Start by marking “LIFE The Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time: 50 Baffling Cases from the Files” as Want to Read:

Did the Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia survive the slaughter of her family, and did Amelia Earhart perhaps survive her famous flight across the Pacific? Where did the evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson go when she vanished in May of 1926, and where did the mystery writer Agatha Christie disappear to later that same year? Was Napoleon in fact murdered, and might the same ...more
Published November 17th 2009 by Life (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about LIFE The Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LIFE The Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time

Valeria
Jan 20, 2010 Valeria rated it it was amazing
My husband actually grabbed this from the store a short while ago. It sat for a while before I read it. IT is kind of a historical recap of the things that just make you go "huh?" and stop and think. You would assume that with the advances of today's technology that some of these things could be finally put to rest. All in all it was a great, quick read, of some of the world's most fascinating people and the strange circumstances of their all too short or mysterious lives.

If you have ever wonder
Rick Bavera
Sep 27, 2014 Rick Bavera rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
Great summary of some enduring mysteries.

I find it interesting that even in this day and age, when there is so much technology available, some things just will not give up their secrets.

Maybe it is good to have at least a little mystery available in a time when things can be so cut and dried and "scientific".

Several of the stories have reminded be that "Hey, that is something you always wondered about", so now I will probably go and read way too much on some interesting stories.
J.M.
Apr 04, 2014 J.M. rated it liked it
My mother picked up a newer edition of this bookazine, which is chock full of true unsolved mysteries. Most of them are things I've heard of before (Black Dahlia, JonBenet Ramsey, Amelia Earhart, Anastasia), but some were new to me. Overall a really interesting read, though I would've liked more than the 2-4 pages allotted to each mystery.
Angela
Jun 27, 2016 Angela rated it liked it
An enjoyable magazine/book. Gave just enough to intrigue...if you want more or something in depth on any particular story you would need to find another resource.

My latent print examiner friend commented on the upside down fingerprint in the cover of my copy...she just wants to know why that happens? So annoying.
Mord McGhee
Jan 01, 2016 Mord McGhee rated it liked it
A fun 'easy' read . A few of the unsolved mysteries have been solved since publication but it doesn't take away from the entertainment value. Not heavy or in-depth, just a light overview on a quick list.
Kathleen Farrell
like the negative space that may dominate the skeleton of a building, what is left out of these sketches sends me looking for more detail, further research. It is like a concise encyclopedia, as someone already said. There is more to be found if You care to look out.
Mr. Kovach
Jun 02, 2014 Mr. Kovach rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-may-dec
Interesting, but just a short article on each case; more like a concise encycolpedia of the subject than a magazine book. Disappointing because I usually like these bookzines.
Alex Johnston
Nov 22, 2013 Alex Johnston rated it liked it
Enthralling and informative read; offers several eerie stories one could spend hours researching more about. Of course, as the title suggests, this book offers more questions than answers.
Jim Melcher
Feb 22, 2013 Jim Melcher rated it liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Pancake Toad
Pancake Toad rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Danny
Danny rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Robert Felton
Robert Felton rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Joey King
Joey King rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Melissa Wells
Jul 19, 2011 Melissa Wells rated it it was amazing
Excellent book and really gets you thinking!
Sheri Mayhair
Sheri Mayhair rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
meow_meow
meow_meow rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Autumn
Autumn rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Mihaly
Mihaly rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Jen Bowen
Jen Bowen rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Sjunkie
Sjunkie rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2010
Ani
Ani rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Maureen McCadden
Maureen McCadden rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Adriana
Adriana rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2011