Boots

Boots

5.0 of 5 stars 5.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A heart warming story to remind us and our children to appreciate and be thankful for the things that we have.
Published May 25th 2009 by America Star Books (first published 2009)

Phillip Whittington
Lisa Roman

What more can I say but wow! This book was a real treat to read. The story and the illustrations compliment each other brilliantly to make the whole reading experience an enjoyable but at the same time moving experience.
I lingered for quite a while on each page just taking in the beautiful and original illustrations that portrayed so well the emotional expressions of Melisa the main character.
The illustrations for me were quite moving, and this added a real feel to the message that the...more
William Bentrim
Dec 20, 2009 William Bentrim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any parent of toddlers
Boots by Lisa Roman

This book is the story of a little girl who has nothing and who only thinks of others.

I don’t know that I have ever used the word “dear” in a review before but this story is dear. Melisa is adorable and you can’t help but feel for her. She provides a moral lesson that is important for kids to learn. Perhaps more importantly the adults reading it should think about the message. The illustrations will be very appealing to the little ones. It may say something about me, but I t...more
Lisa Maddock
Oh my goodness, how adorable! And what a lovely message it sends about appreciating what one has.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2013
Institutions in Transition Institutions in Transition: Vietnamese State Bank Reform International Labor Standards: History, Theory, and Policy Options