Start by marking “His Redeeming Bride (Nebraska Historicals, #8)” as Want to Read:
His Redeeming Bride (Nebraska Historicals, #8)

His Redeeming Bride (Nebraska Historicals)

Ready to give birth, Sarah Donner ends up newly widowed. She has to rely on the aid of the one man others had warned her about: Neil Craftsman. She knows of his tarnished past, and no respectable woman will go near him. But as she gets to know Neil, she learns that there is more to him than meets the eye. But when his past comes back to haunt him, will her newfound love be ...more
Published (first published August 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about His Redeeming Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Redeeming Bride

Shawna Williams
Mar 10, 2010 Shawna Williams rated it really liked it
Ruth Ann Nordin is brave. There aren't many Christian authors who are willing to write about marital sex with such candor and boldness -- unless it's nonfiction. And even then...hmm? With that in mind, I can see how her books would be difficult for some to read. But I also think her writing addresses a lot of the sexual issues pertaining to married women that maybe we shouldn't be so shy about. Whatever your feelings on the matter, Ruth Ann definitely gives the reader something to think about; a ...more
Judy Lavik
Jul 20, 2014 Judy Lavik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in an addictive series!

Another great story in an addictive series!

We've seen Neil Craftsman throughout this series, and he never seemed like hero material until now; but, after this book there can be no doubt that he IS heroic and that a leopard can change his spots, given the right incentive.

I spent so much time crying over emotional moments in the book (your mileage may vary, I am a major crybaby,) that I'm left with a major headache, but the book was worth it.

In this story
Karen
Dec 30, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A young widow & newborn refused by her parish found a safe haven with a man with a checkered past & his daughter. Hiding from crazy MIL & dictatorial paster the two adults find rumours & first impressions are wrong & form a friendship & adore each other's child.

I like that in Neil's home male/female roles are blurred & respect for women is paramount. Also the contrast of the two preachers one teaches by guilt, shame, humiliation, man's word law, women brainless twits,
Judy
Dec 13, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
Book 8: His Redeeming Bride
Neil Craftman's story is my favorite. He had married Cassie seven years ago after turning Mary away at the train station. Cassie was beautiful but ugly inside. Neil saw his error in not choosing Mary. Cassie wanted a divorce so she could marry a rich man but she left Emily, their little girl with Neil. She had never had the motherly instincts. Neil was known around town for visiting the saloons and soiled doves. The "holy" people stayed clear of him.
Sarah Donner is in
Darla
Dec 11, 2013 Darla rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, it was about second chances and taking advantage of those, even when you aren't sure you want or deserve them. I liked Neil, I remember his character from Eye of the Beholder and he's grown immensely since that book. He was responsible for his land and cattle, he worked hard, and he stayed out of the whorehouses!! I didn't like Sarah at first because of her overly judgmental attitude towards Neil, but I warmed up to her once she got over her "I am better than you and yo ...more
Amanda Lane
Aug 17, 2014 Amanda Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great work by Ruth. This story is a beautiful story that portrays what it's like to have lived a life most find questionable and wrong and then turned around and began to live a straight life. The way people look at your is hard to change when you've had such a past. In this book not only do you get a look at what it's like to be that person but what it's like to finally meet someone who will finally see you for who you are regardless of how you were thrown together and with that, even w ...more
Debbie Johnson
Mar 01, 2016 Debbie Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Good read I could do without the sex parts but that's just me. It didn't connect with the other books in the series as much as the books before. I enjoyed the way they had meshed up until this one. However it was still a good book. I saw that I still had 25% of the book to read. I was wondering how they could stretch it out to cover that. But it has an interesting twist.
Pamela Fernandes
Sep 21, 2015 Pamela Fernandes rated it liked it
The premise of this book was really different when Sarah loses her husband on Neil Crafstman's farm. Having nowhere to go she is forced to live with Neil. This book exposes some of the small town fallacies and the societal pressures of the times. Its a great love story. The little Emily and Luke are just two wonderful additions to the story. Its a different but nice love story.
Gretchen Fatouros
May 03, 2014 Gretchen Fatouros rated it it was amazing
The guy you love to hate and yet don't really. Only for Mary's sake anyway... Really enjoyed this one and nice to see a family for both dad & daughter...

This is the best order to read these in (per Ruth Ann Nordin's website 05/14):

1 - Her Heart’s Desire (Nebraska Book 1) – Sally Larson’s romance
2 - A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Book 2) – Tom Larson’s romance
3 - A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Book 3) – Joseph Conneally’s romance
4- Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Book 4) – Dave Larson and Mary’s f
Pam
Jan 27, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Neil Craftsman turns down his first mail order bride and doesn't make the same mistake in his second letter when he specifies she must be pretty. Pretty doesn't describe his new bride, she is beautiful. But her beauty is only skin deep and she runs away and eventually asks for a divorce leaving him with her child. Neil helps Sarah and her son and hires her to help him with Emily and his house. Little does he know that circumstances will lead to marriage. Will it work?
Paula Freda
Sep 28, 2010 Paula Freda rated it it was amazing
Yet Another Beautiful Story that takes an unlikeable character from "Eye of the Beholder" and shows how love has transformed a cad into a hero. Dave and Mary Larson are also brought back and play an important part in this story. "His Redeeming Bride" will have you rooting outloud for the transformed Neil Craftsman, his daughter Emily and for Sarah Donner who has never known sincere love. I can't seem to get enough of Ruth Ann Nordin's works. She writes so simply and so beautifully that I'm hooke ...more
Contessa
Nov 26, 2011 Contessa rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I was a harsh critic of the first two books with the Larson family. I detested Neil in the beginning of the Eye of the Beholder. This book changed my mind about Neil as much as it did my mind about Nordin's books. I have become a Nordin addict! I have about 30 kindle books to read but I keep searching JUST SPECIFICALLY for her historical romance books! I love Sarah and Neil's story. It is truly captivating. The only problem I have is the dialogue of Emily. I do know some 8-year-ol ...more
Assenette
Mar 02, 2016 Assenette rated it really liked it
I really like Sarah and Neil's story. The only thing that had me rolling my was the end where Sarah dressed like a and beard and all and "fooled everyone"
melanie charsley
Lovley

Really really enjoyed this story from start to finish one of the best in this serious read quickly a easy five stars
Jody
Sep 28, 2012 Jody rated it really liked it
This is the continuation of Neil's story and it opens with him giving Cassie a divorce. And I have to say it is about time and Cassie has not changed one bit. She will not even tell Emily good-bye. This is also the story of Sarah and Neil's past plays a very important part even from the beginning. Was not looking forward to his story but this book ended up being my second favorite (so far!!!)
Cassie is a &@*$^!!!!!!! Oh and so is Sarah's mother-in-law, but at least she comes around. And I was
Lizzie b
I want to know
Shelley Chastagner
Dec 14, 2014 Shelley Chastagner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
Enjoyable follow up to "Eye of the Beholder" by Nordin. Bad marriages in the case of the two main characters lead to the redemption of both when they take a chance on one another. Seeing beyond what they have had to endure from their previous spouses to the person that they are faced with now. Letting go of the past and opening up to a second chance makes this truely one of my favorites by Ruth Nordin. The intimate adult situations make this book for adults only.
Sandra
Great book, I liked this H/H but incredibly frustrating and annoying 2ndry characters, I nearly skipped over those parts.

Redemption is a great theme for a book. I didn't read the earlier book which Neil was a part of and kinda glad I didn't. I may not have liked him as much. I will read it eventually, since I liked reading about the Larsons in this book.

Heat factor:
low/mild. sweet/loving
Charm
Apr 01, 2012 Charm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book..it was one of the cheapest books i have brought and one of the best i have read..i thought it was a lovely story well written, little bit of naughty..great story line and when i thought it was all over there was more to read...i did not realise there was a book before it with Neil in it but it didnt matter with reading this story...loved it...
Mary David
Aug 05, 2016 Mary David rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
not bad for a person that believes in falling in love
Ana
Mar 24, 2016 Ana rated it did not like it
Style of writing is preachy...definitely not for me.
Erin
Jun 11, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
This one was every bit as good as Loving Eliza. There are a few more modern phrases used throughout the book, but it wasn't enough to bother me. I was too interested in the story to worry about what a more common phrase might have been in the 1880s. She spins a fantastic story, and those things just weren't worth worrying about.
Dora Okeyo
Feb 27, 2012 Dora Okeyo rated it really liked it
The story starts off well, and you can't help but pity Sarah, because of how cold and unresponsive Jim is. But when she meets Neil, and after being rude to him, learns that she has nowhere to go but stay there-on his land, his property, you see a new side of both Neil and Sarah.
Tumpale
this was the best one of her novels that i've read so far. we previously met the hero in another book and he was a horrid man. eight years later and he's almost unrecognizable. i couldn't believe that i was teary-eyed at the climax and denouement. good effort. good read.
Ogz
May 15, 2012 Ogz rated it it was amazing
It was an engaging story and quite a bold one for the writer. Although some may find it uneasy to settle in, I think I understood the concept put together. It is a good read and really cheap - on kindle, I know. I'm definitely reading more of her stories.
Terree
Nov 12, 2011 Terree rated it liked it
I liked it, I was glad that Neil finally got his girl. It was a nice little quick read. It didn't have near as much current slang as the previous books in this series, and I was very thankful for that.
WifeMomKnitter
Jul 09, 2011 WifeMomKnitter rated it really liked it
This book is set seven years after "Eye of the Beholder".

I didn't particularly care for the character, Neil Craftman, in that book. In this book, he's gone through a lot of change and "grew up".
Missy
Nov 02, 2013 Missy rated it it was amazing
A beautiful well written love story written in the author's wonderful witty fun style. The hero manages to redeem himself from another story and proves that he is worthy of being loved.
Sana
Oct 02, 2015 Sana rated it really liked it
Shelves: good
Well, I didn't like Neil at all in "The eye of beholder" but he totally redeemed himself in this installment I am happy about it, but I find the novel a bit boring.
  • Land of Dreams
  • Train Station Bride (Crawford Family, #1)
  • Harper's Bride
  • His Brother's Bride (Banks Brothers Bride, #4)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • McCade's Way
  • Unbroken Hearts (Easton Hearts, #1)
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold (Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, #1)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams, #2)
  • Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)
  • Montana Bride
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Nebraska Historicals (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Wagon Trail Bride (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Her Heart's Desire (Nebraska Historicals, #1)
  • A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2)
  • A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3)
  • Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4)
  • The Wrong Husband (Nebraska Historicals, #5)
  • Shotgun Groom (Nebraska Historicals, #6)
  • To Have and to Hold (Nebraska Historicals, #7)
  • Forever Yours (Nebraska Historicals)
  • Isaac's Decision (Nebraska Historicals, #9)