Start by marking “Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls” as Want to Read:
Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The first candid report from a land of fragile egos, available women, unexpected tenderness, intramural fistfights, colossal partying, bizarre humor, inconceivable riches, and desperate competition, LooseBalls does for roundball what Ball Four did for hardball. From revelations about the meanest, softest, and smelliest players in the league, to Williams's early days as a"y ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Broadway Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

J
He's a bit of an Arse. Cheats in school, throws people under the Bus.

Book had me bursting out laughing. It also made me shake my head at some of his stories, it read fast
Miguel A. Castillo Jr
I loved it... I met Jayson in prison. And one of the first things he said to me was, "Do you read, would you like to read my book?" And I told him, "Man, you aint write no book..." And he countered, "Sure I did it's called LOOSE BALLS..." And he pulled it out his back pocket like a commercial.

It's a funny, personal, and moving page-turner. READ IT!
Rebecca
This was a fun memoir for anyone who's at all interested in the NBA. Reading about what a hard-working and generous person Jayson Williams is (or was) makes it all the more heartbreaking to see the mess he's turned his life into since his retirement.
Ivannah
Jan 25, 2008 Ivannah rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Ivannah by: self
I actually liked, and admired Jayson Williams before I read this book - um...after the book - not so much. He's got a hugely inflated ego, and a very high opinion of himself. Garbage, drivel - please don't waste your time.
Jeramey
Depressing to read this now knowing how far he has fallen, hopefully he can get it together again.

Similar to Tim Donaghy's book, it feels like a sizable portion of this is either made up or quite exaggerated.
Lexi
This wasn't a cohesive book so much as a collection of semi-related anecdotes. Some were very interesting or funny or touching, others were not. It's sad reading this now and knowing how his life has turned out.
Tony
I love basketball, and its great to hear firsthand knowledge of what goes on on and off the court. Amusing stories, but really, if you're not a sports fan. Don't worry about this book.
Mike
Ironically I read this book not too long before the shooting incident at his home. In his book he discussed the the guns used in the incident.
Christina
The writing is not always perfect, but there are a lot of laughs in this book and it is easy to read.
Jose
funny, but then my opinion changed after he shot his chaffeur.
Brad
Funniest book ever.
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Jaisleen
Jaisleen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Reinis
Reinis marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Cristian Varela
Cristian Varela is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Loose Balls Humbled Letters from Prison Humbles~Letters From Prison Humbled ~ Letters From Prison Crashing: A Memoir