Start by marking “No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter, #5)” as Want to Read:
No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter, #5)

No Mercy (Dark-Hunterverse #19)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  20,475 Ratings  ·  885 Reviews
Live fast, fight hard and if you have to die then take as many of your enemies with you as you can. That is the Amazon credo and it was one Samia lived and died by. Now in contemporary New Orleans, the immortal Amazon warrior is about to learn that there’s a worse evil coming to slaughter mankind than she’s ever faced before.

Shapeshifter Dev Peltier has stood guard at the
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 343 pages
Published September 7th 2010 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about No Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Mercy

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
62nd out of 1,217 books — 10,663 voters
Lover Mine by J.R. WardSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisSilver Borne by Patricia BriggsMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Eagerly Anticipated Books Remainder of 2009 and 2010
58th out of 490 books — 1,461 voters

More lists with this book...

Vilda
Rating: 4.5 stars

"In the heart and in the soul,
Evil takes its wicked toll.
When moonlight shines like flowing blood,
Over the earth the demons will flood."

Wow! Just wow. I'm not even sure what to say about this one! I absolutely loved it, and as with all of these books, I didn't wanna put it down. I love that at #20 in the series, I'm still loving it and need more. If you're new to the Dark-Hunter Universe, don't let the length scare you away--it's totally worth it! Now that I'm so close to the
Alp
I had a trouble making up my mind whether to rate this book 3 or 4 stars. The story started off strong but the thrill of reading began to ebb away somewhere around the second quarter of the book. Then in the last quarter, everything seemed to get back on the right track again, but alas, the ending just fizzled out.

It was a little disappointing because there was a good plot and interesting story in which I did enjoy a lot. BUT my major problem was the romance. It fell flat and I felt no chemistr
Jilly
This book was about Sam, a female Amazon woman turned Dark Hunter who could not stand to touch people because she would be swamped with their memories and emotions.

Think carefully about your answer. You don't want to make the Amazon mad...

But, alas, she meets Dev, a shapeshifter bear who is also a quadruplet and a bouncer at a paranormal bar. (just your typical boy meets girl story). Luck would have it that Dev is the only person Sam can touch without getting any emotional feedback. It is like
Laurie Garrison
Sep 19, 2010 Laurie Garrison rated it it was ok
As a huge Dark-Hunter fan this one didn’t cut it with me. I was very disappointed. Again this one is nothing like the books pre Acheron. I wish if the books are going to keep up with this pace Kenyon would go ahead and finish the series.

Again you get a lot of new of new characters you have to keep up with like this series doesn’t have enough then there is the added of all the different new gods and new demons. Like does anyone know who Lazarous is? There is so much Mythology going on that I for
Leah
Yodamom
Oct 14, 2015 Yodamom rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
Wow, that was a short read. I just started it and BAM, it was done. Another installment in the Darkhunter World, has one of the bear shifters, Dev, with a broken heart lust after a Darkhunter, Sam an Amazon woman with a ? Oh yeh, a broken heart. Yes it is the theme of the series but Ms. Kenyon always ads a little twist of the knife in each book that separates them even if they are basically the same. This one is action based, with less shagging and drooling than past books.
I really liked the act
CC
Jan 19, 2016 CC rated it did not like it
I really have nothing good to say about this book so I will not say much.

I hated the heroine. Truly pissed that the author gave such a suck ass bitch to a hero I really liked. Dev, the hero, has been a funny, sweet, protective big brother bear to Aimee (Fang's mate) and I have loved him in every book he was in. But in this book he totally lost his self respect and put up with this bitch who was constantly using him and kicking him to the curb! Sam, on the other hand, should have been a kick ass
Fangirl Musings
Nov 30, 2014 Fangirl Musings rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone! Sherri's an excellent author - read it!
Recommended to Fangirl by: Favorite author/series
Damn!

That's my first reaction.

Damn!

I loved this book! And, while hyperbole wants to spew forth of "I luv it, I luv it, I luv it!" I'll endeavor to resist. Dev and Sam were two very strong, beautifully written characters that I've always liked from previous books. They were such an amazing couple, and in reading their story, you could truly feel the emotion between the two. They didn't strike me at all as being paper thin in character or personality.

I often joked that it would've been so hilario
Caty
After reading Bad Moon Rising, I was ready to give up on the Dark Hunters series. I mean, after 20 books everything seemed the same, and I had no idea where the story was going.
Thank god (and the hot guy they chose to play Dev on the book trailer) I decided to give it one more chance, and boy did I had a great time.

No Mercy tells the story of Dev, one of the sexy bear quadruplets in charge of Sanctuary, and Sam, a Dark hunter (huntress?) so fierce, she’s member of the group known as the Dogs of
valee
Oct 04, 2010 valee rated it it was amazing
OMG! Just amazing! I loved this installment, although there were 3 or 4 I liked much more. But to be the 5th in a series with more than 20 books in it sounds pretty amazing to me,lol.

The plot was amazing, so much better than the previous installment about Fang, even though it was with the same characters and in the same place. Dev was a super hot and entertaining hero. And Sam was the ass-kicking heroin I just love to read about. It could have been better in the romance department but the plot w
 ~V~
Oct 28, 2010 ~V~ rated it really liked it
This, for me, was a 4 star..possibly a 4 1/2 ....I LOVED it! I'm not really sure what some have meant by there being too much world building or too many characters going on...I didn't think that there was anymore than past DH books..my feeling on that... is that if Sherrilyn Kenyon is planning on continuing this series for sometime yet..which it sure seems to be going that way...yay!!...it is kind of neccessary for her to introduce all of these new characters..for possible future ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Was this book actually written by Sherrilyn Kenyon? I feel like I was gipped!! It read like more of an action packed, Indiana Jones type book than a PNR. Where was the romance? Dev & Sam only got together a couple of times and That.Was.It!! Where was the mating/bonding scene?? I waited the whole book for that!!

That's not to say that I didn't like the book....I did. In fact, I would rate it 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed Dev and Sam and all the humor. I enjoyed getting to know more new characte
Joana Aleixo
Oct 29, 2015 Joana Aleixo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy-english
4.5 Stars!

I fucking LOVE Dev!!!

I fucking love him so much!!!

He is so sarcastic and honest. No games no bullshit. I love him!

I also really like his other brothers. I'm specially curious about Remi. Poor Remi... having to see the woman he loves with his identical brother... it hurts so much. I hope Remu gets his own book and that he finds another love that will make him really happy.

If Nicolette wasn't already dead I would kill her for what she did to Dev! Fucking bitch!

My poor Dev... and all th
Tessa Teevan
Feb 13, 2016 Tessa Teevan rated it it was amazing
I had no idea Dev was getting a book! Hmmm... He's a good bear brother but I'm not sure about him...

description

Okay, you caught me. It's true. Here we go!

description
Katie
Sep 14, 2010 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, paranormal
Really wish I could have read this on my iPod, but the price is too high. Thank G-d the library comes through when publishers get too greedy.

After finishing I am really thankful for the library, because I would have been pissed at paying money for the lousy formatting (huge margins) and bad editing. Several sentences with the wrong word, so they didn't make sense, and even grammatical errors (I hear the e copy was just as bad).

Not sure what to think about this book. On one hand it is an improve
Merve Özcan
Bu seriyi seviyorum ama ne zaman ara versem bu kadar mıç mıç olduğunu unutup duruyorum. Dev ve Sam'in hikayesi saçma güçler ve mıç mıç oluşları dışında epey güzeldi.
Cindy
Sep 12, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
I would really rate this as a 3.5. It was good, but not great.

**********************************SPOILERS*****************************

What I liked:

1. I loved Dev's character. It was nice to find out that there was more to him than the smart ass, wise cracking guy/shifter he appeared to be in prior books. I thought his back story was great, especially his complicated relationship with his mother. I also liked how his prior relationship with Nick was remembered.
2. Sam was a great heroine. She wa
P
Nov 08, 2014 P rated it it was ok
บรรยากาศของดาร์คฮันเตอร์อันเป็นเอกลักษณ์ในเล่มแรกๆหายไปเกลี้ยงเลยสำหรับเล่มนี้ :( เชอร์ริลีนเธอเลือกที่จะขยายโลกในนิยายของเธอให้ใหญ่ขึ้น แต่เธอไม่สามารถที่จะควบคุมเนื้อเรื่องให้จำกัดอยู่ในกรอบที่จะไม่ทำให้เรามองว่ามันชักจะออกทะเลไปกันใหญ่แล้ว โดยเฉพาะเรื่องของสไตรเกอร์ที่เราว่าชักน่าเบื่อไปหน่อย กับ conflict ซ้ำๆเดิมๆที่เอามาเขียนวนไปวนมาไม่จบไม่สิ้น นอกจากสไตรเกอร์หาทางแก้แค้นอพอลโลและสุดท้ายก็ต้องเฟลทุกที คือเราคิดว่าปมที่ทิ้งไว้ในดรีมฮันเตอร์เล่มที่แล้วมันน่าสนใจมากๆ ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Aug 08, 2011 Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this one so much!!
I dont have the words to explain how much i loved Dev and Sam!!
FANTASTIC READ!!!
Cant wait for another one!!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Corazon
No Mercy is the book about the bear Dev and the Dark Huntress Samia.
Samia is a member of the Dogs of War and in NO, because Acheron called her, to protect Nick with the other Dogs. In BMR we get to known that the Daimons can go out into sunlight. Samia is searching after them and she asks Dev about them…

The love story is sweet, but nothing extraordinary. I would have liked to read more about the couple. Every time when the story between them went on, SK made a stop and tells something unimporta
Shannon C.
Dev Peltier and his Were Hunter bear shifter family run Sanctuary, a well known bar/restaurant and haven for supernaturals in the New Orleans area. He gets involved with Samia, a Dark Hunter and former Amazon warrior. She is one of the elite fighters (aka 'Dogs of War'). Daimons and Demons are both hunting for her--can Dev help to keep her safe?

The main strength of this book were the main characters Dev and Sam. I enjoyed Dev's humorous wisecracks--several times I found myself laughing out loud.
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a fan Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Series since reading Acheron (I wasn’t aware it was part of a series), which I loved so much. Since my discovery, I have read, in order, most of the books but I have to be honest and say that some of the later books have been a bit of a disappointment.

No Mercy (book #15) was one of those I just could not get into. I have loved the Peltier bear family since meeting them in previous books and I was looking forward to Deveraux’s story and though I liked some part
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I love Samia’s character, she isn’t wimpy or a damsel in distress, she’s got spunk and is pretty kickass, even her name is bad ass like the Dark-Hunter she is, Sam Savage. Sam has the ability to see into other people thoughts which causes her trouble when getting hot and steamy with a man...However she is unable to read Dev. When Dev told Sam what his full name was the moment that followed made me laugh:

“”Devereaux Peltier”. She savoured the syllables of his name that flowed and rolled from her

Heather C
3.5 Stars

So, I put this book off for way too long. I wasn't really sure I would like Dev for some reason. Anyway, Dev was GREAT! I loved all the funny, dirty banter between him and Sam. They were HOT together, too! Unfortunately, I didn't like how they had sex so early in the book. I prefer a lot of sexual tension and after that, there was no more tension! And hardly any romance. So around 50% the story became boring to me. Around 75% it picked back up and I did end up enjoying it, but its not o
Ellie
I've been waiting for Dev's story since we first met him. The story doesn't disappoint, but I am starting to get a little tired with the world that Kenyon creates.

It's gotten to the point where I was just waiting for the mating mark to appear and for someone to get her soul. Sure it's a bit different how both of those came about and how they were resolved, but really it's the same as a lot of the other stories in this series.

A lot, a lot of new people were introduced in this story and we hear i
Jeri
Sep 23, 2010 Jeri rated it liked it
I'm wondering why I didn't like this one more than I did. I did enjoy it, but it didn't really pull me in all the way. I think it's that as the series goes on and the world-building gets more complicated, I like it less and less. Not because it's complicated, but because I've always thought the world building / background / plotting was the least interesting element. It's just never worked all that well for me, and now there's more and more pages spent on it ...

I do really like the characters a
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Sep 24, 2010 ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sherrilyn Kenyon Fans
Where oh where did all the romance go?

I loved Dev and Sam. They were hot together. But this book lacked alot of the romance that the other books had. Was still great though. I did miss alot of the older characters but was still glad to see some oldies like Savitar and Ash and Nick (Oh how I love Nick!)

I find all the were hunter novels are my faviourt.

There was awesome action and I have to admit I love it when a female can kick arse!

Cant wait until the next installment of this seemingly never en
Ctanner
Sep 14, 2010 Ctanner rated it liked it
I liked this one a lot more than the last book, but I miss the early Dark-Hunter books. I wish there was more emphasis on the romance and not so much on the world building. It felt like in this book Kenyon was throwing everything and kitchen sink into this one. There were so many characters (old and new) that were introduced that it was hard to keep up. The saving grace was Dev. He is one of my favorites.
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
What a fantastic read! Loved every minute of it. Loved that sarcasm from Dev, Ethon, Nick and Ash. Sam is a great heroine. Wonder what Stryker will do next? Wish it had more Savitar and the book was longer. SERIOUSLY...SK needs to put out 2 DH books are year! There are just so many characters that I would love for them to have their own book.
Kenyons Minions: No Mercy BOTM 29 30 Sep 24, 2015 10:53AM
The Lost Challenges: Book 19 No Mercy (Oct 1 to 15) 1 7 Sep 29, 2013 08:09AM
Kenyons Minions: No Mercy (Book 19) **Possible Spoilers** 42 143 Apr 04, 2012 03:13PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)
  • Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #7)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Dark Peril (Dark, #21)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling #6)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunterverse (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunterverse #1)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)

“You can take my life, but you'll never break me.
So bring me your worst...
And I will definitely give you mine.”
124 likes
“Boy, you knock on the devil's door and he will head slam you through the wall.” 86 likes