Start by marking “Evolution (Refuge Shifters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Evolution (Refuge Shifters, #3)

Evolution (Refuge Shifters #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Book Three in the Refuge Shifters Series

Jarek, a young cougar shifter, arrives at Refuge full of hope. He is finally in a place where he can have a lover and his first-ever home. Meeting Mica feels like icing on the cake, but his dreams are quickly shattered by a night of pain and violence at the hands of his Alpha.

Mica, a stone man, is trying to get his emotions under con
Published November 24th 2009 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evolution

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
135th out of 722 books — 1,045 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley ArmstrongDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
218th out of 770 books — 917 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
This third volume of Refuge Shifters is just as wonderful as the first two. More of the world these shifters live in is revealed and the tension mounts as outside attacks try to destroy the true Refuge they have created for themselves.

Jarek, Mica and Suni have to figure out how they can make their surprise relationship work. I loved the way they all thought nobody could ever love them - only to discover that wasn't true at all. They have to overcome plenty of outside interference though and that
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Mica, Jarek and Suni are the m/m/m stars of this book!
Suni is the true king of cougars and Jarek is his mate, but there is also Mica, the stone man!
It felt a bit like the second book, but I'll read the next one, since I think that will feature the bird shifters.
Holly
I liked this book, I feel it was good to see one of the "stone men" be involved in one of the books, instead of just the protectors of refuge.

The young cougar shifter Jarek is full of hope when he arrives at Refuge and meeting Mica is more than he could have ever hoped for, until harm from his alpha brings his dreams of a home crashing down around him.

Mica is trying to get his emotions under control, and though he likes Jarek he isn't sure what to do when the overwhelming lust he feels when ev
TracyG.
Apr 11, 2014 TracyG. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
My favourite so far. Love all MC in this one. The story was very good and really different.
Joleen
Oct 23, 2014 Joleen marked it as tr-mm
Shelves: mm, series, shifter
Down to $2.99 at ARe and Amazon US, 10-23-14
Brenda (b)
Evolution picked up where Retribution ended, with Jarek arriving at Refuge. I found the characters engaging and thought the series continued to develop well. Jarek had such wonderful dreams and I hated to see them crushed by Maquay. Mica had to learn to deal with his new found emotions and Suni had to make a choice as to whether he would rejoin the community. ...more
Jaime
(Full Review at Dark Diva Reviews)

I liked the more complex plot and deeper characters in this story. It was interesting, but not too convoluted for the word count, once again proving Ms. Lynne knows what she's doing. Even the antagonists are not simple, easy to hate men, but damaged, complex characters you can only feel for, even if you don't like what they do.

My recommendation: definitely worth the time to read. This series just gets better and better.
Ilse
This book I liked best in the whole series.
Jess
3.5 Stars

not as good as book 1
but better then book 2
Michi Rosa
My favorite book of this series.
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Paula Ridge
Paula Ridge marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Semone Menter
Semone Menter marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • Altered Heart
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • Into the Woods
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Mating Games (Delta Wolf, #2)
  • The Last Bite
  • Apocalypse (Wolfman, #1)
  • Galen and the Forest Lord
  • Russell's Reversal (Lost Shifters, #14)
  • Lone
  • Here Kitty, Kitty (Purrfect Mates, #1)
  • Lynx (Northern Shifters, #3)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Refuge Shifters (4 books)
  • Extinction (Refuge Shifters, #1)
  • Retribution (Refuge Shifters, #2)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)