Start by marking “Monday's Child (A Day to Remember, #1)” as Want to Read:
Monday's Child (A Day to Remember, #1)

Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)

For Krista von Buren, a beautiful model whose fair face has opened doors all over Europe, life seems perfect. Until Jorden Keller appears. Jorden, a member of the Israeli secret police, is working with a journalist to uncover an international banking scandal dating back to Hitler's Germany. Krista is stunned to find that her family in Switzerland may have been involved in ...more
Published July 1st 1999 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Monday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monday's Child

Lydia Howe
Wow, I had no clue what to expect going into this book. I thought it was WW2 historical fiction, but eventually figured out that it took place way after WW2 and was about bringing the bad guys from the war to justice. So yeah, there was some confusion there, but after I got everything straightened out it really drew me in.

I was startled to realize that I don't really know about any of the events the book talked about. I have no clue if they're real or if they are fiction and that's definitely s
Marlene Moore
Jun 23, 2016 Marlene Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monday's Child

I was so intrigued by the storyline of this book that I hardly put it down. There is so much going on in every chapter that I wanted to see what the next chapter held. The characters were so plausible and real, you could just imagine them in the role they played.
I love the Christian theme that is all through the book, as well as the lessons that came with it. Well thought out and excellently written. I'm ready to read the next book in this series. This book has romance, mystery, a
Mikayla
Oct 03, 2015 Mikayla rated it really liked it
This book was really gripping from page one. The intier story plot was really interesting, and the faith element was really well done.

The only problem I had with it was really just a silly little one. It was when SPOLIAR ALERT!! Jorden tried to kiss Krista the first time, she said no, that he wasn't a christian. Then, only hours later after he has said he'll think about christianity, they kiss. END SPOILAR ALRET I thought this was out of character for Krista espechially.
Melissa
Jan 04, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
Though a fairly long book, it didn't take me long to finish, because I was caught up in it and didn't want to stop. Espionage, Swiss banking scandals, tragic Jewish history, Bible verses, flying bullets--they all combine for an exciting and unusual read. There were a few things I disapproved of--the normal kissing and that Krista was working outside the home--but I couldn't help liking it, as mysteries are fun.
Jeni Enjaian
This is the book that first introduced me to Linda Chaikin. I loved this book just as much the second time around as the first. Though it is a bit confusing as to which people are good guys versus the bad guys the plot moved along convincingly and the romance between Jordan and Krista moves quickly but at the same time slow enough to be believable. I definitely enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys Christian historical fiction.
Amy
May 01, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Since I own this entire series and I've read many of the books twice I think I can safely say that I really enjoyed these books. Some mystery, some romance, some history; can't go wrong with a combination like that.
Andrea
Aug 07, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
This took awhile to get in to, but it was a pretty good story. I thought for awhile that it took place right after WWII, but it actually modern day. Once the time period was clear certain things made more sense.
Hope Johnson
I actually enjoyed this book. Even though it started out really slow, the last few pages I almost cried, which it takes quite a bit for me to cry while reading a book.
Fran Piercey
Jun 09, 2010 Fran Piercey rated it really liked it
Set in Switzerland. Krista is a model of Gotthard Enterprises with international espionage steming from Hitler's Germany.
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Sonya Davis
Sonya Davis rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Martha Paterik
Martha Paterik rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Nicole Mathis
Nicole Mathis rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2010
Janelle
Janelle rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2010
Shirley Beeching
Shirley Beeching rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Juanita Enns
Juanita Enns rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2016
Nareliel
Nareliel rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Paliden
Paliden rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Caylie Barnes
Caylie Barnes rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Rachael Burrows
Rachael Burrows rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Melissa Keel
Melissa Keel rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Renae Loving
Renae Loving rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2010
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2008
Maddy
Maddy rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Lynnette Bonner
Lynnette Bonner rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2009
Audra Bonner
Audra Bonner rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Content.. 2 5 Jun 23, 2012 08:55AM
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Patchwork Circle, #1)
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)
  • A Flight of Fancy (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #2)
  • English Ivy (English Ivy #1)
  • Prelude (American Anthem #1)
  • A Place in the Sun (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #4)
  • The Memory Book: A Novel
  • The Trouble with Tulip (Smart Chick Mysteries, Book 1)
  • The Bridge
  • The Dawn of a Dream (At Home in Beldon Grove, #3)
  • Beyond All Measure (Hickory Ridge, #1)
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Song of a Soul (Victorian Serenade #4)
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
  • A Greater Glory (The Trials of Kit Shannon #4)
  • Winter Passing
  • It Had to Be You

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...

A Day to Remember (6 books)
  • Tuesday's Child (Day to Remember, #2)
  • Wednesday's Child (A Day to Remember, #3)
  • Thursday's Child (A Day to Remember #4)
  • Friday's Child (A Day to Remember #5)
  • Saturday's Child (A Day to Remember #6)