Start by marking “Cambridge, Massachusetts: Ghosts, Legends & Lore” as Want to Read:
Cambridge, Massachusetts: Ghosts, Legends & Lore

Cambridge, Massachusetts: Ghosts, Legends & Lore

Cambridge, Massachusetts, is haunted by history, from the eternally fanatic Puritans and Royalists to the clever specters of Harvard and MIT. Explore many ghosts and legends of the area. Thrill to a game of Hide and Seek with a ghost dressed in red velvet. Consider a British prisoner who blows out candles in Christ Church. Be amazed at the ability of the Irish to leave ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Schiffer Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cambridge, Massachusetts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cambridge, Massachusetts

Ken
Mar 20, 2016 Ken rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, library
Note that I am putting this on the 'non-fiction' shelf and not the 'ghost sightings' shelf, because by and large this is an eclectic history book, with a smattering of mentions of ghosts. I think the book is better in the second half with interesting articles on Julia Child, MIT pranks, and the Irish migration.
Sam
Oct 13, 2011 Sam rated it did not like it
I didn't actually read this all the way through because it's completely unreadable. It seems to be a mixture of chunks of info lifted liberally from Wikipedia plus some completely incomprehensible and ineptly written Cambridge history fan fic. Avoid like the plague!
Emillybeth
Jul 28, 2015 Emillybeth rated it did not like it
Not worth the time. I was looking for a kitschy local lore ghost story book. Instead I got fabricated pseudo ghost stories told in a first person narrative that was unconvincing and annoying.
April
April rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013