Start by marking “Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1)” as Want to Read:
Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1)

Into Danger (S.A.S.S. #1)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  446 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The Woman in Black

"Every intelligence operative in Washington D.C. knows her name ... but little else."

A tough Navy Seal with a reputation for efficiency, Steve McMillan has heard all the stories about the "world's most glamorous assassin." But nothing prepared him for the goddess in tight black leather who now stands before him. Marlena is his new assignment -- his superi
Published March 25th 2003 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Into Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into Danger

ATron
Sep 13, 2009 ATron rated it liked it
This was a fairly decent read by a new-to-me author, Gennita Low. I liked it enough that I will likely seek out a few others in the series, hopeful that the writing style will even improve. The heroine, Marlena, is one tough chickie, a mysterious agent/assassin. "Stash" (Steve), our Navy SEAL hero sent to keep an eye on her, is no slouch either. I felt like it was a bit too "immediate unexplained reaction to one another" for my taste, but they were both action-oriented characters with neither si ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
This was the debut novel by Gennita Low and I enjoyed it as much as the first time I read it years ago.
What I loved the most was the kickass heroine ..Marlena Maxwell, an infamous assassin is a cross between LARA CROFT photo download3_zps01109786.jpgand VAMPIRE SLAYER photo download1_zps5e2448f4.jpgand DANGEROUS ASSASSIN photo download2_zps88cfe9ab.jpgALL IN ONE.
She has no need to be saved by Prince Charming. She does her own saving. She plays by her own rules. She has no time for love and romance in her life and is not averse to get closer to someone that attracts her…but it will not side
Jane Stewart
Sep 22, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it did not like it
Too much telling, not enough showing. Vague plot progression.

STORY BRIEF:
Steve is a former SEAL currently working for the CIA. Marlena is an assassin for hire who is under surveillance by the CIA. She just arrived in town and is waiting for a male assistant to work for her while she’s in town. The CIA kidnaps the assistant before she meets him and sends Steve in his place. The next day she has Steve accompany her on a clothes shopping spree, which is drudgery for him. That evening she has Steve
Dayreader Reviews
Gennita Low takes us into the heart-racing land of corporate espionage and government spy agencies with her romantic suspense, Into Danger. Steve McMillan's character, as a Navy Seal sent undercover, is written to "Alpha" perfection. But it is the character of Marlena Maxwell, the "world's most glamorous assassin", where Gennita's skills as a storyteller shine. Marlena is a highly intelligent and strong female character, that happens to be both combatant and competen. As more of her character is ...more
Connie
Jul 02, 2014 Connie rated it it was ok
Too much romance and not enough action. This was the first book in a series with a Navy SEAL. I picked it up because I saw the word SEAL. While the male character was likable, I felt he was a little over the top as well as the female in the book. Too many acronyms to keep track of and initials instead of names makes my reading harder to comprehend who we are talking about.

Patricia Eddy
May 24, 2013 Patricia Eddy rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Strong characters, both men and women. Enough misdirection to keep you guessing. What I particularly appreciated about this book was that despite there being the whole angle of espionage and spy/SEAL tactics, I never felt too overwhelmed by the details, but there were enough to keep it interesting. The other great thing about the book is that both the male and female lead were strong and capable. So often the one (usually the female) gets neglected or turned into a doormat. While ther ...more
Jana Gundy
Aug 22, 2015 Jana Gundy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great romantic suspense!

I loved this book! You have a tough, take charge woman clashing with a dominant man. You know things are going to be interesting! The intrigue and espionage were fantastic and I loved how Steve fell for his mermaid and wouldn't give up!
Jez
Jan 27, 2015 Jez rated it really liked it
This is I believe my second book by Low and I'm still very happy with her spirits. Strong male AND female characters. Good suspense. Hot sex. Definitely Low stays on the to read list.
DA4Pups
Mar 03, 2015 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous Passions: 12 Tales of Contemporary Sexy Hot Alpha Heroes - Cops, Navy SEALs, Marines, Military, FBI Agents, Secret Agents, Police Captains, Spies, and More
Anita
Apr 03, 2016 Anita rated it liked it
This book was full of surprises and I didn't want to stop reading it. But, the chapters were way too long, and many grammatical errors were found. I will probably read another book from this author.
E C
Jan 23, 2016 E C rated it it was ok
Liked it but didn't love it. It was about 150 pages longer than it needed to be. It drug on unnecessarily FOREVER
Melody
Nov 10, 2015 Melody rated it liked it
it's ok. read... not my favorite in this box set.
Klsuess2
Sep 08, 2015 Klsuess2 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Couldn't put it down as it had the mystery and really wanted to find out what was going to happen next.
Chris Hanselman
Mar 20, 2015 Chris Hanselman rated it did not like it
Dragged on and on
Colleen
Jul 28, 2009 Colleen rated it it was ok
I could not get into this book. Parts of it were good, but other parts just seemed to drag on for me. My eyes literally started to glass over and I found myself skipping through pages (especially at the end - I just wanted to be done with it). The characters were okay and their romance was good, but the story line in general was just flat out boring. I really hope the next book in the series is better (I already have it checked out from the library).
StrangeBedfellows
Dec 10, 2012 StrangeBedfellows rated it it was ok
This book is fun but read a little slow. I reached the halfway point and felt like I was done reading. The interaction between characters is written very well -- in fact, it's the best part of this book -- but the story, itself, didn't grip me. I kept thinking, "okay, this is good, but I'd like to move on to the next book in the series now." However, the ending scene with all the SEALs kicking butt is pretty cool, ended things on a nice high note.
ElaineY
Jul 06, 2008 ElaineY rated it really liked it
Shelves: mf, romantic-suspense
Marlena is my type of heroine - competent, sexy, confident and not prone to TSTL moments. Like an Angelina Jolie-type operative. Steve fared less well with me as I felt he wasn't a strong enough hero to match Marlena yet I suppose anyone more alpha, cool and detached (like Jed) would have been a disaster in the making.

I loved how Marlena met Hawk and I would have given this book 5 stars if not for Steve.
Stacy
Oct 19, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
It was slightly confusing for me, because of all the secrecy and missing information (I guess I was supposed to figure it out on my own?!?), but a good read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A new romantic suspense to feed my Navy SEALS fetish. The first in this series S.A.S.S. features Steve McMillan. Steve is a delicious alpha male, as we would expect the Navy SEALS. This was an enjoyable and fast paced book. Recommended for those who enjoy intrigue, romance and good sexual tension.
Shannon
Mar 15, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
So....maybe the pain meds and antibiotic have messed with my brain because I didn't know what Marlena's Mission was until 3/4 if the way through the book, and even then I was sorta like so.....you have it. The end? It was good but the plot was a little awkward.
Felicia
Jan 06, 2011 Felicia rated it it was amazing
Excellent! At first the book seemed a little slow. However, that gave a nice foundation for the story, so that when the action really picked up, it felt like I really knew the characters. Very enjoyable read.
Aloha Salonen
May 07, 2014 Aloha Salonen rated it liked it
Skipped half of this book as the love parts were to intense for my taste. The rest of the story was okay.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Thea
Thea marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Pamela Keller
Pamela Keller rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Michal
Michal marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Anna T
Anna T added it
Jun 24, 2016
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5, #6)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Deadly Obsession
  • Deadly Shadows (Deadly, #1)
  • Intimate Danger
341927
Jenn, as everyone calls her, likes to keep things simple. That's why she runs a roofing construction business, teaches, writes and does her own business taxes eight days a week. She considers herself a multi-cultural and well-rounded person. Workers leave her alone when she starts yelling at them in Chinese and Malay. She also studies German and Russian because she can't pronounce French very well ...more
More about Gennita Low...

S.A.S.S. (3 books)
  • Facing Fear (S.A.S.S., #2)
  • Tempting Trouble