. And since Sakura has just witnessed the effects of his deadly blue flame, she’s slated to be the next to burn!
Published July 27th 2010 by Del Rey (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaNaruto, Vol. 01 by Masashi KishimotoOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichiro OdaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Shounen Series
48th out of 113 books — 412 voters
バッカーノ!The Rolling Bootlegs by Ryohgo NaritaNo.6, Volume 1 by Atsuko Asano氷菓 by Honobu YonezawaShirokuma Cafe by Aloha Higa新世界より [Shinsekai Yori] by Yusuke Kishi
USA Release Wishlist
48th out of 142 books — 55 voters

More lists with this book...

LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
This first volume of Code:Breaker wasn't necessarily bad, but had very little that made me want to continue reading.

The mystery surrounding Rei and what Code:Breakers and Deviant Breeds are should, in theory, have inspired me to want to know more. The difference between Rei when he's trying to act like an ordinary high school boy and Rei when he's being a merciless killer is remarkable – he's so hard to read that it's tough to say for sure whether his small kindnesses towards dogs and children w
Titis Wardhana
Akhirnya setelah Samurai Deeper Kyo bertahun-tahun lalu...

Sakura cewek idola di sekolahnya. semua cowok berlomba-lomba pengen jadi pacarnya buat ngelindungin Sakura yang kliatan kayak cewe lemah en lembut itu, padahal Sakura ini Aikido dan 3 en Karate + Judo dan 4 (waow!). Suatu hari Sakura ngeliat ada banyak orang kebakar di taman sama api biru, trus dia ngeliat cowo pelakunya. Eh besoknya cowo itu jadi murid baru di kelasnya, namanya Rei Ogami. Sakura brusaha buat ngebuktiin kalau Rei ini pela
Nicole
Dinah Roma
This book was ok. I didn't really like it that much i don't know why but i watched the series anyway. I think it's just me. I'm not exactly a big fan of action.

-A Few Spoilers Ahead (kinda)

But i continued because i think i wanted to see Sakura and Ogami's relationship. I really loved Yukki though. (Look at my profile pictue.) He is very cute and caring and kind of lazy i guess. I also love how Yukki hugged Nyanmaru when he saw 'em. I ship them. Not really. Lol.
Jason
Really underwhelmed by this one. An excerpt from my review below; the full review can be found here: http://www.playbackstl.com/comic-book...

"If Kamijyo played his hand right, Code: Breaker could work as a philosophical battle between Rei and Sakura, between wreaking Biblical vengeance (“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil,” as Rei puts it) and preserving the rule of law. But that battle never really takes because in Code: Breaker’s world, there are no shades of gray: in th
Hillary
This reminds me of a mystical Full Metal Panic. It's both funny and serious. The funny parts comes from social ineptness by the main character Sakura Sakurakoji for example she wakes up in the park after witnessing her classmate Rei Ogami kill a bunch of thugs there the night before. She gets to school late and Ogami is acting like nothing happened.
Sakurakoji: Aoba, I never went home last night. Could you cover for me by saying I slept over at your place?
Aoba: E-eh?! Wha--?! Why?!
Sakurakoji: If
Denhi Alvarez
I liked the anime.
But this is way better.
Pretty Wuisan
suka sama Ogami dan Sakura >. <
Enni
I actually finished this series and it was okay, filled with lots of actions and comdey. I got attached to loads of characters in this story. But
although I did like the ending, I still found myself being a little sad about it. Maybe because it wasn't what I would have liked it to be. I gave it 2.5 stars because how the series closed the whole thing up has a big impact on how I will feel about it overall.
Amy Gideon
I enjoy the concept of the series, but I don't care for Sakura's outlook on life. It's naive and preachy.
Crystal
It is an interesting new series.
Mai
Feb 06, 2013 Mai rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Currently in the midst of this series.. and I must admit it took a while to get there. The beginning of this manga is dreadfully dull but I continued in the hopes that it would get better later on, and it did! So just bear it and read on. For the first volume, though, it could have done better to draw more readers in.
Kemar Pickering
This book is very good!!!! I would recommend this book to people who liked or has read death note,although it has many similar themes and a somewhat similar story line.
Irene
Apr 13, 2014 Irene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Manga rating: 2 stars
Anime rating: 3.2 stars

You know what I want as a very late Christmas present? This manga series to end.
Manikmaya
The Code of Hammurabi, The Group of Vigilante, The Rotten Civilization.

Mix them all and... TARA... That's Code Breaker!
Nicole
Would have given it 5 stars, but there is some animal cruelty in a couple of the chapters and I really did not like it.
Fyrekatz
Interesting... must read volume 2!
Erik Moody
A little dark...but very interesting.
Nelli Moore
Brilliant. I loved it.
Chloe Tan
Awesome anime!
Kabel Arisato
Kabel Arisato marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • Kieli, Vol. 1
  • tactics, Volume 1
  • Gokusen 1
  • Beelzebub, Band 1 (Beelzebub, #1)
  • Psyren #01: Urban Legend
  • Chihayafuru, Vol. 1 (Chihayafuru, #1)
  • Kaze Hikaru, Volume 1
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening Arc, Vol. 1
  • Blood Lad Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 01 (Arata: The Legend, #1)
  • Rin-Ne 1 (Rin-Ne, #1)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Vol. 1 (Princess Jellyfish, #1)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 1 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #1)
  • Pandora Hearts 11巻
  • Toradora! Vol. 1
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1 (Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition, #1)
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 1
  • Blood+, Vol. 02 (Blood+, #2)
198197
Akimine Kamijyo (上条明峰 Kamijō Akimine?, born September 13, 1975, Kanagawa Prefecture) is a Japanese manga artist best known for creating Samurai Deeper Kyo. The name 'Akimine Kamijyo' is merely her pen-name. Her doujinshi work was done under the name 'Meika Hatagashira' (伯明華?).

Her second series was Shirogane no Karasu also known as Silver Crow. It started on May 30, 2007 in Weekly Shōnen Magazine a
More about Akimine Kamijyo...

Code:Breaker (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 02 (Code:Breaker, #2)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 03 (Code:Breaker, #3)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 04 (Code:Breaker, #4)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 05 (Code:Breaker, #5)
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 06 (Code:Breaker, #6)
  • Code:Breaker Vol. 07
  • Cøde:Breaker Vol. 08
  • Code: breaker 09
  • Code: breaker 10
  • Code:Breaker, Vol. 11 (Code:Breaker, #11)
Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 01 Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 02 Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 03 Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 04 Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 05