Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers)

Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers #6)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Full-time hairdressers and part-time private detectives, Debbie Sue Overstreet and Edwina Perkins-Martin—the Domestic Equalizers—have dealt with cheating spouses, shady business deals, Elvis-obsessed shoe thieves, even murder. But ghosts? That's a whole new rodeo!

Justin Sadler's just coming to terms with the absence of his dear departed Rachel—but now he's not so sure she'...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue

Traci
As always, a cute read featuring two of the nicest (and sometimes foul-mouthed) women this side of the Mississippi. I've read all of the Dixie Cash books featuring the Domestic Equalizers, and if you're looking for a "fluffy" yet fun read, these are for you.

The description pretty much says everything you need to know about the story. I did like that there was more interaction between our two hapless heroines this time around; the relationship between Debbie Sue and Edwina is what really makes th...more
Lynley
Very light read. It won't change your life but it's funny and sweet. I really enjoyed it but it wrapped up a little too quick and a little too clean to give it four stars. I would read more from this author though.
Carol
Very weird book, totally stupid, but I read it anyway. Characters and situations were cartoonish. Still, it had me interested enough to see how it ended.
Kristi
Okay, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just becoming too cynical. Maybe I just need to stop reading quite so much. (Gasp! Did I just say that?!)

Normally I really, really like Dixie Cash. I was so excited when I saw this title in the store. I bought it as soon as I saw it. I didn't make myself wait, I didn't try to justify the purchase, I just said I want it, and I got it.

I found the other Domestic Equalizers novels to be funny. I know at least 2 of them found me laughing through a good portion of...more
Sandy Vaughan
Perfect Book for October!

A man is haunted by his dead wife...really? Maybe but for sure she is being aided by her wicked brother. Now if you have a haunting, you need a medium to help you connect or tell you you are being hoodwinked! Enter a real live medium from El Paso who has to prove she is "the real deal".

As always, there is love, laughter, and mystery with my favorite hair dressers/PI! If you've never read or listened to one of the Dixi Cash books, you really don't know what you've been m...more
Teresa
Another fun story from Debbie Sue and Edwina, the Domestic Equalizers. However, the ending was quite abrupt, really left the reader wondering even though there was an epilogue with a brief paragraph on each character. Still, a fun read!
Vivian Hollidee
I was curious about what this book is all about so I grab the only copy in the library and started reading. Unfortunately, I wasn't hooked at all. I know its a mystery series, don't get me wrong but I love a good mystery with witty characters especially female ones but this just didn't click with my inner Sherlock Holmes. The manner of writing might be the problem cause it deals with a lot of characters. Switching from one POV to another was confusing as hell!!! Jeez Louise!!! So I had to skip t...more
Terry
Easy to read and recommend for those who want a light romance with a dash of suspense thrown in. Justin feels his late wife (died in car crash) is haunting his home. . . and asks the Domestic Equalizers (Debbie Sue and Edwina are hairdressers and p/t private investigators)to help him get closure. The DE team bring in Sophia Paredes--an El Paso psychic--and things tumble on after that. Lots of humor, good old girl stuff--PG-13. Blurbed by Nancy Martin (Blackbird sisters). There are at least 4 tit...more
Mendy
Keystone Cops meet West Texas! I love it! While the story is predictable, the dialogue unbelievable, and the characters over the top I wait very impatiently for each new book to be published. And I enjoyed this book the most so far out of all of them. The story was sweet, I mean really who doesn't want to come back and "haunt" their husband! The titles are what caught my eye but the stories keep me coming back. Ready for another one!
Lisa
First of all, I have no idea how this book made it into my "to read" list.
Second, the title of this book has nothing to do with the book's content.
Cartoonish characters, but they were kind of charming nonetheless.
This is one of those books I read and it's kind of like eating Doritos or Oreos. Not particularly satisfying, not enriching, but one in a while, some junk food (reading) is okay.
Jessica
This is such a fun series. Nothing serious or heavy here, just lighthearted fun. Part mystery and part romance, Dixie Cash always leaves me wanting more. I hated to finish this one only because it's like visiting old friends with each book that comes out. Can't wait for the next one!
Nancy Hadley
This book was laugh out loud funny and Edwina and Debbie Sue just hilarious characters. The Texas backdrop and southern charm and lifestyle made the book such a fun read. I will definitely be reading some of their other books.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
#14of2012
Edwina and Debbie Sue always crack me up. It was no different this time. What with ghosts and a psychic, you knew there'd be crazy times involved.
And love is in the air again, this time for Justin and Sophia.
Monique Harris-mccoy
Has to be one of my favorite books! It was funny, romantic and had mystery! I only read books I think I'm really gonna like. If they don't appeal I don't read them and I'm glad I decided to read this one!
Debra
Fluffy, humorous TX hairdressers cum P.I.s take on the Big Bad Criminal World...or in this series installment, ghosts.

A good book for a hot day with a cold beer, just don't make it anything it isn't.
Audrey
Not what I thought it would be. It promised to be "Hilarious." I found it mildly funny, the title being the best part. And it's not really a romance, more of a ghost story.
Shannon Rochester
I gave it five stars because I loved the storyline and I loved the characters...but I have no idea where it got it's title...it makes no sense to me...
Julia Wilson
Another stellar book by the girls. Hilarious! Romantic! Ghosts! What more could an adult woman ask for? Less expletives would be nice!!!!
Dianne
Not what I was expecting--and in a good way. I hope that there are more books w/these protagonists in them. A pleasant, quick read.
Alice Paterra
I promised my book club I would read something other than science fiction and this is what we picked. Schlock.
Gretchen McLean
When you need a really wacky read Dixie Cash is the place to turn!
Christine
Definitely not my favorite of the series.
Casey Bennett
Love these books, love the southern charm...
Lightweight, but a good summer book.
PWRL
Sep 01, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Trisha Hill
Trisha Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tricia Hackney
Tricia Hackney marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Twist of Fate
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • The Billionaire's Captive Bride (Ruthless!) (Harlequin Presents #2676)
  • Cheri on Top (Bigler, North Carolina #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • Shaken and Stirred: Those Sexy O'Sullivans
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Trouble in High Heels (Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • Natural Blond Instincts
  • Sisters of the Quilt: The Complete Trilogy
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr...more
More about Dixie Cash...
Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1) My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2) Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4) I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3) Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)