Start by marking “Systems of Psychotherapy” as Want to Read:
Systems of Psychotherapy

James O. Prochaska

Systems of Psychotherapy

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

Systematic and balanced, this comprehensive text uses a wealth of clinical case illustrations to help readers understand a wide variety of psychotherapies including psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, existential, person-centered, experiential, interpersonal, exposure, behavioral, cognitive, systemic, multicultural, and integrative. The Sixth Edition thoroughly analyzes 15 lead

Mass Market Paperback, 0 pages
Published January 28th 1994 by Brooks/Cole (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Systems of Psychotherapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Systems of Psychotherapy

Farshad
Jan 13, 2016 Farshad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
برای ورود به دنیای روان درمانی کتاب مناسبی است
Andrea
Jun 19, 2009 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know a textbook right? This is the only textbook that I read cover to cover and found it fascinating. I didn't know how many systems of Psychotherapy there are. They all have good points for different reasons except Feminist Therapy which is whack.
K
Mar 31, 2009 K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: professionallit
I haven't finished teaching the course yet, but I think I can review the book at this point. My students found this text convoluted and cumbersome to read, but that may say more about their skills than about the book itself as their academic backgrounds are weak, by and large. Personally, I found this text thorough and informative. I'm not sure I would have organized the chapter sections the same way they did -- I wasn't crazy about the way they broke up the "Therapeutic Content" sections, altho ...more
Robert
Dec 10, 2013 Robert rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
Kinda disappointing for a $200+ book. At first I was excited - it looked like a great idea. But after a few chapters I realized that the first and intro chapters contained the whole learning of the book, and I don't think I got much out of anything else. The chapters were mostly a more in-depth review of the theories of psychotherapy that I was already fairly well versed in. I think a better volume is Duncan et al.'s 2010 work: The Heart and Soul of Change - much more new research and insight.
S
Natalie
Feb 21, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psych
Very balanced, interesting presentation of not only the theories and techniques of psychotherapy, but one that delved into the personal life and background of the major theorists. I liked the biographical aspect the most.
Synnove
Jul 27, 2010 Synnove rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psych-reference
Yes, I read an entire textbook on my own time. I don't really know what I'm talking about in the Land of Psych quite yet, but this book seems to be a good survey of therapies.
Iso Cambia
Apr 11, 2012 Iso Cambia added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Iso by: Hadsell
I am using this predominantly for a chapter on gender- and culture-sensitive therapies.
Caroline
Jan 05, 2011 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a great read- comparative analysis of many different theories, and practical too.
Russell
Russell marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Ahae Ahae
Ahae Ahae marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
I-ki
I-ki added it
Feb 16, 2016
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Levi
Levi added it
Jan 30, 2016
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Aj
Aj added it
Jan 17, 2016
Herndon Snider
Herndon Snider marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Beatrice Bilikis
Beatrice Bilikis marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Austin Michael
Austin Michael rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Michele Wood
Michele Wood rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Chris Geoghegan
Chris Geoghegan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Marina Bastos
Marina Bastos marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Kasee Hall
Kasee Hall marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016