Pirate Booty

Pirate Booty

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Armed with a royal commission, former Royal Naval officer Captain Blain Stillwater undertakes a new adventure as a privateer in the Caribbean, charged with combating pirates and the Spanish. But while the commission includes a ship-it doesn't include a crew. A search of London's Newgate prison provides Stillwater his crew, but not his officers or a cook. Luckily he discove...more
Published November 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

Michael
I enjoyed this book. It's a short story wrapped around erotica...friction fiction. I would have loved to have the story developed more because the premise has a good foundation. When I finished I really wanted it to continue, I wanted to spend more time with these seamen.

The characters aren't really fully developed but on the surface they are likeable. The sex scenes are detailed and skillfully written. Mr. Simpson does a good job creating this world and putting you in the era.

On an average 5 st...more
Matthew
Very short, simple story. The characters had no depth, no development, often seemed to behave in radically different ways with no good explanation. Reading was a waste of an hour. The sex scenes were rarely interesting. The world was more developed than anything else, but it wasn't really an educational story about early privateers. No one seemed to express any emotion... everything was told to the reader very simply and directly.
Erastes
First off, this is a romp. It is not going for historical accuracy. This is clear from the first couple of pages–more anachronisms than the whole of Braveheart. If you can get past that and are eager to get to the piratey goodness then that’s fine.

Blain sets off with a crew all set to plunder and as in the best of piratey fantasies, all the men (except one) is OK about men loving men. This will lead to a contented crew, apparently–and one handed contended readers, I’m sure!

The sex scenes are par...more
Samantha rozyczko
It was otay. I think I just couldn't get with the historical pirates thing. I think if it was present day pirates I would have been otay with it. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't for me.
Betryal
The wild roguishness of pirates is always one of my favs. This story is short and sweet and I'd like to have seen where it goes from the ending on.
Cecilia Rodriguez
More like 2 and a half stars.
Lily
James
James added it
May 23, 2014
Karleebeth Perkins
Karleebeth Perkins marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
C.Line
C.Line added it
Mar 28, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Jessi
Jessi added it
Sep 24, 2013
Beck
Beck added it
Jul 12, 2013
Heather  Skye
Heather Skye marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Davina
Davina added it
Feb 16, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
FlibBityFLooB
FlibBityFLooB marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Carrie Dettmer
Carrie Dettmer marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
John Simpson, a Vietnam-era Veteran, has been a uniformed Police Officer of the Year, a federal agent, a federal magistrate, and an armed bodyguard to royalty and a senior government executive. He earned awards from the Vice President of the United States and the Secretary of the Treasury. John has written articles for various gay and straight magazines. John lives with his partner of 35 years and...more
More about John Simpson...
Condor One (Condor, #1) Murder Most Gay (Murder Most Gay, #1) Talons of the Condor (Condor, #2) Condor and Falcon (Condor, #3) Task Force (Murder Most Gay, #2)