Start by marking “No Mercy (Were-Hunter, #5)” as Want to Read:
No Mercy (Were-Hunter, #5)

No Mercy (Were-Hunter #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  16,289 ratings  ·  764 reviews
Live fast, fight hard and if you have to die then take as many of your enemies with you as you can. That is the Amazon credo and it was one Samia lived and died by. Now in contemporary New Orleans, the immortal Amazon warrior is about to learn that there’s a worse evil coming to slaughter mankind than she’s ever faced before.

Shapeshifter Dev Peltier has stood guard at the
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 343 pages
Published September 7th 2010 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about No Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Mercy

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
62nd out of 1,185 books — 10,702 voters
Lover Mine by J.R. WardSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisSilver Borne by Patricia BriggsMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Eagerly Anticipated Books Remainder of 2009 and 2010
59th out of 426 books — 1,465 voters

More lists with this book...

Vilda
Rating: 4.5 stars

"In the heart and in the soul,
Evil takes its wicked toll.
When moonlight shines like flowing blood,
Over the earth the demons will flood."

Wow! Just wow. I'm not even sure what to say about this one! I absolutely loved it, and as with all of these books, I didn't wanna put it down. I love that at #20 in the series, I'm still loving it and need more. If you're new to the Dark-Hunter Universe, don't let the length scare you away--it's totally worth it! Now that I'm so close to the
Laurie Garrison
As a huge Dark-Hunter fan this one didn’t cut it with me. I was very disappointed. Again this one is nothing like the books pre Acheron. I wish if the books are going to keep up with this pace Kenyon would go ahead and finish the series.

Again you get a lot of new of new characters you have to keep up with like this series doesn’t have enough then there is the added of all the different new gods and new demons. Like does anyone know who Lazarous is? There is so much Mythology going on that I for
Leah
Jacqueline
Nov 30, 2014 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone! Sherri's an excellent author - read it!
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Favorite author/series
Damn!

That's my first reaction.

Damn!

I loved this book! And, while hyperbole wants to spew forth of "I luv it, I luv it, I luv it!" I'll endeavor to resist. Dev and Sam were two very strong, beautifully written characters that I've always liked from previous books. They were such an amazing couple, and in reading their story, you could truly feel the emotion between the two. They didn't strike me at all as being paper thin in character or personality.

I often joked that it would've been so hilario
Caty
After reading Bad Moon Rising, I was ready to give up on the Dark Hunters series. I mean, after 20 books everything seemed the same, and I had no idea where the story was going.
Thank god (and the hot guy they chose to play Dev on the book trailer) I decided to give it one more chance, and boy did I had a great time.

No Mercy tells the story of Dev, one of the sexy bear quadruplets in charge of Sanctuary, and Sam, a Dark hunter (huntress?) so fierce, she’s member of the group known as the Dogs of
valee
OMG! Just amazing! I loved this installment, although there were 3 or 4 I liked much more. But to be the 5th in a series with more than 20 books in it sounds pretty amazing to me,lol.

The plot was amazing, so much better than the previous installment about Fang, even though it was with the same characters and in the same place. Dev was a super hot and entertaining hero. And Sam was the ass-kicking heroin I just love to read about. It could have been better in the romance department but the plot w
 ~V~
This, for me, was a 4 star..possibly a 4 1/2 ....I LOVED it! I'm not really sure what some have meant by there being too much world building or too many characters going on...I didn't think that there was anymore than past DH books..my feeling on that... is that if Sherrilyn Kenyon is planning on continuing this series for sometime yet..which it sure seems to be going that way...yay!!...it is kind of neccessary for her to introduce all of these new characters..for possible future books...yes!... ...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Was this book actually written by Sherrilyn Kenyon? I feel like I was gipped!! It read like more of an action packed, Indiana Jones type book than a PNR. Where was the romance? Dev & Sam only got together a couple of times and That.Was.It!! Where was the mating/bonding scene?? I waited the whole book for that!!

That's not to say that I didn't like the book....I did. In fact, I would rate it 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed Dev and Sam and all the humor. I enjoyed getting to know more new characte
Katie
Really wish I could have read this on my iPod, but the price is too high. Thank G-d the library comes through when publishers get too greedy.

After finishing I am really thankful for the library, because I would have been pissed at paying money for the lousy formatting (huge margins) and bad editing. Several sentences with the wrong word, so they didn't make sense, and even grammatical errors (I hear the e copy was just as bad).

Not sure what to think about this book. On one hand it is an improve
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Loved this one so much!!
I dont have the words to explain how much i loved Dev and Sam!!
FANTASTIC READ!!!
Cant wait for another one!!
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I love Samia’s character, she isn’t wimpy or a damsel in distress, she’s got spunk and is pretty kickass, even her name is bad ass like the Dark-Hunter she is, Sam Savage. Sam has the ability to see into other people thoughts which causes her trouble when getting hot and steamy with a man...However she is unable to read Dev. When Dev told Sam what his full name was the moment that followed made me laugh:

“”Devereaux Peltier”. She savoured the syllables of his name that flowed and rolled from her

Corazon
No Mercy is the book about the bear Dev and the Dark Huntress Samia.
Samia is a member of the Dogs of War and in NO, because Acheron called her, to protect Nick with the other Dogs. In BMR we get to known that the Daimons can go out into sunlight. Samia is searching after them and she asks Dev about them…

The love story is sweet, but nothing extraordinary. I would have liked to read more about the couple. Every time when the story between them went on, SK made a stop and tells something unimporta
Cindy
I would really rate this as a 3.5. It was good, but not great.

**********************************SPOILERS*****************************

What I liked:

1. I loved Dev's character. It was nice to find out that there was more to him than the smart ass, wise cracking guy/shifter he appeared to be in prior books. I thought his back story was great, especially his complicated relationship with his mother. I also liked how his prior relationship with Nick was remembered.
2. Sam was a great heroine. She wa
Shannon C.
Dev Peltier and his Were Hunter bear shifter family run Sanctuary, a well known bar/restaurant and haven for supernaturals in the New Orleans area. He gets involved with Samia, a Dark Hunter and former Amazon warrior. She is one of the elite fighters (aka 'Dogs of War'). Daimons and Demons are both hunting for her--can Dev help to keep her safe?

The main strength of this book were the main characters Dev and Sam. I enjoyed Dev's humorous wisecracks--several times I found myself laughing out loud.
Heather C
3.5 Stars

So, I put this book off for way too long. I wasn't really sure I would like Dev for some reason. Anyway, Dev was GREAT! I loved all the funny, dirty banter between him and Sam. They were HOT together, too! Unfortunately, I didn't like how they had sex so early in the book. I prefer a lot of sexual tension and after that, there was no more tension! And hardly any romance. So around 50% the story became boring to me. Around 75% it picked back up and I did end up enjoying it, but its not o
Tessa Teevan
I had no idea Dev was getting a book! Hmmm... He's a good bear brother but I'm not sure about him...

description

Okay, you caught me. It's true. Here we go!

description
Jeri
I'm wondering why I didn't like this one more than I did. I did enjoy it, but it didn't really pull me in all the way. I think it's that as the series goes on and the world-building gets more complicated, I like it less and less. Not because it's complicated, but because I've always thought the world building / background / plotting was the least interesting element. It's just never worked all that well for me, and now there's more and more pages spent on it ...

I do really like the characters a
Tam
I've been waiting for Dev's story since we first met him. The story doesn't disappoint, but I am starting to get a little tired with the world that Kenyon creates.

It's gotten to the point where I was just waiting for the mating mark to appear and for someone to get her soul. Sure it's a bit different how both of those came about and how they were resolved, but really it's the same as a lot of the other stories in this series.

A lot, a lot of new people were introduced in this story and we hear i
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Sep 24, 2010 ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sherrilyn Kenyon Fans
Where oh where did all the romance go?

I loved Dev and Sam. They were hot together. But this book lacked alot of the romance that the other books had. Was still great though. I did miss alot of the older characters but was still glad to see some oldies like Savitar and Ash and Nick (Oh how I love Nick!)

I find all the were hunter novels are my faviourt.

There was awesome action and I have to admit I love it when a female can kick arse!

Cant wait until the next installment of this seemingly never en
P.Z.
บรรยากาศของดาร์คฮันเตอร์อันเป็นเอกลักษณ์ในเล่มแรกๆหายไปเกลี้ยงเลยสำหรับเล่มนี้ :( เชอร์ริลีนเธอเลือกที่จะขยายโลกในนิยายของเธอให้ใหญ่ขึ้น แต่เธอไม่สามารถที่จะควบคุมเนื้อเรื่องให้จำกัดอยู่ในกรอบที่จะไม่ทำให้เรามองว่ามันชักจะออกทะเลไปกันใหญ่แล้ว โดยเฉพาะเรื่องของสไตรเกอร์ที่เราว่าชักน่าเบื่อไปหน่อย กับ conflict ซ้ำๆเดิมๆที่เอามาเขียนวนไปวนมาไม่จบไม่สิ้น นอกจากสไตรเกอร์หาทางแก้แค้นอพอลโลและสุดท้ายก็ต้องเฟลทุกที คือเราคิดว่าปมที่ทิ้งไว้ในดรีมฮันเตอร์เล่มที่แล้วมันน่าสนใจมากๆ ไม่เข้าใจว่าทำไมถึงกลับมา ...more
Ctanner
I liked this one a lot more than the last book, but I miss the early Dark-Hunter books. I wish there was more emphasis on the romance and not so much on the world building. It felt like in this book Kenyon was throwing everything and kitchen sink into this one. There were so many characters (old and new) that were introduced that it was hard to keep up. The saving grace was Dev. He is one of my favorites.
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
What a fantastic read! Loved every minute of it. Loved that sarcasm from Dev, Ethon, Nick and Ash. Sam is a great heroine. Wonder what Stryker will do next? Wish it had more Savitar and the book was longer. SERIOUSLY...SK needs to put out 2 DH books are year! There are just so many characters that I would love for them to have their own book.
Cindyg
Loved it, loved it, loved it. Dev and Sam's story is awesome. Ms. Kenyon did it again, I love that woman. She can tell a story like no other. This series is definitely in my top five. My only complaint is it was to short...
Run don't walk to your nearest book store and buy this book, I guarantee you'll love it.
Ruth Violet
i love it!!! another great one from sherrilyn kenyon. so much is happening in this books. more questions answered. and opens up more question to be asked. so cant wait for the next one. i love sam and dev. they are so adorable together.
marlene
These books make me smile like no other.

This was exactly what we come to expect from one of the Dark Hunter books. Witty dialogue, snappy pop culture references, and a healthy dose of mushy romance topped off with some steam coming off the pages.

I am not sure I ever came across a mention of Dev and thought, “gee I really want to read his story !”, but once I started reading this book and learning more about him I quickly did. There was a lot of depth to a character we have really only previous
Andreina
Suz
Sep 11, 2010 Suz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
I really enjoyed this addition to the Dark Hunter series. Samia, the heroine, is a Dark Hunter and no slouch to constantly need rescuing. Nor does she have a chip on her shoulder with something to prove that makes her prone to stupid mistakes. Her issues are believable and in this book she works through them in a believable way.

The humor in this book is on point throughout, even groaning at itself when the joke is bad. Dev is likeable, tough but not overly macho, tender but no panty waist. Just
Ronda  Tutt
Melindeeloo
I like were-hunters and am pretty partial to bear shifters lately (Laurenston had a couple of good ones too). Dev is one of the four gorgeous identical quads belonging to the family that's run Sanctuary. Dev is sexy, snarky, and his humor makes the book a lot of fun. But beneath the attitude, there's some pain to give him depth too.

Yes, there are some PNR cliches in No Mercy since the heroine Amazon DarkHunter Samia is psychometric and Dev's touch is soothing whereas she can't bear to touch anyo
The Lost Challenges: Book 19 No Mercy (Oct 1 to 15) 1 6 Sep 29, 2013 08:09AM
Kenyons Minions: No Mercy (Book 19) **Possible Spoilers** 42 133 Apr 04, 2012 03:13PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
  • Dark Peril (Dark, #21)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Atlantis #5)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)

“You can take my life, but you'll never break me.
So bring me your worst...
And I will definitely give you mine.”
100 likes
“Boy, you knock on the devil's door and he will head slam you through the wall.” 77 likes