Start by marking “Rules of Engagement” as Want to Read:
Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement (Featherton Sisters #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  12 reviews
We, the undersigned, confined to spinsterhood through no fault of our own, hereby declare to guide our beloved niece Eliza Merriweather through the upcoming season and secure for her one, if not several, offers of marriage. We vow to consult the magnificent handbook Rules Of Engagement and follow its advice to the letter.

Our mission will be difficult, for Eliza is a very i
Published November 15th 2008 by Forever Yours (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Rules of Engagement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of Engagement

seton
Apr 10, 2009 seton rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: braindead people who want extra light wallpaper historicals (NTTIAWWT)
You know when someone has a good joke and doesn't expand upon it and just tries to stretch this same joke as long as they can til it stopped being funny, oh about twenty minuted ago? Well, that's Rules of Engagement by Kathryn Caskie in a nutshell. In this specific instance, playing on the saying "All's fair in love and war." Caskie takes the cute idea of using a military text as a how-to manual for getting engaged and stretches it, stretches it . . . wait for it . . . and stretches it some more ...more
Judi Lacanlale
I see now why this book won Ms. Caskie a RITA award for her debut novel! I loved the love story of headstrong Eliza & great hulking & romantic to boot, Magnus! Delicious love scenes and heart stopping declaration of love will make you not put this book down til you finish!
ChloeLeeNH
Aug 13, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
I really enjoyed this light hearted romance. I actually didn't mind all the mixups and misunderstandings that can get a bit old after a while. I loved the h/h and were glad when the heroine stopped fighting fate and the hero never wavered from what he wanted. Very cute.
Edith Morrison
I had the great pleasure of reviewing this book for the author through Romance Reviews Today. It was such a pleasurable read and so funny. It was an honor to review this amazing author's debut novel. I have read this book numerous times and always find it funny.
Anja
Well, I don't read historicals anymore simply because at one point it pissed me off that woman were held to different rules than men. But for some reason I was in the mood to dive back into this genre and just grabbed this book.

Surprisingly it got me hooked. I was drawn into the story and couldn't stop reading, because I really liked the bickering and dancing around that Magnus and Eliza did. I always like men in historicals who doesn't quite fit in and I always like woman who don't care much a
Kyraryker
Mmkay, right of the bat I have a problem. I wasn't aware any self-respecting Scotsman said "Dash it all".
The "rules" before every chapter are cute and funny but it seems to be taking me a long time to get into this book.
Oh how I really wanted to get into this book but I just couldn't. There just was no story here.
Annoying how Magnus says "ye" every time, just once say "you" Please! I know, I know, he is Scottish but saying "ye, verra, canna," seem to be the only time he resembles a Scottish man.
Thenia
Very drawn out and overly dramatic.

The premise was interesting, applying war strategies into romance, and it had its moments but for me the story missed the mark. Most of its characters are shallow and two-dimensional, a couple are downright unlikable and the descriptions of some scenes didn't make much sense or weren't very well executed.

It took me a long while to get through and I'm usually a pretty fast reader and if I read another of the author's books (this was my first one) it will not be
Olivia
Everyone said how funny this book was, but I didn't think so. The premise and the scenes were just dumb.
Bindzus
The Aunts are funny, but the main characters didn't catch my attention.
Pablina
Pablina is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Marina Sirotkina
Marina Sirotkina marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Solange Lawrence
Solange Lawrence marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Ceci Long
Ceci Long marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Kristie
Kristie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
The Reader of the Tower
The Reader of the Tower marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Sarah added it
Sep 24, 2014
  • His Scandal (His Trilogy, #2)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • After the Kiss
  • From London With Love (Lady Spies, #1)
  • Once a Rake
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lord Rival, #2)
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • Her Patchwork Family (Gabriel Sisters, #2)
  • To Pleasure A Lady (Courtship Wars #1)
  • To Love a Princess (The Kazanovs, #2)
  • Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • Royal Bride
  • The Seduction of a Duke (Chambers Trilogy, #2)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...
To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1) The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3) The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2