Start by marking “I Did (But I Wouldn't Now)” as Want to Read:
I Did (But I Wouldn't Now)

I Did (Crandell Sisters #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,618 ratings  ·  93 reviews
Are you ready to rock?

Lily Crandell has always lived in the shadow of her older sister, Lauren, who has a successful career as a wedding planner and a perfect husband and baby boy. Known within her family for being an aimless, impulsive trouble-magnet, Lily finally decides she may as well live up to her reputation: she elopes with new beau and would-be rock star Ted Dayt
Published May 15th 2006 by Pocket Books (first published May 2nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Did, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Did

Chanpreet
I loved this book! I felt really bad for Lily and the breakup of her marriage. But I loved her attitude. She's hurt, but still able to throw punches and be sassy. She's got balls. She steals her sister's passport and escapes to London to avoid her ex-husband's music and tabloid pictures of him canoodling with an actress and a pending felony assault charge against her. Lily's staying with her one and only male friend Carter, who she dated when she was 18 and he was 20. Carter's a hot orthopedic s ...more
Krystal
Thanks Laura (my current patron to literacy)

I am getting such a kick out of this story. It's fun, witty, has a strong female character (in the big personality kind of way, but kinda weak when it comes to relationships/love). I stayed up really late reading, I was that into it. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that in every chapter, at least so far, the character has to remind you she's a bad girl, or at least not good. We get it, move on =)
I had such a good time with this book, and I
Jerjonji
Not sure this fits the trashy but fun shelf, but I didn't want to create a new shelf titled- trashy and boring. Fleeing an ugly divorce from a rock star, the protagonist moves in with the one guy who has always loved her- in London. Not once did I care if she fell in love or fell in the garbage dump. She's not likable or someone I want to know. With her self-centered, immature, stupid behavior, I felt like slapping her and saying, "Grow up. Wait until something bad really happens to you!" But sh ...more
Dawn
Cute book! Not as good as the first book about Lauren, but still fun to read about Lily's life. Lily's character is shallow throughout most of the book, but does somewhat grow up towards the end. I loved how the author brought Lauren back into the story towards the end:)
Victoria
It was good but I feel like if the main character was real she'd have trouble keeping even the most average boyfriend, let alone all these mega-studs. Entertaining but not very realistic
Amy
Awful, awful. Ludicrous plot, ridiculous characters, unlikable heroine, just bad bad bad.
Rebecca
This title makes no sense, but the book was super entertaining. Lame, old chick-lit that didn't take itself seriously at all but you didn't care either.

Girl is divorcing a simi-famous rock star and escapes to London to spend time with her best friend, Dude, of course. They dated years ago, but of course, that didn't work out (you can guess where it goes at the end). Girl is super out of control, like in the way that she lives her life and the things she says, but for like the first time ever, it
Annie
Jul 28, 2011 Annie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Martha O'Brien
Recommended to Annie by: Beth Randall
I read this on Beth's recommendation and enjoyed her recommendation more than the book.

I stressed out on page 50 when the passport Lily "borrowed" from her sister was stolen. On page 69 I realized that this was not my kind of book when the main character said "The thing is, I liked Ted's mood swings. I liked not knowing which Ted I was going to get".

I didn't realize there are people out there who like living on that kind of an edge. I think that I would rather be thrown out of an airplane witho
Alex
At First Sight: Lily has always been the unreliable, flaky sister - particularly when compared to her older sister Lauren who is a successful wedding planner - so no one is surprised when she up and marries Ted Dayton, an up and coming musician, after only a few weeks of knowing him. And people are even less surprised when, a couple of years later, she finds herself in the middle of a nasty divorce.

With assault chargers pending over her head, forty thousand dollars in debt and tabloids running p
Trish
Sometimes it's best to read a book without expectations and hoping to be entertained. That's exactly what this contemporary romance delivered, light-hearted, funny entertainment. Married to a rock star Lily Crandell finds herself planning a divorce and runs to London to flee the publicity and shame. The secondary characters are funny, the sneak peak at the supposed life of the rich and famous and all the freebies they are given are hilarious. Fun, light-hearted read. Recommend.
Christinnatalia
Duh, novel ini jelek sekali. Semua tokoh-tokohnya tidak ada yang berlaku seperti manusia pada umumnya. Semuanya bersifat aneh. Terlalu bodoh, terlalu naif, terlalu kurang ajar. Jalan ceritanya tidak menarik, tokoh utamanya tidak mengundang simpati. Endingnya juga datar dan antiklimaks. Tidak ada romansa seperti di novel I Do But I don't atau humor yang dapat mengundang senyum di Pink Slip Party. Benar-benar contoh novel buruk yang sesuai dengan ungkapan "Don't judge a book by its cover" karena c ...more
Nikki
Jun 26, 2010 Nikki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends, fans of chick lit
I truly enjoyed this chick lit novel. It made me laugh, and I felt it was smartly done. I really liked all of the characters. Whenever I had to set it down to do something I always looked forward to picking it back up to see what was going to happen next. I did read I Do (But I Don't) a number of years ago. I remember the story-line and the main characters, but I really don't remember Lauren's younger sister, Lily who is the main character in this book. Since I loved this book so much it makes m ...more
Miss Kate Reads
I don't know how I'd end up married to a rock star, but I have to say I very much enjoyed finding out all the reasons why I should divorce one. This has to be one of my all-time favorite post-breakup stories. I love Lily's hatred of her ex even as she morns the relationship that she never should have stayed it. As outrageous as this book is (for the purposes of hilarity - I would call this book slap stick), Lily's feelings seemed very real and it was easy to relate to her frustrations. The hero ...more
Din
The beginning of the book was funny in a cute way. The middle of the book felt long and dragged out. The ending was more entertaining. Overall a quick read and funny. Would recommend for a nice easy read.
Emily Cornell
It was a nice read that kept you going, but some of the cliches were too much for me. Otherwise, I loved it. The voice of her character is very strong and prominent.
Shannon
Cute book! Sometimes I enjoy a fun, simple book that doesn't make me think too hard and this definitely fits the bill. It was very entertaining, I would definitely read more by this author.
It was a quick read, very beach-friendly, typical chick-lit. I enjoyed it for the most part.
Melissa
2.5 stars--Ok chick lit, woman getting divorced from a rock star.
Maryann
Lily was married to a rock star, until he cheated on her. She kicked him, he filed assault charges, so she flew to London to see an old boyfriend. And things get crazy.

This is not a novel of substance- it's just mind candy. It's like watching an old 80's movie on a rainy day. It wasn't bad, but it doesn't leave any real lasting impression, either.

Food: county fair cotton candy. Nothing innovative, just sugar that melts as soon as it hits your lips. Sweet and insubstantial and something only to b
Jessica Aldridge
MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK!!!
Sara
I really try to only give 5 stars out when the book is incredible, but I'll be damned if I didn't want to give 5 to this one! It's not that the book was amazing, but it just completely hit the spot in terms of a nice, light, fun read that didn't mentally tax me. Exactly what I was looking for - plus hard to put down! Really enjoyable read and great to follow up and find out what happened with Lauren and Nick, too. Definitely recommend for some light reading.
Sandhya
I enjoyed this book but little bit less than Lauren's. Lily was a spunky character...but not a perfect one wit lot of flaws. And I liked how she finds her perfect mate in...not going to say..u hv to read it urself! I felt it was a very lengthy one...n few places got irritated with Lily especially when she was talking trash about her sister. Otherwise a good read for me.
chambejd / Joy
I don't think I've met a chick-lit character that was as annoying as Lily. She is so self-absorbed and shallow, not to mention a bad pet owner! During the first 100 pages or so I wanted to just stop reading the book - and that says a lot because I hate to stop reading a book after I start. Luckily, the book did get better, however the title is still appropriate regarding my reading status of the book.
Marcy
The author made me chuckle a few times, literally LOL once, and made me mentally "awww...." a time or two. A good, light read to escape from motherhood for a couple hours out of the day, but the story was pretty slow. Would rather there been a greater focus on her final love interest instead of her ongoing hatred for her ex-husband that consumed 97% of the book.
This was silly, but totally entertaining. I like how she intertwined current events with her history with her soon to be ex. It wasn't just chronological, which would have been boring, but like mini episodes of the demise of her marriage sprinkled between her trials and tribulations now. Anyway, it was funny and fun and totally kept my attention throughout.
Katelyn
I enjoyed some of the characters like Ian, Carter, and Arnold and I could have lost the first few pages of the book. Lily is so self centered it can get annoying, which is something I feared after the previous book. I am glad though that the author didn't change Lily's character from the previous novel just to make her a more appealing person.
Angie
Pretty good - not quite as good as the first, but I haven't met a sequel yet that has exceeded its predecessor. Definitely funny, while also thought-provoking. Perhaps I read this at the right time in my life - it was uplifting for me, and helped me refocus the view I held of a few of my own former relationships.
Vicki
This book was adorable! I loved the characters and I laughed all the way through. I keep finding books with a lot of humor, and one that deals with cheating, marriage gone bad, divorce and can still keep me laughing is a good deal!

I will definitely be reading more of Lockwood's books!
Liz
Loved this book! A definate must read, it had me laughing at the lily's attitude
And the fact that she really is a bad person that you cant help but love
Carter and his low pain threshold was funny and frustrating but still loveable
I give it a 5.5
Angela
Read this for my Chick Lit book club. It's the sequel sorta to "I Do (But I Don't)" and I liked it better. It's an entertaining read and I found it to be more funny than the first book. And again, parts of it take place in London, which I always enjoy.
  • Fashionably Late
  • On the Couch
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • The Scent of Scandal
  • Love @ First Site
  • Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be
  • Happiness Sold Separately
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink)
  • Pushing 30
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Emily's Reasons Why Not: A Novel
  • The Men I Didn't Marry
  • Sleeping with Beauty (Glass Slipper, Inc., #3)
  • Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3)
  • Younger
  • Roommates
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • Make Him Look Good
I grew up in Mesquite, Texas, which for those of you who like livestock shows, is the home of the Mesquite Rodeo. Ironically, Mesquite was named after Mesquite trees, only none of them now exist in the city, which is about fifteen minutes east of Dallas. No, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots, although I do own quite an impressive collection of black shoes. My Dad is a third-generation Japanese-Am ...more
More about Cara Lockwood...
I Do -- But I Don't Wuthering High (Bard Academy, #1) Pink Slip Party Dixieland Sushi The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)