Start by marking “Monday's Child (A Day to Remember, #1)” as Want to Read:
Monday's Child (A Day to Remember, #1)

Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  292 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
For Krista von Buren, a beautiful model whose fair face has opened doors all over Europe, life seems perfect. Until Jorden Keller appears. Jorden, a member of the Israeli secret police, is working with a journalist to uncover an international banking scandal dating back to Hitler's Germany. Krista is stunned to find that her family in Switzerland may have been involved in ...more
Published July 1st 1999 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Monday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monday's Child

Mikayla
Oct 03, 2015 Mikayla rated it really liked it
This book was really gripping from page one. The intier story plot was really interesting, and the faith element was really well done.

The only problem I had with it was really just a silly little one. It was when SPOLIAR ALERT!! Jorden tried to kiss Krista the first time, she said no, that he wasn't a christian. Then, only hours later after he has said he'll think about christianity, they kiss. END SPOILAR ALRET I thought this was out of character for Krista espechially.
Jeni Enjaian
This is the book that first introduced me to Linda Chaikin. I loved this book just as much the second time around as the first. Though it is a bit confusing as to which people are good guys versus the bad guys the plot moved along convincingly and the romance between Jordan and Krista moves quickly but at the same time slow enough to be believable. I definitely enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys Christian historical fiction.
Melissa
Jan 04, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
Though a fairly long book, it didn't take me long to finish, because I was caught up in it and didn't want to stop. Espionage, Swiss banking scandals, tragic Jewish history, Bible verses, flying bullets--they all combine for an exciting and unusual read. There were a few things I disapproved of--the normal kissing and that Krista was working outside the home--but I couldn't help liking it, as mysteries are fun.
Amy
May 01, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Since I own this entire series and I've read many of the books twice I think I can safely say that I really enjoyed these books. Some mystery, some romance, some history; can't go wrong with a combination like that.
Andrea
Aug 07, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
This took awhile to get in to, but it was a pretty good story. I thought for awhile that it took place right after WWII, but it actually modern day. Once the time period was clear certain things made more sense.
Hope Johnson
I actually enjoyed this book. Even though it started out really slow, the last few pages I almost cried, which it takes quite a bit for me to cry while reading a book.
Fran Piercey
Jun 09, 2010 Fran Piercey rated it really liked it
Set in Switzerland. Krista is a model of Gotthard Enterprises with international espionage steming from Hitler's Germany.
Lindsay Porter
Apr 13, 2011 Lindsay Porter rated it liked it
Good story but a little predictable at times.
Mary C. Malloch
Mary C. Malloch rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Sue Scheffer
Sue Scheffer is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2016
Beverly Ohlendorf
Beverly Ohlendorf rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Shell
Shell marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
James R Hager
James R Hager rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Jordyn
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Audra Bonner
Audra Bonner rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Hanna
Hanna rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2016
Carman
Carman marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Content.. 2 5 Jun 23, 2012 08:55AM
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Patchwork Circle, #1)
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • Prelude (American Anthem #1)
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)
  • It Had to Be You
  • A Flight of Fancy (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #2)
  • The Memory Book: A Novel
  • The Trouble with Tulip
  • The Bridge
  • The Blacksmith's Bravery (Ladies' Shooting Club #3)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • On the Trail of the Truth (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #3)
  • Song of a Soul (Victorian Serenade #4)
  • The Dawn of a Dream (At Home in Beldon Grove, #3)
  • A Greater Glory (The Trials of Kit Shannon #4)
  • Two Brides Too Many (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #1)
  • The Edge of Recall
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...

A Day to Remember (6 books)
  • Tuesday's Child (Day to Remember, #2)
  • Wednesday's Child (A Day to Remember, #3)
  • Thursday's Child (A Day to Remember #4)
  • Friday's Child (A Day to Remember #5)
  • Saturday's Child (A Day to Remember #6)