Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)

Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,405 ratings  ·  111 reviews
In Lydia Dare's debut trilogy, Regency England has gone to the wolves!

He's lost the most important part of himself...

Lord Benjamin Westfield is a powerful werewolf—until one full moon when he doesn't change. His life now shattered, he rushes off to Scotland in search of the healer who can restore his inner beast, only to find she's not at all what he expected...

She would m
Published May 4th 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Wolfish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Wolfish

Liz
Tall, Dark, and Wolfish

The second novel in Lydia Dare’s trilogy can be read without reading the first. This one tells the story of Lord Benjamin Westfield, who was only spoken of having taken off to Scotland with little notice in A Certain Wolfish Charm.

Benjamin is the youngest of the three Westfields, who are all Lycans, that is, werewolves. Unfortunately, after a disastrous evening with a prostitute too close to the full moon, Benjamin has lost the ability to shift. He seeks the advice of an o
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: "Did you miss me?"
"Like a piece of myself was missing."

Lord Benjamin Westfield is a powerful werewolf that has lost a part of himself. He heads to Scotland in search of a famed healer to help him in his time of need. Elsbeth Campbell has followed in her mother's and grandmother's footsteps by becoming a powerful witch and healer. When Lord Benjamin and Elsbeth meet they find themselves falling head over heels in love and not sure whom really needs whom.

In Ms Dare's second book
Cindy
Good read but stay away if you 'doona ken' dialect... The plot in the first book [A Certain Wolfish Charm] was driven by the fact the hero [Simon, our hero's oldest brother] was a werewolf. In this one, Ben has lost the ability to change and has gone to Scotland looking for a someone who might be able to heal him. What he finds is the daughter of the healer he sought, and the coven of witches she belongs to.

The book is charming and funny - the characters are people you would like to know. The p
Lover of Romance
I'll never let ye be, Ben. I plan ta claim ye as my Lycan mate this night. And every day from this moment on.

Benjamin Westfield is a werewolf and couldn't ever imagine losing his wolf. Then one night under the full moon, he doesn't change and is at a loss as to what to do. He feels as if he has lost a huge part of himself. When he starts to investigate and research he learns of a healer in the highlands of Scotland who might be able to bring his wolf back. So he heads up to Edinburgh. Elspeth C
Terra
Talk, Dark and Wolfish by Lydia Dare has to be my favorite thus far. This romance story has an old world feel and the mixture of Were Wolf vs. Scottish Witch is delightfully delicious.

In the first book Simon was the main character who is the eldest of three brothers. This installment takes care of Ben who is the youngest and the one who seems to attract trouble as easily as luring a bee to honey. Only problem is, is that Ben is suddenly broken. Ack, how does a were wolf get broken?

Well at least
Tina Folsom
Great historical / paranormal romance - my two favorite genres combined in one.
I interviewed the author Lydia Dare on my blog in September. Check out the interview.
Annette Clair
This was an AMAZING story. Lydia Dare has now officially become an "auto-buy" for me.
Tina
Second in the trilogy, better than the first one.
Marsha
Jun 18, 2010 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults
This is the second novel I've read by Lydia Dare. I just love her characterizations of the heriones in her books. They are cunning, intelligent, strong willed and vulnerable while without any superhuman abilities.In the second installment of the Westfield Brother, Ben Westfield finds himself in the alarming position of not being able to change into his wolf form during the full moon. In an effort to resolve this problem, he travels to Edinburough, Scotland to locate a healer (witch). Meanwhile, ...more
May Mostly Romance
Talk Dark and Wolfish ของลิเดีย แดร์

หนังสือเรื่องนี้เป็นเล่มสองในชุด เรื่องราวของเบนจามิน เวสต์ฟิลด์ น้องชายคนเล็กของตระกูลที่กำลังประสบปัญหาใหญ่

นั่นคือเขาไม่อาจแปลงกายเป็นหมาป่าในคืนพระจันทร์เต็มดวงได้ ด้วยความอับอาย เบนเลือกที่จะปรึกษากับผู้พันฟอสเตอร์ หมาป่ารุ่นพ่อที่เป็นผู้นำสมาคมหมาป่า และได้รับคำแนะนำว่า ให้เขาเดินทางไปสก๊อตแลนด์ และแสวงหาตัวแม่มดนามว่าแคมเบลล์ ผู้ซึ่งจะสามารถช่วยรักษาอาการนี้ของเขาได้

เบนออกเดินทางไปสก๊อตแลนด์ และได้พบกับแม่มดนามว่า แคมเบลล์ แต่เอลสเป็คไม่ใช่คนที่เบนกำลัง
Booklover1335

Benjamin Westfield has lived a rogue’s charmed life; A benefit of being the Duke of Blackmoor’s brother, as well as from a long line of shapeshifting werewolves. He is known for his seductive skills, and persuasive ways. That is until he finds himself unable to embrace his wolf form after a scandalous “incident”. A trusted friend sends him to find a renowned witch that has the ability to heal him. But once in Scotland he finds that the witch he was seeking is deceased, luckily her lovely and tem
Zeek
The tale in which Ben, the youngest Westfield brother highs himself off to Scotland to find a witch to cure what ails him.

Ben Westfield has a problem- he's a werewolf shifter who cant shift. On the advice of an elder, he goes in search of a witch, a healer who can supposedly set him right. But instead of the witch he finds her daughter, an enchanting redhead who fires his passions as well as his curiosity almost immediately.

Elspeth Campbell is intrigued by the gentleman who appears to take her t
Netha
Benjamin westfield, si bungsu, memiliki masalah serius. Dia tidak bisa berubah pd saat full moon.
Kebingungan benjamin menemui mayor froster untuk meminta saran – well lebih baik bertanya pd sang mayor drpd bertanya pd ke 2 kakaknya, yg simon pasti akan memarahinya spt biasa sedang william pasti akan tertawa terbahak2 – jd lebih baik benjamin coba menyelesaikannya sendiri saja dulu.

Oleh mayor froster benjamin diberikan alamat menemui seorang healer, rowena….., di scotlandia.
Alih2 bertemu rowena,
Erica Gonzalez
I have to say that this one was a little harder for me to like. Only because of El's interactions with her coven. It was a lot of the same stuff over and over again: "He's gonna take ye away" and "I'm no' goin anywhere." After I got past that though it was just as good, if not better than, the first book.

I thought, "Oh now we're adding witches to the werewolf story," with a very sarcastic eyeroll (if you didn't get that from the sentence). Because in my experience, when you have a story that al
Cherie Jensen
Very strong 4.5 stars only reason it's not five is because I'm not sure I'll read it again. I laughed and I cried. Benjamin is a dear, however he tends to not do well when he means well. Poor guy. Elsbeth is his match, no doubt about it. There's a nice parallel story regarding her mother and her father. I liked this one even better than the first and I really liked that one.

Elsbeth is part of a coven of witches who each have a specialty. One controls weather, another plants, another can throw f
Marru Aguilar
Benjamin Westfield es un personaje que hasta que no lo lees no le encuentras mucha gracia. Una vez comienzas con el y es imposible no quererlo. Atormentado, Fuerte, Cariñoso y vulnerable en una manera inimaginable pero verdaderamente adorable para un hombre que nada menos es un licantropo.

Ellie es una bruja demasiado singular pero en este caso no diria adecuada sino perfecta para Benjamin y justamente lo que necesita.

La trama y el misterio no se me dieron muy bien en esta porque desde el inicio
Ren
Nyeritain adiknya Simon, Ben yang ga bisa berubah jadi werewolf, trus ke Skotlandia buat cari obatnya.
Disana nanti dy bertemu dengan Elspeth, yang ternyata adalah anak dari penyihir yang dicari Ben.
Elspeth sendiri sedang mencari ayahnya yang seorang werewolf, dan ingin balas dendam karena sudah menelantarkan dy dan ibunya.

Yang ini unsur paranormalnya agak lebih banyak dari yang pertama, yang bikin Q agak bingung tu logat scottishnya Elspeth. Ga biasa kali yah :3
SAM, cewenya juga masih virgin lo,
Donna Campbell
Ashley Loos
Another wolf in the Regency. Ben travels to Scotland in search of a healer to help him with his change. He finds a group of witches, one in particular, that can help bring back his beast. Elspeth, a healer, vows to help Ben even against her coven's wishes. What follows is a tangled web of revealed truths, love, and a healing that brings out the happiness in both of them. I thoroughly enjoyed Tall, Dark and Wolfish, even more so than the first in Ms. Dare's new series. I cannot wait to see what s ...more
Ana Maria
Mmmmm, me esta gustando bastante y no me lo esperaba, quizas por eso me esta gustando mas, tenia las expectativas bajas, porque en el primer libro apenas se habla de Ben, solo se comenta que manda cartas asiduamente a su madre y pense: "ohhhh, dios un "niño de mama"". Pero para nada Ben es un amor, muy honesto y sincero, dulce y directo, y sigue teniendo ese aire a depredador que tienen los tres hermanos. La protagonista me esta encantando, es fuerte, directa, ingenua pero valiente. La verdad es ...more
Nicky
This is the story of Ben and Elspeth. Ben is the youngest brother of Simon from the first book. He's a werewolf as well, but has lost his ability to change w/ the full moon. He goes to a healer/witch in Scotland for help. Elspeth falls in love with Ben,despite her sister witches trying everything in their power to stop it because they fear he's going to take Elspeth away and break up their coven. But as it turns out, the self doubts Ben and Elspeth have do more damage than any outsiders ever cou ...more
Cassandra
Another great book!! A werewolf who lost is wolf seeks a witch to heal him and finds so much more! If you love shifters, give this a read, but read them in order!
Blodeuedd Finland
I heard about Benjamin in book 1, all I knew that he was somewhere in Scotland and his family didn't know where or why. Well this is the explanation. First he is of course a Lycan like his brothers, second, he can't transform any more after an incident with a woman. From a friend he learns that perhaps a healer/witch in Scotland can help.

Benjamin is like his brother in that aspect that he is afraid to love and be loved. He wants to control the beast and perhaps that is the problem. He is rather
Mason
Who could resist a title like that. When this book was offered for review, I was quickly drawn to it. It is the second installment in the Westfield Werewolf trilogy by Lydia Dare.

Even though at the time I had yet to read the first book (A Certain Wolfish Charm), I thought this book sounded interesting. The cover and the blurb were catchy and had a bit of suspense to it.

Elspbeth Campbell is a fiery-red headed Scott with emerald eyes. She’s a bit of an outcast from most of the town due to the circ
Melody May
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Oh boy another Lydia Dare. I might say this is my favorite book out of the series, but I can't say for sure yet. Today's selection is Tall, Dark and Wolfish. So, we continue on our reading of the Westfield brothers. Here is what's the story about:

All Benjamin Westfield problems stem from the incident that occur in Brighton the month prior. So, he goes to Major Forster for advice. Major Forster suggest him to go to Scotland to visit a healer (other words a w
Melindeeloo
I had originally skipped Tall, Dark and Wolfish after reading the first book in Dare's Regency werewolf series because brother Ben the lead here had been offscreen in that book and I just couldn't wait to find out how Will and Prisca were going to find a happily ever after. But coming back to Ben's story after having read all the rest of the wolves' stories and the first vampire one in the series, I have to admit that I didn't give Ben a fair shake, because Tall, Dark and Wolfish actually ended ...more
Lauren
Tall, Dark & Wolfish
3.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Benjamin Westfield has a little problem…his ability to transform into his Lycan form has vanished and he feels compelled to seek out a witch who can heal him and restore his inner beast. However, when Ben finds the beautiful Elspeth Campbell, she is not what he expects and he finds himself wanting more than just her healing arts…

Review:
A good premise and a sweet romance but not as compelling as the first book in the series.

Ellie and Ben are a cute couple
Haley Mathiot
Rating: 3.75

Lord Benjamin, the youngest of the Westfeld brothers, is a broken werewolf. He can no longer change in the light of the full moon. Horrified at himself, he seeks out a healer—a witch, although he isn't sure he believes in them—and comes across the beautiful Elspeth Campbell. But in order to let Elspeth heal him, he has to tell her everything. And spilling his guts to a beautiful Scottish girl isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Elspeth isn't quite sure what to think of Lord Benjami
Sandy M
I am thoroughly enjoying this Westfield Brothers series by Lydia Dare. Her debut book, A Certain Wolfish Charm, is a great introduction to the brothers and their animal sides, along with their heroines, of course. Tall, Dark and Wolfish is even better, which makes me very anxious for the next installment. It’s nice to be excited about a series again.

We don’t get much of Benjamin in ACWC. He’s gone missing, for lack of a better term. No one has heard from him for weeks, which is not like the man,
Anna
Benjamin Westfield is a werewolf, but he has lost the most important part of his being. A loss so deeply felt that it makes him feel broken. After some advice he rushes of the Scotland where he encounters the healer, Elspeth. In her hands, he believes he'll find his salvation. But fate is at work and what he finds is so much more.

I have been on a bit of shifter kick this month, and Lydia Dare has added fuel to my addiction. I'm not sure if this will be everybody's cup of tea -- but I'm really lo
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)
  • The Bearens' Hope (The Soul-Linked Saga #4)
  • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2)
  • Dangerous Magic (Sisters of Magic, #3)
  • A Question of Love (Questions for a Highlander, #1)
3112090
Lydia Dare is the pseudonym for the writing team of Tammy Falkner and Jodie Pearson. Both are active members of the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers and have sat on the organization's Board of Directors. Their writing process involves passing a manuscript back and forth, each one writing 1500 words after editing the other's previous installment. Jodie specializes in writing the history and Tammy ...more
More about Lydia Dare...
A Certain Wolfish Charm (Westfield Wolves, #1) The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves, #3) The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4) It Happened One Bite (Regency Vampyre Trilogy, #1) The Wolf Who Loved Me (Westfield Wolves, #5)