Start by marking “Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)” as Want to Read:
Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)

Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  230 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Horrified by her family's role in Nazi Germany, Krista uncovers a family secret that changes her life. Searching for support, Krista discovers her dream man. When tragedy strikes, Krista accepts Jesus' everlasting love.
Published July 1st 1999 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Monday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monday's Child

Jeni Enjaian
This is the book that first introduced me to Linda Chaikin. I loved this book just as much the second time around as the first. Though it is a bit confusing as to which people are good guys versus the bad guys the plot moved along convincingly and the romance between Jordan and Krista moves quickly but at the same time slow enough to be believable. I definitely enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys Christian historical fiction.
Melissa
Though a fairly long book, it didn't take me long to finish, because I was caught up in it and didn't want to stop. Espionage, Swiss banking scandals, tragic Jewish history, Bible verses, flying bullets--they all combine for an exciting and unusual read. There were a few things I disapproved of--the normal kissing and that Krista was working outside the home--but I couldn't help liking it, as mysteries are fun.
Amy
Since I own this entire series and I've read many of the books twice I think I can safely say that I really enjoyed these books. Some mystery, some romance, some history; can't go wrong with a combination like that.
Andrea
This took awhile to get in to, but it was a pretty good story. I thought for awhile that it took place right after WWII, but it actually modern day. Once the time period was clear certain things made more sense.
Hope Johnson
I actually enjoyed this book. Even though it started out really slow, the last few pages I almost cried, which it takes quite a bit for me to cry while reading a book.
Fran Piercey
Set in Switzerland. Krista is a model of Gotthard Enterprises with international espionage steming from Hitler's Germany.
Lindsay Porter
Good story but a little predictable at times.
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Angel Gail Rose
Angel Gail Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Lynell
Lynell added it
Aug 17, 2014
Content.. 2 5 Jun 23, 2012 08:55AM
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Patchwork Circle #1)
  • A Flight of Fancy (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #2)
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)
  • English Ivy (English Ivy #1)
  • Two Crosses: A Novel (The Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #1)
  • Two Brides Too Many (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #1)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • It Had to Be You
  • The Carousel Painter
  • The Jewel of Gresham Green (Gresham Chronicles #4)
  • The Swiss Courier
  • Fairer Than Morning (Saddler's Legacy, #1)
  • The Restitution (Legacy of the King's Pirates #3)
  • The Stonewycke Trilogy (Stonewycke Trilogy #1-3)
  • The Gladiator
  • The Memory Book
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Crimson Cipher
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...
Silk (Heart of India, #1) Kingscote (Heart of India #3) Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2) Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1) Arabian Winds (Egypt Trilogy #1)