Start by marking “Walking on Water: When the Lord Asks the Impossible” as Want to Read:
Walking on Water: When the Lord Asks the Impossible

Walking on Water: When the Lord Asks the Impossible

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water,” Peter said, and Jesus’ simple response was, “Come.” Peter had the faith that, if Jesus asked him, he could do anything—no matter how impossible the task appeared. We, too, desire to do all the Lord asks. However, often life’s trials and uncertainties and even the Lord’s commandments—especially that all-encompassing ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 14th 2006 by Deseret Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Walking on Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking on Water

Verona
What an uplifting message this little book brings! Just like Peter the apostle who struggled to walk on water, sometimes Jesus asks us to do what seems impossible. But if He asks us to do it, then He will help us. We need to do our part first, to show our faith. He will be there for us. Brother Wilcox gives us some meaningful examples from his own life to illustrate his teaching. This book was good company as we traveled on a Sunday coming home to Snowflake yesterday.
Jill Brown
I read/listened to this book on CD when I was called to be a seminary teacher. I was completely overwhelmed with this new calling and everything that was asked and this book was just the right thing to read at that time. It shows how the Lord sometimes ask us to do thing that we might thing are impossible but he is there for us every step of the way and wants us to succeed.
Inspired Kathy
S Michael Wilcox is an amazing speaker. He is "deeper" than a lot of other speakers. Lots of things to ponder and think about. Great talk for anyone feeling inadequate or unable to do all they are asked to do.
Amber
Sometimes God hands us heavy burdens and we aren't sure how we are going to make it through. I thank God everyday that he is going to be the one go judge me and nobody else.
This book brought me hope and peace
Luisa
"If my Master can do it, I want to be able to do it because I want to do everything that He can do. I want to love like Him... I want to live like Him. If He walks on water, so must I."
Adrienne
I really enjoyed this one; there were some great insights and stuff to think about. Some of the chapters were more interesting than others to me personally, but I still enjoyed all of it.
Ryan
S. Michael Wilcox is an absolutely amazing speaker and teacher. This book was pretty good but maybe I just had my bar set too high for him. Definitely worth reading!
Kathy
I don't often have time to listen to talk-tapes, but this one is worth the time. Great and very helpful.
Lesley
I listened to this talk on my iPod and just loved it! I'll keep it on there and listen to it again and again.
Kim
I think this is one of the better books I have read. Loved it and got some great quotes.
Chris
How to get the courage and strength to do hard things!
Lillian Hoyt
Lillian Hoyt marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Cheri Muir
Cheri Muir marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jenae
Jenae marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Caleen
Caleen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Sharlene Davis
Sharlene Davis marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Chandi Meyer
Chandi Meyer marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Tina Petersen
Tina Petersen marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
S. Michael Wilcox is an instructor at the institute of religion adjacent to the University of Utah. A frequent speaker at Brigham Young University Education Week, Michael also conducts tours of the Holy Land, Church history sites, Europe, China, and Central America. He received a bachelor’s degree in English literature from Brigham Young University, a master’s in media from the University of Arizo ...more
More about S. Michael Wilcox...
House of Glory: Finding Personal Meaning in the Temple Fire in the Bones: William Tyndale - Martyr, Father of the English Bible When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered Daughters of God: Scriptural Portraits What the Scriptures Teach Us about Raising a Child