Start by marking “Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)

Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #4)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  21 reviews
More adventure, more illustrations, more Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose. . . . A to Z fun keeps on coming!

Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are spending Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, home of the legendary Headless Horseman. They are going to sleep in an old cabin, take a haunted hayride, and check out the Old Dutch Church. That's where some people say they've spotted the ghostly horseman
Published July 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepy Hollow Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepy Hollow Sleepover

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniCutting Right to the Chase Vol.2, by Stefania Mattana
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
275th out of 397 books — 51 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienCan You Mend It? by Billy Wood-SmithThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsAngels & Demons by Dan Brown
Third person fiction
134th out of 217 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Nielson
In this super-edition, the adventures of Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose continue! Celebrating Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, NY, the threesome is in for a spooktacular time! Sleeping in the "Haunted House" cabin, going on haunted hayrides, and participating in a spooky carnival is just the beginning of their adventures! When someone burns down the hayride wagons and slashes the police mens car tires, the threesome follow the clues to solve the mystery, but it is not what they expected!
I'll be honest, I
Krista
This book is a must have for a young reader's Halloween shelf. The story is good and the extra puzzle to solve finding a letter in each illustration to reveal a message at the end is great fun.
Dolly
Sep 28, 2011 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
We have loved the A to Z Mysteries series and have read them all. We love that Mr. Roy has written several extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose feel like old friends to us.

This was a fun story with a Halloween theme and provides a little background information about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. The story is fun and exciting (and a little dangerous, too. Our girls loved it and we read this book in two quick readings, with my younge
Erica Rhodes
My daughter loves these books, this one especially because of the headless horseman. We both loved the way the town and original story were both incorporated. The story is about a mysterious sequence of events that happened one Halloween night. It took me a little llonger than it should have to figure out the criminals, but it was still fun. These books are getting a bit too predictable for my daughter because she was able to anticipate most of the end of the book, but I think she'll enjoy readi ...more
Robert
From Owen: "I loved it"; "It's from when I started to like A-Z mysteries and I like scary non-fiction stories."
Raja99
This is another fun little mystery by Ron Roy. It's aimed at kids so it's not too hard to figure out. There are some nice descriptions of a haunted hayride. There's also a message hidden, one letter at a time, in the pictures; even after reading the message, I still can't find some of the letters.

(Finished 2013-03-21 14:11:54.5 +/- 0.20s EDT. Approximately.)
Sean McBride
This little book reminded me of the Hardy Boys, just a little younger and without that fifties pizzazz (They drove cruisers instead of Jalopys). Lots of fun and getting my head slowly into the Halloween spirit! It seems to me that Halloween seems more about nostalgia than horror and I'm having a load of fun reading these kids books before I go to sleep!
Jami Howe
This book is about a group of kids (Dink, Josh & Ruth Rose) that are on a Halloween adventure. They begin by taking a hay ride into the woods for a Halloween party put on by the policemen. A wagon is started on fire & they mystery begins. My 3rd grade class was into the book, but I thought it was somewhat cheesy.
Brenda
Even though I grew up in the South, I have never been on a haunted hayride and after reading this book, I really want to, even at my age, I think I'd find it fun. This was a great twist on a famous tale, one of my favorite tales at that, and I loved it, I say this is a must read for any mystery fan.
Tasha
These are great to read with your kids especially the Super edition ones as you have to find the hidden letters in the pictures throughout the story and solve the hidden message at the end of the story. This was a scary spooktacular read during the Halloween season, my son loves these books :)
Lisadunbar22
My favorite is when they found out where the money went. I like when they found a way to get out of the hole under the barn. I liked Josh best because I have freckles and he has freckles. If he had brownish blond hair like me then he would look exactly like me. Review By Evan
Jay
good book
Sydney
when dink and his friends hear the legend of the headless horseman and people say that they saw a ghost of the headless horseman they don't really know if there's a ghost of the headless horseman coming.
Nicole
Read this one with my son for book chat. A "just right" book that he enjoyed. He loved looking for the clues!
Jafet Isaac
Ann Babcock
It is a cute book about my favorite holiday-Halloween! Great story!
Lil
My son's favorite of this series.
Amelia
It was scary and cool!
Robandsuzie
Fun to read with Caleb.
Scott
My daughter liked it.
Meghan Wilson
Meghan Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Caden
Caden added it
Dec 11, 2014
Hieu Nguyen
Hieu Nguyen marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost #1)
  • Knights of the Ruby Wand (The Secrets of Droon, #36)
  • Stallion by Starlight (Magic Tree House, #49)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Disgusting Sneakers (Encyclopedia Brown, #18)
  • The Case Of The Class Clown (Jigsaw Jones, #12)
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • Marco? Polo! (Time Warp Trio #16)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Mr. Sunny Is Funny! (My Weird School Daze #2)
  • Flash (The Puppy Place, #6)
  • Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)