Start by marking “A St. Nicholas Story: The Fiercest Little Animal In The Forest” as Want to Read:
A St. Nicholas Story: The Fiercest Little Animal In The Forest

A St. Nicholas Story: The Fiercest Little Animal In The Forest

The image of this pine marten came to me one morning after I had been struggling to find just the right St. Nicholas story to tell to my kindergarten children. I could almost see this little creature in my imagination carrying the gold coins in his teeth and dropping them into the stockings. When story time came, I just started speaking the story and I allowed the pine ...more
Published November 18th 2009 by Patrick's Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A St. Nicholas Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A St. Nicholas Story

Megan
Dec 18, 2015 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in Swedish. The vocab was a bit higher than I was ready for, but I'll likely re-read it several times anyway, so I'm sure I'll grow into it. (I've had one "semester" of conversational Swedish, focusing mainly on nouns, basic pronouns, and present tense of main / important verbs.)

Also, this is about the real St. Nikolaus not the Santa Claus myth version. Illustrations are great, story is sweet. This is a great holiday season book that's not too "Christmasy".
Andre
Dec 31, 2013 Andre rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kids
This is one of our favorite Christmas books in the family. It introduces St. Nicholas and gift-giving, without all of the coke-bottle, mall-store, trappings. It's a simple sweet story of forgiveness and generosity.
Acacia Moore
Nov 21, 2014 Acacia Moore rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet story to introduce St. Nicholas and his spirit of kindness, generosity and forgiveness. I tell it to my sons and students every year.
Eric Fairman
Eric Fairman rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
John Reinhart
John Reinhart rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Lindy
Lindy rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Patrick Reinhart
May 24, 2012 Patrick Reinhart added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY.
Terri Reinhart
Terri Reinhart rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Carolyn Jourdan
Carolyn Jourdan rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2012
Patrick Reinhart
Jan 21, 2012 Patrick Reinhart added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Our Family Journey