Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy (Harlequin Presents , #2879)

Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy (Harlequin Presents , #2879)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When Zarios D'Amilo meets Emma Hayes again, she is no longer the awkward teenager who tried to kiss him, but a beautiful, confident woman. Now he wants her!
To claim his inheritance, this untamed tycoon must curb his wild ways. He needs a convenient fiancee, and Emma needs a million dollars. So Zarios seizes his opportunity--he will have her! But passion soon leads to preg...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin

karen
Nov 24, 2009 karen marked it as romance-covers-i-have-loved
truly one of the most romantic titles i have ever come across. nothing says true love like a sales receipt.

"now he wants her!"
willaful
A bare bones plot outline -- Italian playboy tycoon, sacrificing sister with abusive gambler brother, fake engagement, complicated pregnancy issues -- coupled with that title, and really, what can one say about that title, make this romance sound so generic that the cover should be nothing but black letters on a white background. Yet I found it to have an unexpectedly different feel to it, one I liked very much.

Zarios, despite seeming straight out of the Harlequin Presents hero stereotype manua...more
Tia
Hero and heroine had met, the heroine had a crush on him. Eventually they hooked up at the heroines fathers birthday party and she got pregnant. The next day her parents died and she found out the hero was back with his ex. When her brother got into money problems due to his gambling she went to the hero for help and he'd help her if she would pretend to be fake engaged to him. The heroines brother caused more problems, so the hero didn't believe her about being pregnant and the money her brothe...more
Paula Legate
This book had so much going on. It was an emotional roller coaster. I do wish Zarious, and Emma talked and believed each other throughout the story. It would have prevented a lot of hurt. I’m glad that they worked it all out in the end. My reviews are normally long, but with this book, I don’t want to spoil it with spoilers. This is a book you just need to read for yourself.
Susanna Carr
Emma needs a lot of money for her brother. Right then a reader might think she’s read this kind of story before, but Emma wrestles with family dynamics and tragedy to become a stronger woman. At first Zarios seems like her most difficult challenge, and even her most powerful enemy. In the end, Zarios prove to be perfect hero material!
Shallowreader VaVeros
This book started in an unexpected way - the main character laughing and joking with her mother. In most category roms relationships with parents are either tense and fraught or the parents perished in an avalanche. The first part of the book - the birthday party was light, enjoyable and the comraderie between the male & female protagonists was sharp and fun but the second half of the book twists into trite cliches and dark brooding. The gambling brother, threats of violence and consequences...more
Xondra Day
Aug 27, 2013 Xondra Day rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Soap opera lovers.
First of all I disliked Zarios. I couldn't see what Emma saw in him other than his good looks. He was an arrogant, hateful, petty, childish arsehole. Emma was far too good for him, and why she remotely wanted to be with him is beyond me. She came across as a bit of a doormat that wasn't necessary even given her life circumstance.

The story moved along quickly. And all in all this was a typical HQ Presents that did not stand out a lot. I rated it three stars because even with Zarios being so nasty...more
Eileen
Aug 10, 2010 Eileen rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one.
I received this book as a present (a joke present) and read not even half of it before shutting it forever. It became so intolerably bad that it was no longer even mockable; only painfully predictable and infinitely torturous. This book deserves zeros stars but, as that is not an option, I was forced to give it one. (That is far, far more than it deserves.)
Kelly
I thought the author did a good job writing it, I liked her choice of words and she didn't use the same sentences, phrases, words more than once. However, the story itself was just ok to me. There was something lacking though I can't put my finger on it. It's still one of the better Harlequin books I've read though and a quick read.
Has
My attempt to read a Harlequin Presents book wasn't that good. Very meh with characters who was too stupid to live and too much going on in the plot. Title is only good thing and definitely did not live up to its name.
Abbie
So the name is completely ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed this book. The best romance novel I've read in a while. Good pick, Clint!! haha.
Nancy

Good read, a little drawn out at the end. I liked that you got a bit of both POV.
Ree
Had a good story line, and a great ending.
Cabbage
Cabbage marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Nina
Nina added it
Jun 24, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Valerie Sison
Valerie Sison marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Greta
Greta marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte...more
More about Carol Marinelli...
One Tiny Miracle Emergency: Wife Lost and Found Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)