Start by marking “The Twelve Lies of Christmas (Sophie Green Mystery, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Lies of Christmas (Sophie Green Mystery, #0.5)

The Twelve Lies of Christmas (Sophie Green Mystery 0.5)

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  18 reviews
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love lied to me.

Nate Kelly is a spy. At least, he is until Christmas, when he's retiring to take up something more peaceful, like alligator wrestling or bomb disposal. Because while he's tired of being shot at, he's also not sure he really wants to live the life of a civilian. First, of course, he has to finish his current case, com...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Lies of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Lies of Christmas

Karen Syed
I am glad I read the first book in the series before I discovered this. This short story is good for what it is. I found it to be entertaining and lighthearted, but not as satisfying as the novels.

Ms. Johnson tells a much stronger story when she has the word count to flesh out the characters. However, it was a nice introduction and I was not too disappointed in it.
I was disappointed because what this book really was was the final chapters of a much longer, much more detailed spy novel. But this was just like, okay, we found the bad guy, now let's arrest him. Oh, and let's fall madly in love with the con artist who's conning him. The end. I just think it could have been so much MORE.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Good thing I did not pay for this!!!!! I would be angry. Bottom line- cheesy novel about a spy on the last day of his assignment. Spy meets con artist.... they get the bad guy have sex and go off into the friendly skies. YICK- oh double YICK!!!!!!
Theresa
was not happy with the way this ended and where the 12 lies really are/were... reading the 1st in the series now I, Spy and that is truly funny in a British sort of way!!! (after all it is a British novel).
Paula Oliver
so I started this not proving to be a good book kind of lame in my opinion don't know that I will finish it. It's about a spy who is retiring, not exactly my forte.
Sabrina
2.5 stars. Much too short to really get to know the characters. It would have been better if fleshed out into a full length novel.
Kimberly
This would have been great if it was just a short prologue to the first book in the series instead of being its own book.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Twas alright. A spy's last mission and he meets the girl of his dreams. The get the bad guys and ride off into the sunset.
Chris
Free Kindle book, short, characters not well developed, about a spy who wants to go home and settle down.
Meredith Kaupp
A short story preview to the Sophie Green series. It's okay, I'm not a huge short story fan.
Brandi Hammer
This is a prequel to the Sophie Green mysteries. Kind of short, but a fun read.
Tanya
Really short, kind of interesting to see the before-hand on Sophie
Lisa
It was just okay. Quick easy read, not much a of a prequel.
Mysterygal3
So So book, the series isnt bad.
Jacqueline Coleman
Good Christmas spy story.
glitrbug
Feb 16, 2010 glitrbug marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Kindle,free
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Carla Calloway
Carla Calloway marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Kate Johnson lives in rural Essex where she belongs to a pride of cats and puts up with a demon puppy. She did actually do most of her homework, but quickly so as to have more time to stare out of the window thinking about heroes. Stay in school, kids. Kate has done a variety of not-particularly great jobs, ranging from airport check-in to lab assistant, but much prefers writing for a living. For...more
More about Kate Johnson...
I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mystery, #1) Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery #2) "A" is for Apple (Sophie Green Mystery #3) Still Waters (Sophie Green Mystery #4) The UnTied Kingdom