Start by marking “The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)

The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  739 ratings  ·  56 reviews

Her marriage is over. Her newspaper career went belly up. And it wonât be long before her two teenage sons are off to collegeâand then what? Sometimes it seems like the only thing Ginger Garrison can count on is her beloved Bichon Frisà and the loyal women in her dog-walking group. But her luck is about to take a wild turn. . .

A diplomatic snafu has sidelined the globe-

Published May 25th 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Night She Got Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night She Got Lucky

christine danielle (Bibliophilic Madness)
FOR MORE REVIEWS AND GIVEAWAYS, DO CHECK OUT MY BLOG:  photo bun3_zpsa210610d.jpg

THE NIGHT SHE GOT LUCKY

Cover: 5
Plot: 4
Characters: 5

OVERALL RATING: 4 LUCKY STARS!

photo 2_zpswnw7ar5f.png

Genevieve "Ginger" Garrison is tired of waiting for the one. After a failed marriage which left her with two teenage boys and an ex-husband who acts like a teenager too, finding a man is her least priority. But at the wedding of her best friend she meets Lucio "Lucky" Montevez, the hunky Spanish photographer.

I adore this book so much! The way the plot was ma
Sarah Eiseman
This book was the second in the Dogwalker series. From what I gather, this is Donovan’s first series and I’m so happy that she’s finally doing one! I like to watch characters progress and grow.

Ginger Garrison has hit a rough patch. Her career at The Herald is over, her ex-husband keeps rubbing it in her face that she’s getting older, her sons keep eating her out of house and home, and her dress at her friend Josie’s wedding is a size too small. Now the crazy lady officiating the wedding is givin
Lynette
The only previous novel that I’ve read by this author is the predecessor in this series, Ain’t Too Proud To Beg, which I really enjoyed. I hear that others have problems with some of her newer releases, but since I’m a recent reader, I am not familiar with her previous work and have enjoyed each book of hers that I’ve read so far, including THE NIGHT SHE GOT LUCKY. I need to preface this review to say that I am not a dog person and dogs play an important part in this series. The dogs are a refle ...more
Bet Lantaff

Book 2 in the dogwalker series from Susan Donovan was, to me, not as good as the first. While the hero/heroine did have chemistry, it wasn't enough to carry the book. There was very little excitement except for the climatic scene to wrap the book and some questions were left a bit unanswered. I liked the shower scene and would love to have a shower like the one in the book. It reminded me of another shower scene in another book by another author. ( I'll have to go back and re-read that
Keri
This was a fun light read. It took me awhile to warm up to Lucky. When I first met him, he seems as fake and one-dimensional as the paper he was wrote on. Slowly though he filled out and became the man you would be proud to know. There are some eye-rolling moments in the book and some giggle out-loud moments. I was happy how things ended up and am looking forward to Roxy's story. She needs her HEA.
Ann (Noumena12)
I probably wouldn't be so annoyed about paying higher prices for ebooks if I could share them (unlimited) like I can paper books. Going to start looking for more authors who self publish ebooks!!
Katie(babs)
One of the most implausible love scenes ever is in this book.
La-Plume
This is one of the reason why I increasingly stick to YA romances instead of adult ones: Sex Sex SEX, Lust Lust LUST!
Honestly, half the book was about that.

While Ginger's insecurities were overly stressed, Lucio's character appeared to be flatter than flat.Apparently he had some commitment issues which might have come from his nonexistent relationship with his father, but we never got to even scratch the surface of why he spent over 20 years hurting women right left and center. Apparently he me
Lilly Verdzco
"some men have pathological sense of entitlement. It must arrive at the moment of conception along with the DNA coding for testicles"_ Bea

"When it comes to men it is always smart to err on the side of caution"
"The job of nature photographer used to be to capture the wonder and beauty our world has to offer , but lately the job is to capture it one last time before its gone forever"_Lucio

Ginger was unable to stop the wave of emotions. She had been so lonely for so long. Lucio's sweet spirit, the
Jessi
Summary: THE NIGHT SHE GOT LUCKY is the super-sexy story of Ginger Garrison and Lucio Montevez. Now forty and divorced, Ginger is certain she’d rather spend her nights with her spoiled Bichon Frise than waste another minute with a man who doesn’t adore her. Then she meets Lucio – or “Lucky” as his friends call him – a renowned nature photographer as famous for breaking hearts as he is for as taking pictures. Is Lucio capable of staying put? With one woman? Or will he be on the first plane to Bor ...more
Tara
Maybe I'm just jaded, but I didn't love this story. I remember thinking that the first book in this serious was sweet and funny. Maybe it's the characters in this one. Or maybe the formula only works once.

Ginger is 40, gorgeous, divorced, mother of twin 15 year old boys and dog owner. She is lso ridiculously obsessed with getting older. When the book opens she is a wearing a dress a size too small and she can't breathe, and throughout she spends time trying not to have emotions so she won't get
May
Aug 21, 2010 May rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NOBODY! RUN!!! RUN AWAY!!
This is the second book in Susan Donovan's "Dog Walker" series about a group of friends who are all pretty much dog loving man haters. They stand alone really, but the common thread between novels might be nice. I liked the first one quite a bit, and I'll likely buy the third one.

However: this book (excuse my language) was BALLS.

I *LOVE* Susan Donovan so I was really surprised, but I just could not even truly finish this. The heroine is a drop dead beautiful woman who thinks she's old and ugly.
Bnice
****SPOILER ALERT***
This book was an okay read. I liked that it was about a woman-40 years of age with a set of teen age boy twins. In the beginning, I must admit that I was kind of turned off by a few things that I was reading but in the end it was an okay read.

Geneveve, auburn hair, tall, slender and 40 yrs old was married to her college sweetheart Larry who is now a Urologist. Their marriage did not last due to his love for younger females and fast cars. So they split up. He did a doozie on G
Cheryl
Ginger Garrison is a single mother, thanks to finding her ex-husband in bed with another woman. Bride’s made dresses can be killer. Take it from Ginger, who knows first hand. Ginger went outside to get some fresh air when she fainted into the arms of a handsome man.

Lucio “Lucky” Montevez used to be a very famed photographer. He was the most requested photographer. He would travel all over the world taking pictures of unique wildlife. Due to an unfortunate incident, Lucky is now let shooting pic
Sian
I didn't dislike this book but I am finding that this series of books lacks the magic of He Loves Lucy and The Kept Woman.
They were my first books with Susan Donovan but I havent liked any of her others as much as I did those 2.

I think maybe its the plot of a group of dog walkers who happen to be best friends, who hate men then start to find love one by one.
Also the women are older than what I am used to from this genre of books.

Now I am not saying I hated it, it was a nice easy light hearted ea
Michele
Book 2 in the 'dog walking friends' series. This one revolves around Genevieve, otherwise known as Ginger.

Her marriage is over. Her newspaper career went belly up. And it won’t be long before her two teenage sons are off to college…and then what? Sometimes it seems like the only thing Ginger Garrison can count on is her beloved Bichon Frisé and the loyal women in her dog-walking group. But her luck is about to take a wild turn. . .

A diplomatic snafu has sidelined the globe-trotting nature photo
Annalynn
Diane ~Firefly~
Cute book that almost got put away for a very stupid moment at the beginning.

What I enjoyed:
* The twins and their bickering.
* The friendship between the dog walkers.
* The fact that Ginger believed in Lucky after being told some bad things (until she saw "proof" in writing).
* Lucky at this moment. He sounds like he was a complete and total jerk previously.
* Ginger was a great mom.

What could have been better:
* I knew who the villain was and why the instant the character was introduced. Way too ob
Marcie
No where near as good as the preceding one in this series, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg."
Ann  Lorz
You've got the love a bunch of women who give up men and decide to spend the rest of their lives with their dogs. Yeah, not going to happen. This is book 2 of the series and followed the first one perfectly. You will love both Ginger, her twin boys and Lucio. They make a wonderful family together. We don't want to forget about the friends that are both two footed and four. You have to read these in order because too much of the first books information is given in the second.
Lorelle
40 year old devorcee, Ginger, happens to be a "Ginger" from Gilligan's Island look alike. She was destined to meet Lucio "Lucky" Montevez, a renowned nature photographer, who is a better looking, sexier version of Antonio Banderas. Can that even be possible? Together with the help of friends and her teenage twin sons, they start a "petography" business. Of course they have some pretty steamy sex and fall madly in love. Delightful fast and easy read.
Sara
The beginning of this little romance was very abrupt--almost as though the story picks up mid-plot. I enjoyed the stuff that followed, though. A group of women, soured on love, twin teenage boys, and an idiotic ex husband is enough to be entertaining. Throw in an exotic "sexual panther" and his devoted best friend for some suspense and hardship and it leads to a pretty exciting climax.
Zoe
Donovan always turns out brain candy for smart women, and this is no exception. While the conflict wasn't as emotionally strong as other Donovan novels, the comedy was great - particularly in her hilarously dreadful ex-husband. The supporting cast is well drawn, and the personalities of the dogs come through very well. I cannot wait for her to publish the last 2 in this series of 4!
Ann Marie
This is the second installment in the dog walkers series that tells Ginger's story. Ginger is recently divorced and unemployed when she meets Lucky Montevez, a world renown photographer in the midst of a scandal. Great characters including all of the dogs in the dog walker club. Racy with just enough intrigue to keep it interesting. All in all, a good beach read.
Alicia
This was a typical contemporary romance; a sweet, funny, feel-good story with no particular punch to it. It was a nice way to while away a couple of hours, and if I happen to come across the other books in the series, I will probably be quite happy to while away a few more hours reading them too.
Suzanne Rankin
I never give such low ratings but this book was hard to get through. I almost didn't finish it but decided to go ahead. The love story was so unrealistic as well as the love scenes themselves. I was disappointed to say the least. I do like this author so I won't hold it against her.
Dawn ♥ romance
I like this dog walking group of women. The story had an exciting ending and there was lots of steamy sex but it was too heavy with peoples thoughts. Recently unemployed divorcee Ginger asks renowned nature photographer Lucio 'Lucky' to take a picture of her pet Bichon Frise.
Jodi
Fun book. I found it really silly that Lucio was charging one-five thousand dollars for pictures of dogs and their owners. Seemed like a ridiculous idea and really over priced. Other than that I thought the book was fun. Can't wait to read Roxie's story next.
Nefret
Nach diesem Buch bin ich mir sicher, dass Susan Donovan noch nie in Europa war oder einen Spanier getroffen hat. Lucky entspricht dem Klischee eines Latinlovers.
Ein kleiner Tipp: man sollte englische Schimpfwörter nicht 1:1 ins Deutsche übersetzen.
Patricia Solla
Though I did not read book #1 I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good storyline, a little hokey in the beginning, but goes to the storyline well. Title is very nicely connected to the storyline. Interesting twist at the end.
  • Unravel Me (Malibu and Ewe #2)
  • Luck Be a Lady (West Investigations, #2)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • Skintight (Showgirls #1)
  • Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4)
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Knot (Chicks with Sticks #2)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Bachelor Blogs, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Tails of Love
SUSAN DONOVAN's novels have won accolades for being witty, sexy, and entertaining. A former newspaper reporter with journalism degrees from Northwestern University, Susan is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author whose novels have been translated into dozens of languages. Susan is a two-time RITA Award finalist, and her novel TAKE A CHANCE ON ME was named Best Contemporary Romance of 20 ...more
More about Susan Donovan...

Dog Walkers (3 books)
  • Ain't Too Proud to Beg (Dog Walkers, #1)
  • Not That Kind of Girl
He Loves Lucy The Kept Woman Knock Me Off My Feet Take a Chance on Me Public Displays of Affection