Start by marking “2095” as Want to Read:
2095

2095 (Time Warp Trio #5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  477 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Everyone's favorite time-travelers are changing their style! The Time Warp Trio series now features a brand-new, eye-catching design, sure to appeal to longtime fans, and those new to Jon Scieszka's wacky brand of humor.
Published April 1st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published April 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about 2095, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2095

Mr. Cohn
1) I liked this book because it was really exciting and suspenseful. For example, they needed a book to travel through time but then they couldn't find it so they had to use Uncle Joe's Time Warp Watch instead (51). This was suspenseful because it didn't really work right and they bounced all around through time.

2) You would like this book if you like anything with action or time travel. The boys go forward in time and are racing around New York city and they need to find a way to get back home....more
Dolly
Aug 10, 2014 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Some books and some authors just click with you. And that happened with this book (and to a greater extent, with this author.) We had so much fun with this story.

Our favorite was the Sellbot with the Brooklyn accent. I tried my best Brooklyn accent when I read this aloud to our girls and now they go around saying, "Hey buddy, what's your number?" constantly. It might get annoying eventually, but for now it's just hilarious.

And only Jon Scieszka could/would surreptitiously throw in a reference t...more
Emily
2095 is about three boys who call themselves the time warp trio and travel in time and experience life in that time period for a short amount of time before they find their book that transports them back to their own time. In the book 2095 the boys go to a museum on a class fieldtrip during their time which is 1995 and they get bored and decide to travel 100 years in the future to 2095. Once there they are bombarded by robots, crazy ad machines and people wearing crazy clothes and wild hairdos z...more
Murray Johnson
The fifth book in the Time Warp Trio series with Joe, Sam, and Fred. This time they are at the Natural History Museum in New York City and decide to go into the future to see what things are like 100 years into the future where there are no books, there are 3-D advertisements, and people use anti-gravity devices, but when they arrive there are three girls, who strangly look like them, who are hot on their trail. Typical Jon Scieszka fun, but where I have not read the first book in the series I d...more
Lindsey
I see now that this book was originally published in 1995, then republished in 2004. When I looked it up on Amazon.com, it just says it was published in 2004.

This book is part of the Time Warp Trio series by Jon Scieszka. The main characters are three boys, Fred, Sam, and Joe, who seem to be in upper elementary school. Similar to the Magic Tree House books, the series seems to revolve around the kids travelling back in time (or in the case of this book, forward in time) to experience another ti...more
April Kane
2095 is the fifth book in the Time Warp Trio Series by Jon Scieszka. I picked this book up because I enjoy reading about the American Museum of Natural History (where this story is set).

I think I would have enjoyed the book more if I had read the other titles in the series, as I would have had a better understanding of the characters and their shared history. So I really think you need to read the previous books or at least the first one in the series, Knights of the Kitchen Table, to really ap...more
Ezra
2095 is a graet book i like it it's about three boys who go into the future they almost get stuck there messing around with a advertisement robot who is asking for their number. character trait: All three boys are not sure what to think of the future they are knowledgable of the future at the end they know what to expect when they get older. I think the most important part is when they learn to use the devices in the future. I recomend this book to people who like adventure and fiction books.
Christina
In the fifth installment of The Time Warp Trio, Joe, Fred & Sam travel 100 years into the future. Killer robots and some very interesting people await them there, along with a really big roll of toilet paper. What’s with the future anyway?

As with the predecessors, 2095 is a quick and fun read. There are a couple of pretty good surprises and it is fun to see Scieszka’s view of the future in this book. I kind of wish it was longer so we could see some more of it.

The good thing about this one i...more
Kevin
A lot of kid's books that I give bad reviews to on goodreads are perhaps the victims of an old crank. Perhaps when I was of age I could have appreciated these trifles, and not have groused about how children ought to be given more credit. But I read this in elementary school, and vividly remember its awfulness. So when I tell you that every copy of it should probably be burned, these are the words of a precocious crank.
Children's Literature
While on a field trip to the American Museum of Natural History with their class, the trio contemplates what life was like one hundred years ago and decides that they would like to see what New York City is like one hundred years in the future. They run into some new and old relatives which creates some strange possibilities. Will they learn to much and change the past and where is The Book this time?
Ubalstecha
In this volume, the boys are thrown forward in time. This is time with holographic ads that leap out from behind objects to accost you with their message. The boys also meet up with their great-granddaughters. But can they find the book in time to make it back to the past? And what's Uncle Joe doing in the future?
Camille
The librarian recommend these when I told her that my kindergartener has absolutely loved Magic Tree House books. He cruises through them on his own and rereads his favorites. Time Warp Trio is also time travel/history lessons,just as fun and interesting as Magic Tree House, with a fun twist of humor added in!
Mrs Bond
This time the boys zoom ahead 100 years and meet their great grandchildren! Don't worry, there is no mushyness in this family meeting. Love how the sellbots badger everyone for their number so they can know what products to hawk; have not doubt that some marketing genius is working on a prototype.
Frank
This book is a book about three kids who get send to the future by a weird book they have and they have to find it to get back home.One part i enjoyed was when the three boys were running away from three girls who were chasing them.The part i didnt like like was when the meet their uncle.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 11592 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 3.8 - AR Pts: 1.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Janice
Number 5 in the Time Warp Trio series. During a school fieldtrip to the American Museum of Art and History, the boys time warp to 2095 to see what life is like then. The boys meet their future great-granddaughters who help them recover THE BOOK and get back to 1995.
Kristine Pratt
Wandering into the future isn't everything it's cracked up to be. But the trio still manage to save the day...and find out some interesting things about what kinds of things they'll accomplish in their lives. A book that's fun to read.
Mary Jo
Part of Scieszka's Time Warp Trio series, this one follows the trio as they jump forward to the year 2095. Not exactly heavy reading, but enjoyable nonetheless. I read it because Scieszka is one of this year's Naperville Reads authors.
Madeline Henricksen
"Time Warp Trio 2095" is like the Magic Tree House books. It revolves around three kids, Sam, Fred, and Joe.They use a book called"The Book"(DUH!)to go the past or the future. This book is a good book.
Dani
I thouth it was intrusting because cus a vacum turns to a robot . that was the what and the robot was from the fucher the who is Sam . Fred . Joe they are the main charecters were
Kirill Veselyev
The three friends went into the year 2095 they saw robots flying skateboards and floating cars.They still managed to get themselves into trouble.
Jenn
I read this with one of my guided reading groups. It was really funny but I find the Time Warp Trio books a little confusing at times for my kids.
Christy Head
This member of the Time Warp Trio was less informative than others yet put a different spin on the series, which was a nice change of pace.
Sam
So funny! Sam upchucks, does peristaltic pyrotechnics, throws a sidewalk pizza, buicks, etc. in this one! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!
Caelan Attaway
its about the time warp trio going into the future and finding and findin there neces
I vaguely remember reading this book in elementary school, pre-2004.
Carolyn
AR 3.8 -- 1.0

Introduces the Time Warp Trio's granddaughters.
Tweller83
Fun, easy read. Good for elementary students.
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
  • The Moon Dragon (The Secrets of Droon, #26)
  • Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker (Stink, #2)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • Wanted... Mud Blossom (Blossom Family, #5)
  • Coach Hyatt Is a Riot! (My Weird School Daze #4)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Fran That Time Forgot (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #4)
  • The Kid in the Red Jacket
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • The Magic World
  • The Littles Go Exploring
  • Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius
  • Knights Don't Teach Piano (Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #29)
  • Stories from Around the World
  • The Escape of the Deadly Dinosaur: USA (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #1)
Jon Scieszka is a writer and teacher. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife and two children. Occasionally he has been known to howl at the full moon. --from the dust jacket of "The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs"

Jon Scieszka is also the author of the best-selling ALA Notable Book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, as well as Knights of the Kitchen Table, and The Not-So-Jolly Roger...more
More about Jon Scieszka...
The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs The Stinky Cheese Man: And Other Fairly Stupid Tales Math Curse The Frog Prince, Continued Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories of Growing up Scieszka