Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)

Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  1,721 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Alice is kidnapped and brought to the strange world of Wonderland, where a war is waging between the Queen of Hearts and the Hatter gang syndicate, and Alice must find her way home while escaping their wrath.
Published March 8th 2010 by TokyoPop (first published January 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
114th out of 569 books — 1,188 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrThe Hollow by Jessica VerdayNevermore by Kelly Creagh
Books I find Grabbing
14th out of 79 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Shannon
Awww! This series is one of the cutest mangas I've read. Things get so violent that you don't even notice how randomly psychotic it is because of its cuteness. The artwork is just gorgeous and I'm still loving the style the style and clothes of all the characters. It's all so cute that I don't even mind that every guy in Wonderland is throwing themselves at Alice. The boy-obsessed girl in me is glad that the majority of the characters are guys. Aside from one or two, they are all gorgeous! Peter...more
Rach
Nov 04, 2010 Rach rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga, 2010
I will admit it, I remain intrigued by this crazy manga. I don't always understand the characters but I can't stop reading! :) There is still a lot we don't know about Alice, but there are a few things we can glean from her actions in this volume. She cares about people and doesn't want anyone to get hurt (especially killed), even if they aren't her friends or "important". The fact that she can tell the difference between the "faceless" servants is very telling. Also, she wants to help others as...more
Lesley
Alysse
This series follows a girl named, you guessed it, Alice. This is an adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, but this Alice isn't as much of a doormat like the orginal tale. She's much more practical and cynical. On top of that, she never even followed the "White Rabbit" into Wonderland in the first place, she was kidnapped. This Wonderland is filled with mostly bishie characters that have to play the roles of this world's classic inhabitants: The White Rabbit, the Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the Mar...more
Julie Hayes
A world in which everyone seems to be in love with Alice. Dream come true, or nightmare? It's not like she wants or asks for all the attention. And she just can't be sure about the one guy she does want it from, unsure of her feelings for him, and his worthiness of those feelings.

Alice has agreed to attend a tea party at the Hatter's place. Well, she could hardly refuse, as he knew she had been to one with the Queen of Hearts, could she? She is a little discomfited that it is occurring at night,...more
Colleen
In this second installment of the manga we get further into the aspects of the world that Alice has entered into/created. Not only do we see the darker sides of Ace and Blood, but also what the afterimages are and why Julius needs the clocks. I have to say that one of my favorite things about this manga is that though it is geared towards girls it is full of blood and death. I do read manga's that aren't, but it is refreshing to see that someone realizes girls just don't want flowers, butterflie...more
Kayleigh
Alice in the Country of Hearts is a multi-book manga series that gives the Alice in Wonderland story we know and love a nice big twist. Not quite as meek and submissive as the original Alice Liddell this Alice didn't fall down the rabbit hole when out of curiosity she followed the white rabbit, instead she was kidnapped by the white rabbit and taken to a Wonderland quite different to the one we know.

Wonderland is divided into four lands overseen by Julius Monrey in the clock-tower (safe ground)...more
Reeva
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this manga, I can’t decide who I love the most! I didn’t even think about Boris being the Cheshire cat. No wonder I love him so much!! ^_^ I also love this new character, Joker, now I wanna read those ones! Oh why does so many awesome men have to be in this manga? I am never going to be able to choose my favorite! I actually like Peter. I don’t know why. Dee and Dum are so cute, but insanely crazy. I loved the part where Boris and Ace were trying...more
Kate
Review in 75 Words or Less: Despite the amazing start in Volume 1, Volume 2 fell a little flat for me. There was no real character or plot progression. Yes, Alice finds out a big secret about Wonderland, but that is all the really happens. The male characters are still in love with her, which is actually starting to become quite annoying. And strangely enough, there is not one single mention of "the game." Okay second volume, but not the best.

Final Verdict: I was a little disappointed with this...more
Ashleigh
I was about to comment on how this entire volume was Alice bouncing all over the place with these guys who are all fighting over her, but then something else happened...
Anna
Apr 08, 2013 Anna rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anna by: Lillian
Shelves: manga
Have absolutely no idea why am reading this series... aside from killing time going thru a friend's manga shelf

The reimagining of Wonderland with its horde of hot guys is cute~looking and all, but really not that good. Everyone's idea of "love" apparently involves forcing Alice to do things she does not wish to, everyone's idea of acceptable violence is off the charts (why can everyone turn random objects into guns!?! Seriously! Not even well drawn ones) and the overall plot.. sorry, there was a...more
Ioana
It still was great as I kept reading! It was also funny, I love humor in novels!
Sierra
Interesting new take on the story of Alice in Wonderland ^_^
Karen
Blood, Peter, Ace... Todos son guapos ahí xD.
Serah Miskani
Ok the story starts to develope between the charcters within wounderland, we see aces true colours and bloods treturous thoughts its a great book and a rilliant carry on from teh 1st volume, enough of a great storyline to get me wanting reading the next in the serious and an intreeging peter...i shan't say anymore but for my manga lovers nad if you have read AITCOH lovers of volume 1 simply cant stop reading there keep going and let the story unfold before you!
....yaoi lover....
Claire
Alice gets more comfortable in this second installment of the series, getting to know the characters a bit more, and finding out some shocking truths about Wonderland.

Peter White is still by far the most annoying character, and it seems even more characters are falling in love with Alice, while she still tries to fight them off.

I quite like the realistic reactions and subtle hints to sex and such in this series as it makes it less innocent and a bit more real.
Elizabeth
Alice learns why the characters in Wonderland don't mind being killed, and what her friend the clockmaker does. Even more people fall in love with her and she sees two of the characters who are supposedly at war together in the rose garden.

This story is rather strange, and that's coming from me...so be wary!

I wish there were half stars because this one probably deserves 2.5 stars, but I'm going with 3 rather than 2.
Yodamom
Twisted and exciting this tale of Alice goes to the dark side of manga. The Cat
(awesome), the Hatter, the White Rabbit, Blood Dupree, Ace... and so many more characters bring the old story to life in a way that had me thrilled through this second book. The drawings are excellent and bring the emotions to life. A favorite. I can't wait to get the third in the series.
Engy Moussa
I am enjoying this manga quite much. The second volume is even more interesting than the first one and I believe that it will only get more and more interesting. I like the hidden values that the manga is trying to transmit to us concerning the importance of life, the uniqueness of each one of us, the joy of being loved,...etc.
Stéphanie
So this one was a little bit better than the previous one. We finally get a little more background information on this Wonderful Wonder World. More intrigue and yes maybe a little bit gun pointing which is actually annoying but still... interesting. And maybe a little odd. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Christiane
I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be one of those endless series where nothing actually happens, but Vol. 2 is not promising. Alice is still trapped in Wonderland and we learn one interesting thing at the very end, but not much is going on in the middle. Disappointing after the very good first volume.
Grace
Aug 04, 2013 Grace rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all shojo otaku
Recommended to Grace by: shojo otaku
Alice in the country of hearts is a very intriguing shojo manga. Some parts are very cliché, but this new view of everyone in wonderland being designed to be interested in and then eventually fall in love with Alice is an angle I've never seen before. You have to read to see how good it is :)
MacKayla Lane
I officially want to marry Boris he is just too precious. And as for Blood? Oh, my heart. I really do have a thing for A-holes but it's ok because he's a sexy A-hole...kinda perverted too when you think about it too much but I still love it!!!! Wonder if that makes me weird?
Jessica-Robyn
This second volume was very much in line with first. I don't have many comments to make a side from the fact it could have been condensed in some places and expanded in others. Very curious to see where the next volume takes us.
Kerry
This is not as fluffy as I originally thought. It's become really interesting and I like the way this story is going. It's actually addressing issues on the value of a life and I can't wait to see what happens in the next one!
Rosa
Still loving the artwork. I kind of like that Alice is learning more about her environment. Getting bored with everyone being love with her. I'm also glad we are starting to realize that the violence is excessive.
Lex Marie
Another piece of the puzzle, this series only continues to intrigue me. The second book is even more entertaining than the first. The story becomes clearer, the mystery gets deeper, and the sexual tension increases.
Halley Todd
Didn't finish. It was way too slow-paced for me. All she did was talk to the same characters that she did in the first novel. The plot has not progressed very far. Will not be finishing the series.
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 6: Betrayal (Shugo Chara!, #6)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 09
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 02 (The Earl and the Fairy, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol, 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 7 (Black Bird, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 06 (Gakuen Alice, #6)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 04 (Vampire Knight, #4)
Quinrose is a games company which is also responsible for the manga based on their games.
More about QuinRose...
Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #1) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 04 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #4) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 05 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #5) Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 1 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #1-2)