Start by marking “Spyder Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spyder Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #1)

Spyder Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Spyder moves silently and stealthily on an invisible, globe-spanning web of computer networks, gathering, sifting, and sending out the most sensitive data. A tiny programmable device, Spyder can pry open the most heavily guarded computer networks in the world and do the work of hundreds of field agents and teams of elite computer hackers. Now the battle to control this ...more
Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 1st 1999 by Hachette Audio (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Spyder Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spyder Web

Stephen
Tom Grace called the Rush Limbaugh show yesterday and questioned whether he should try to get a job as an architect again, because doing so might help President Obama's unemployment numbers in some minuscule way...and he did not want to do that.

Think about the petty little partisan shithead mind that came up with that thought for a moment before you even contemplate purchasing one of his books and supporting such a dickwad.

First of all, um, no, Mr. Grace, you would not be helping Obama's emplo
Jill Manske
How can you have a really good plot and still end up with a mediocre book? Have Tom Grace write it. Industrial espionage in the digital age is a fascinating theme and had a great deal of promise. Unfortunately, one-dimensional characters and formal, stilted dialog, along with a meandering storyline and tedious detail spelled its demise. Detail? Make that excruciating detail. Unless you're a Bill Gates wannabe, it's way too much. And then in other areas, maybe to be perverse, Grace treats readers ...more
Balthazar Lawson
There were a lot of confusing aspects to this book especially when it came to describing all the computer action. It attempted to be too detailed and was, therefore, confusing and in the end added nothing to the story. Cutting a lot of this out would have made it a more interesting read instead of the long drawn out experience it was. The ending was rather dumb and more like the ending of a weekly TV show than of a novel.
M.R.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this. I'm a hard case when it comes to spy-fi: all too often, the characters are cardboard and the dialog stinks. Not so here. This guy wirtes dialogue WAY better than the likes of Tom Clancy (thank heavens for that). Moreover, his IT geeks were completely credible characters (I've known many, and they're too often stereotyped). Plus, I'm from Chicago, and I know Michigan pretty well from years of trips to Union Pier, Benton Harbor and Ann Arbor. Not only was I ...more
Mark
Peter
A damn good read, I liked it a lot. Very much like Clive Clusser. I cant wait for his next book.
Veselin Topchiev
Well, it was not amazing read to give it 5, but well worth 4 stars.
Enjoyed it and will continue the series.
Elizabeth Clark
It's not clear why Nolan ended up in London, but otherwise the book is interesting and reminds me of Clive Cussler and Tom Clancy.
Joe White
The technology dated to between 88-'95. The author as a writer either didn't have the depth of OS knowledge and application programming that he needed, or purposely obscured and dumb-ed down details for readers with less knowledge.

The author approached the characters and sex as if he were writing for high school level boys.

The espionage portions of the story were quite good, except for the ending being too dramatic.
Jeff Dickison
Fair computer-espionage book, was first by Grace. This is the second computer-espionage book I have read this week and I think I'm done with this genre for a while. Besides, my computer guru is my wife. She's not as good as the guys in this book, but then she's not a mastermind criminal nor a goverment agent. Anyway, I recommend the book to anyone interested in the computer-espionage genre.
Mark
The first half of the book sets up the second half of the book - which is a good thing. But I need to warn you that the first half of the book is slow.

I like what the author does with his main characters... but at times this reads like a movie script treatment more than a stand-alone novel.

Yes, I'm aware it's the first book in a series - I'm curious to see where he goes from here.
Margo Brooks
This is a thriller with little thrill. It is hard to feel the fear in computer espionage when all the action comes from a curser on a computer screen. Then there was all the description of that curser. The steaks weren't high enough for the main characters and the descriptions too mundane to make me want to read another of these spy novels.
Ralph McEwen
The book is well put together the font and whiteness of the pages made this a easy book to read. The story line and characters actions did not require that you suspend disbelief. The interactions of the characters was realistic. I am looking forward to reading more of this authors works.
George Ladds
If you want a good crime writer then look no further, this is a great introduction to the series. coming out of the navy seals nolan k goes to work at a high tec firm run by his dad. quickly he is sucked into a world of espionage. twists and turns a fast moving crime book.
Benita
Good read. Nothing mindblowing, but if you like a spy story, this is good entertainment. Tom Grace also has a very relaxed writing style and it is easy to get into the story. His main characters were also very likeable
Good spy-book. It's really fun b/c the author sets his characters from University of MI. The female was a UM swimmer! It's fun to read something with reference points that you have actually seen/been/experienced.
Ron Holmes
This is the first book by Tom Grace and the first one of his I have read. It is very interesting, almost believable, lots of twists and turns. Alas, not really any intimate relationships. It was a good first book.
Charlotte
I didn't like all the detail about the technical aspects; the blurb was far more focused on the action parts. In reality, this took up maybe 30% of the book, with the rest being filled with jargon.
Chris
Unfortunately you need a degree in computer science to get what's really going on and it leaves you a bit bored and thinking if you've picked up a textbook.
Troyka
cool book this guy writes such easy to read books, they do tend to just end abruptly though. still an enjoyable read whil drinking cofee in my face cafe.
Adrian Wills
Couldn't get on with this one. Had to give up after just a few chapters
Kelly Higgins
Kelly Higgins marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 13, 2014
Tonya Gear
Tonya Gear marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rich Giblin
Rich Giblin marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Society of the Mind
  • Day of Reckoning
  • The Scorpion's Gate
  • Brandenburg
  • Bo: Life, Laughs, and Lessons of a College Football Legend
  • Days of Drums
  • The Hijack (Stratton, #2)
  • The Orpheus Deception (Agent Micah Dalton, #2)
  • Games of the Hangman
  • Nanowhere
  • Deep Sound Channel (Jeffrey Fuller, #1)
  • The Grey Man
  • The Queen's Gambit
  • Etruscans
  • Blindfold Game
  • Murphy's Law
  • Albatross: The True Story of a Woman's Survival at Sea
  • Free Fall (Mark Beamon, #3)
Tom Grace is the bestselling author of the Nolan Kilkenny series of adventure novels, and an architect in private practice. The Kilkenny novels feature Graces signature character, an ex-Navy Seal with strong ties to the Catholic Church.

In constructing his novels, Grace draws upon his intensely detail-oriented skills honed in the practice of architecture, in which he designs projects ranging from
More about Tom Grace...
The Secret Cardinal (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #5) Quantum Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #2) Twisted Web (Nolan Kilkenny, #3) Bird Of Prey (Nolan Kilkenny, #4) The Liberty Intrigue