Start by marking “Angel: Immortality For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Angel: Immortality For Dummies

Angel: Immortality For Dummies (Angel: After the Fall #7)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  442 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Eisner Award-winning writer Bill Willingham's (Fables) first story arc on Angel: Immortality For Dummies, takes us down the dark path of fame, testing old allegiances and new friendships. When Angel goes missing, Connor steps in, and learns pretty quickly that being a hero is a lot harder than dad makes it look.
Published July 27th 2010 by IDW Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel

Izlinda
I was surprised to see this in the bookstore. I have yet to finish the Angel TV series (though I have the entire series), so I skipped reading the Angel graphic novels "After the Fall" whenever I saw them in the bookstore. However, when I saw Bill Willingham's name on this graphic novel, I could not resist picking it. I don't care about the spoilers it gave me - I'm a big fan of Bill Willingham and his Fables series. (Not so much Jack of Fables, though.)

I really like this volume, though Spike s
Jim C
Angel goes missing and Connor takes the role of leadership of the group as they try to figure out what has happened to Angel.

This was a nice story that I had no problem picturing this as an episode of the television series. I liked the artwork in the book also. I did think the portrayal of Spike was a little over the top.
Illyria's portrayal was fantastic and she had the best lines in this book (she should have her own spinoff series as I think her storyline is worth exploring). I am still amazed
Matt
New author and still fun to read. The team is a little big for comfort, and, speaking of comfort, the artist has the faces way too close up! Respect my personal space, please.
Small poking fun at celebrity.
Angela
Angel has gone missing, Connor has acquired a demon army and Spike is just, well, Spike. A company is selling a product that turns celebrities into vampires with souls. There's some nice twists in this book, but feels like its setting the scene for a bigger story line. I particularly liked the way Ilyria and Spike were handled. A good read.
Sonatajessica
Pure fun, not great but good enough. A stand alone plot that fits into the bigger scope of season 6 and even has a few good character moments. The thing with the Angel continuation in comics is that I could really see all of it on the screen, this is really what the TV show could have continued like (of course, my personal opinion). It really is a shame we never got to see all this. Buffy season 8 failed bitterly on that.
Sure, admitted, once in a while a character acts a bit out of it or some d
Janice
The best chapter in the "After the Fall" saga. It feels as though the team is back on track and things are making sense again. Questions I had from early in the TV series are now resurfacing and being addressed. I can feel this storyline coming together to wrap up.
In "Angel: Aftermath" I became bored and felt that I might give up on the series, but didn't since I have read Buffy season 8 and season 9 and I want the Angel backstory leading up to the events in those novels. "Immortality for Dummi
Ashley
I like Bill Willingham, but his version of Angel is not for me. Stopped reading the series after this.
Ivy
Liked this! Am looking forward to reading another Angel comic.
Brendan Ellis
The roller coaster of quality continues but this time we're at the top. With a different writer in charge the sense and the fun have returned. All the low point in the series were written by Brian Lynch so far but his opening issues were good, so I'm going to guess he got a bit burnt out on this series. Although thinking about it he did still have Joss Whedon as a consultant at that point. Two more volumes to go and I'll finally be caught up with IDW's Angel series and I can move on to Buffy Sea ...more
Emily
I'm a big fan of Willingham's Fables graphic novel series, but this Angel installment didn't even come close to the normal quality of his work. There were still a few fun moments, like (view spoiler) but the witty dialogue was mostly absent here. Bring back Bryan Lynch, I say, or someone equally in tune with Joss Whedon's style.
Shannon Appelcline
This is a lot of fun mainly because Willingham seems to get the characters and storytelling of Angel spot on. The characters all feel authentic, and the focus on Connor is particularly great. Meanwhile the plot of turning rich people into vampires feels like it's right out of the TV show. It may be an "episode" rather than something truly epic, but it's still a fun one! [8/10]
Amber
Love Bill Willingham on Fables, so interesting to see him playing in Joss Whedon's universe. Didn't love his characterization of Spike, who read more like the Jack character from Willingham's Jack of Fables series, but aside from that this was a fun read. I'm looking forward to the next collection of Willingham's work on Angel.
Federiken Masters
No está nada mal... Hasta creo que es el primer comic de Angel que tengo cuyo dibujo no solo no apesta sino que suma bastante. Eso sí, craso error de mi parte habérmelo leído sin saber que era el tomo #7 de Tras la Caída habiendo leído solo el primero. ¡Ahora me cagué todo lo que viene!
Michelle M
Life goes on after LA returns from Hell, only things are a lot different now that Angel is a celebrity. Mostly dealing with the fallout from everyone's actions while they were in hell, a reality that was reset as if nothing happened, only the memories remain.
Post-After the Fall series. I think Illyria probably has some of the best parts in here, with both discussion about how to live as a good being without understanding morality; and her desires to mate....
Yomna hosny
I hope Eddie meets the crew and becomes a recurring character, I really like this story arc :)
Kimikimi
Wasn't thrilled with this one, the story was kind of obvious from the beginning.
Andrew
Maybe I'll like it more when I go back and read it in one go rather than month-to-month?
Tracey
the last chapter with Eddie the devil was great. i hope he's in the next book.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
I was surprised how good it was considering Connor was a big part of it...
Ashley Harvey
Ashley Harvey marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Carter
Carter marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Petra Mäkipiha
Petra Mäkipiha marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
  • Angel: Last Angel in Hell (Volume 6)
  • Angel, Volume 3: The Wolf, the Ram, and the Heart
  • Angel: Only Human
  • Spike: The Devil You Know
  • Angel: Aftermath (Volume 5)
  • Angel & Faith: Daddy Issues (Angel & Faith, #2)
  • Angel: The End
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Welcome to the Team (Season 9, #4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
  • Angel Omnibus
In the late 1970s to early 1980s he drew fantasy ink pictures for the Dungeons & Dragons Basic and Expert game rulebooks. He first gained attention for his 1980s comic book series Elementals published by Comico, which he both wrote and drew. However, for reasons unknown, the series had trouble maintaining an original schedule, and Willingham's position in the industry remained spotty for many ...more
More about Bill Willingham...

Angel: After the Fall (9 books)
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 1
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 2: First Night
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 3
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 4
  • Angel: Aftermath (Volume 5)
  • Angel: Last Angel in Hell (Volume 6)
  • Angel, Volume 2: The Crown Prince Syndrome
  • Angel, Volume 3: The Wolf, the Ram, and the Heart
Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile (Fables, #1) Fables, Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers (Fables, #4) Fables, Vol. 2: Animal Farm (Fables, #2) Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love (Fables, #3) Fables, Vol. 6: Homelands (Fables, #6)