Start by marking “Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls” as Want to Read:
Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

The first candid report from a land of fragile egos, available women, unexpected tenderness, intramural fistfights, colossal partying, bizarre humor, inconceivable riches, and desperate competition, LooseBalls does for roundball what Ball Four did for hardball. From revelations about the meanest, softest, and smelliest players in the league, to Williams's early days as a"y ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Broadway Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loose Balls Loose Balls Loose Balls

Estelle
Mar 16, 2017 Estelle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Jason Athay
Feb 14, 2016 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a strange concept! Chapters are organized around smaller headers with a few paragraphs each, rather like notes on index cards for a speech. It makes the reading very jumbled. He starts off funny and insightful, like a fun cocktail party guest, but as we go on, the stories get slightly darker, with red flags appearing around violence and his temper. His career appears to run into some dead ends and his initial promise ultimately peters out. I would have liked to see more of his father's view ...more
Miguel A. Castillo Jr
I loved it... I met Jayson in prison. And one of the first things he said to me was, "Do you read, would you like to read my book?" And I told him, "Man, you aint write no book..." And he countered, "Sure I did it's called LOOSE BALLS..." And he pulled it out his back pocket like a commercial.

It's a funny, personal, and moving page-turner. READ IT!
Gregpantell
Funny anecdotes and name-dropping as you would expect from a celebrity autobiography. A worthwhile read for NBA fanatics, this light read is actually valuable as an artifact in the Jayson Williams saga. How honest are celebrity autobiographies? Either way Williams does address some of his anger issues in the book, which was written at least a year before his murder trial.
Ivannah
Aug 23, 2007 Ivannah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Ivannah by: self
I actually liked, and admired Jayson Williams before I read this book - um...after the book - not so much. He's got a hugely inflated ego, and a very high opinion of himself. Garbage, drivel - please don't waste your time.
Rebecca
This was a fun memoir for anyone who's at all interested in the NBA. Reading about what a hard-working and generous person Jayson Williams is (or was) makes it all the more heartbreaking to see the mess he's turned his life into since his retirement.
Jeramey
Jan 08, 2012 Jeramey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
Depressing to read this now knowing how far he has fallen, hopefully he can get it together again.

Similar to Tim Donaghy's book, it feels like a sizable portion of this is either made up or quite exaggerated.
Lexi
Aug 06, 2009 Lexi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, non-fiction
This wasn't a cohesive book so much as a collection of semi-related anecdotes. Some were very interesting or funny or touching, others were not. It's sad reading this now and knowing how his life has turned out.
Dale
Jul 21, 2015 Dale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious. If you followed the NBA during the 90's, you have to read this one. Lots of observations about his teammates and opponents.
Tony
Dec 15, 2008 Tony rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love basketball, and its great to hear firsthand knowledge of what goes on on and off the court. Amusing stories, but really, if you're not a sports fan. Don't worry about this book.
Mike
Jun 30, 2008 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ironically I read this book not too long before the shooting incident at his home. In his book he discussed the the guns used in the incident.
Christina
Aug 06, 2008 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing is not always perfect, but there are a lot of laughs in this book and it is easy to read.
J
Mar 28, 2015 J rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
He's a bit of an Arse. Cheats in school, throws people under the Bus.

Book had me bursting out laughing. It also made me shake my head at some of his stories, it read fast
Jose
May 21, 2008 Jose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny, but then my opinion changed after he shot his chaffeur.
Jim Abeles
Jim Abeles rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Alton
Alton rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2010
John
John rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2017
John
John rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Farheen
Farheen rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2016
Muneer Uddin
Muneer Uddin rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2007
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Chris Griffes
Chris Griffes rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Zolibros
Zolibros rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Joseph Hernandez
Joseph Hernandez rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2010