Start by marking “Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded” as Want to Read:
Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded

Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded (Taken by the Millionaire)

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Alex Richardson has the ultimate playboy lifestyle, moving from one luscious, long-legged woman to the next. So why would he want Isobel, his short, curvaceous friend who loves him from afar?

Alex needs a convenient wife--and Bel is his first-choice bride Shocked at his proposal, Bel has doubts about his crazy plan. Then Alex gives her a taste of just how hot they can be to
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded

Lisa Kay

This is really a 3 star story, but I succumbed to the temptation to bump this up to 4 stars as I read the "Enriched Edition" via Adobe Reader. In this way I could hyperlink to the blue words they had coded. It was kind of neat to listen to Etta James singing in the background while the characters did too.

Otherwise it was a standard story of friends to lovers, with some miscarriage problems; otherwise not as much drama as the usual Harlequin Presents. Alex wants the chief archaeologist job so he
willaful
This is one of those faux Harlequin Presents; it was originally published in the "Modern Heat" line, though I would have guessed "Medical Romances," because there's a fair bit in it about pregnancy and miscarriage. (And the information is accurate -- another sign it's not a real HP! ;-) ) This is a rather nice friends-to-lovers story, but I read Presents for the drama, so I wasn't thrilled.
Kay
4 Stars! ~ Alex is a gorgeous archeologist who's had a very adventurous career and several acclaimed television programs to document those adventures. But he's turned 35 and he's feeling like he should be setting down some roots and for that he needs a wife. Only Alex doesn't believe in love. The perfect wife for Alex is his best friend, Bel. Actually, Isobel is his sister's best friend but she's always been the friend he's called first to share an achievement or ask for a place to bunk out for ...more
Jess
Marriage of convenience turned more, with an infertility side plot. I could have done without that part, frankly, but the slow realization from both the hero and heroine as to exactly what they felt for the other one was kind of great.
Andrea
Aug 07, 2010 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Andrea by: I got this book from tell harlequin.
Let me get this out of the way the tittle doesn't fit the book at all. This book was about two friends who grew up together getting married so Alex could get this dream job. Isobel had been married before to a man that didn't love her and walked out on her. After the marriage they come to see how much they really do love each other but it takes something heartbreaking to get it out in the open. I was sobbing my heart out for them. I think KH did a fantastic job with this book and I had never eve ...more
Colleen
This was a decent book but no where near did justice to some of the serious issues approached in it. But then again, what can you expect from a Mills & Boon book?
I started thinking they were ok, but the more I read the less taken in I am by them. It seems to me like they have a small handful of plots that they pass around and get other people to re-write. Not to mention that all but one M&B books that I have read have been between 185 and 187 pages long.
As a first read from Mills & B
The only reason I read this book was because of the ridiculousness of the title. I mean, how can you resist a book called "Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded"?? It's impossible, I say! And now I see that the author has other books with titles just as sporffleriffic. "One Night, One Baby"? "Surrender to the Playboy Sheikh"? "Playboy Boss, Pregnancy of Passion"?

Oh yes. I must read these books!

In reality, the book wasn't bad, but the plot was horribly thin. Standard Harlequin stuff.

Donna
I like the writing style. But never saw the point of the story. I didnt really feel for the characters or what their story was supposed to really be. Just seemed like standard story with nothing special with a HEA. I dont really feel like the characters grew at all or even really what they wanted. And the title so doesnt work.
Freda mans
As far as romance novels go, this little book had everything I look for. It was hot, yet not erotic. It had a great storyline that you actually cared to follow. The characters were well rounded and easy to relate to. I really enjoyed this one!
Beth - ;)
This is not a book I would have chosen to read. I received it from Tell Harlequin and will be reviewing it for them eventually. The story was ok, not that great.
Adina
I received a review copy of this book from Tell Harlequin.
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
T. Martin
T. Martin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Shen
Shen marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Bought For The Sicilian Billionaire's Bed (Mistress to a Millionaire)
  • The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • First Comes Baby
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • Bought for Revenge, Bedded for Pleasure
  • Untamed Billionaire, Undressed Virgin
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress Of Revenge
  • Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • Virgin Bought and Paid For (Harlequin Presents, #2821)
  • Bought: One Night, One Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2785)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
Kate Hardy is an award-winning author of more than 50 books for Harlequin Mills & Boon. Her novel 'Breakfast at Giovanni's' won the RNA Romance Prize in 2008 and she's been shortlisted three more times for the award, as well as for two Romantic Times awards.

She lives in Norwich in the east of England with her husband, two children, a springer spaniel called Byron, and too many books to count.
More about Kate Hardy...

Taken by the Millionaire (10 books)
  • Mistress to the Tycoon
  • At the Billionaire's Bidding
  • The Millionaire's Blackmail Bargain
  • Hired for the Boss's Bed
  • Accidental Mistress
  • Marriage at the Millionaire's Command
  • One Night, One Baby
  • The Magnate's Indecent Proposal (Taken by the Millionaire,)
  • Bought: One Night, One Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2785)
In Bed With Her Italian Boss Bachelor at Her Bidding One Night, One Baby Playboy Boss, Pregnancy of Passion 'Tis the Season to Kiss Santa