Start by marking “The Officer's Wife” as Want to Read:
The Officer's Wife

The Officer's Wife

A MAN IN UNIFORM
He was a captain in the U.S. Air Force. She was a psychologist in Fayetteville, North Carolina. On the surface, Marty and Michelle Theer appeared to be the perfect married couple. But no one knew of the double life Michelle was leading. Tired of spending one too many nights apart from Marty who was often away on his flight missions, Michelle turned to the I
Published June 27th 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Officer's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Officer's Wife

Irene
Apr 08, 2009 Irene rated it really liked it
Fascinating story of a woman who thought she was smarter than everyone else, and an ironic study of a psychologist who had real psychological issues of her own. Although no one can really know all the details of this story and what motivated this woman, it is also a tragic tale of a man who lost his life because of the twisted desires of a disturbed and manipulative personality.
Jill Hutchinson
Jun 17, 2016 Jill Hutchinson rated it it was ok
Shelves: true-crime
This book should spell the end of my true crime book binge. I got what I deserved with this one as it is a mess in many ways. Written by someone I never heard of, it is so full of errors (names, places, grammar, etc.) that it is almost funny. I think when a crime that garners media attention is committed, some author will jump on it and write a fast book to play on the publicity. I think this is what happened here and someone forgot to proofread or edit it before it was published.

The story is an
Janna
Nov 27, 2012 Janna rated it really liked it
Mmmm, my guilty pleasure - true crime novels. This one was well-crafted, although there were quite a few errors in the book (spelling, as well as changing a character's name just two paragraphs apart). All in all a good read though.
Dawn Huffines medley
Nov 14, 2016 Dawn Huffines medley rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. I love books based on true stories. I can see how people could get sucked in by Michelle. I do believe she killed her husband and I believe she used the army guy as her escape goal. Hopefully some day the truth will be told.
Eva Leger
Jul 26, 2008 Eva Leger marked it as to-read
My older sister has lived in Fayetteville for years and since I do read a lot of true crime figured this one might be even more interesting since I know the area. I'll have to read it soon to see.
Angel R
Aug 19, 2008 Angel R rated it really liked it
This was a great book. It got me hooked and I couldn't put it down but it's sad to think this really happened to the poor husband.
Kylie
Mar 14, 2012 Kylie rated it it was ok
A sad story.
Judi Pence
Abrupt Ending

This book held my interest but I was surprised and a little disappointed when it ended abruptly. Also, photos would have been appreciated.
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2010
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Lolcat
Lolcat rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2010
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Alvesa
Alvesa rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2009
M
M rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
frank truman
frank truman rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2009
Amanda Bailey
Amanda Bailey rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Kayley
Kayley rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Ned Carriger
Ned Carriger rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Tom Conklin
Tom Conklin rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Susan Wallacel
Susan Wallacel rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Lorrie
Lorrie rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
jean griffiths
jean griffiths rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Amanda Burton
Amanda Burton rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Michael Shuman
Michael Shuman rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Marie Ann Burnett
Marie Ann Burnett rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Robbie
Robbie rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2012