Start by marking “Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)

Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  3,040 ratings  ·  121 reviews
She was looking for adventure.

Marnie Wright has seen more than her fair share of testosterone.Growing up with four overly protective brothers was one thing.Now a mountain man named Jake Dolan has invaded a peaceful day of soul-searching at her grandmother's secluded cabin.Sure, she was trespassing on his private property, but did he have to pull a gun on her?There's more t
Published July 10th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss and Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss and Tell

Dina
Now I know why I left this book collecting dust on my TBR pile for more than 5 years! Overall, it wasn't a bad book but the first half did drag a bit. I only persevered because many readers whose opinion I trust said it was worth it. Am I glad I did? Well, let's just say I don't regret reading the book...

Jake was the typical alpha hero who had been "burned by love" and betrayed by friends, so he had serious trusting issues. Hiding in his mountain lair while trying to understand who betrayed him,
Eastofoz
Jul 13, 2008 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like romantic suspense "lite"
The first half of this book is a looooong and drawn out 3 star but the second half is a quick and perky 4 star that thankfully makes up for that tedious first half ;D

I’d say that those initial 150 pages just have the h/h going around in circles and as a reader you're wondering when something "good" is going to happen. It does set the stage but I thought it could have been done better.

The heroine, Marnie, is sooooooo annoying. The author does such a great job at making her sound like a ditzy ch
Beanbag Love
For some reason, suspense romance is appealing to me right now. I've read recommendations for Cherry Adair for a while now, so I finally decided to give her a try.

Kiss and Tell is actually the second book in her T-FLAC series, but I started with it because the first book had far fewer stars and was actually written a long time before this second installment. I definitely didn't feel like I was missing anything by skipping the first so I guess I made the right decision.

This story is based on one
Kathrynn
Feb 21, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Readers
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Book #2 in the T-FLAC series and it was WONDERFUL. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire book. Great action, lots of romance and funny (at times). I thought the book was well written and had wonderful characters--including Marnie's overprotective brothers.

Loved the dog!

I see that book #3, "Hide and Seek" is with Marnie's brother, Kyle.

Hot!
Nina
Completely unremarkable, downright silly in some parts.
Although I guess it's a good thing that I can still remember that absurd techno-dungeon. Or maybe not.
Glamdring

*3,5 stars*

This book was much more better than The Mercenary. Contrary to the first book, here I liked both MC. I even liked Duchess, the dog.

Jane Stewart
Not entertaining enough and didn't enjoy reading about heroine.

There was no interesting interaction. There was nothing interesting about the personalities or characters. The only thing that attracted Marnie to Jake was chemistry, a biological reaction to his smells, etc. that she had never experienced before. She was so drawn to him that she couldn't help herself. She did everything she could think of to get him to have sex with her. He finally did. The side story is that assassins are after him
Ana T.
This was my first book by this author, it has been in my TBR pile for quite a while and to be honest I don’t remember why I got it. I had a hard time determining what kind of story it was. It could be a romantic suspense but the truth is that it lacked on the suspense part so I’ll just call it a contemporary romance.

She was looking for adventure.

Marnie Wright has seen more than her fair share of testosterone. Growing up with four overly protective brothers was one thing. Now a mountain man named
Lauren
Kiss and Tell
3 Stars

Synopsis:
Jake Dolan lives a seemingly quiet life minding his own business until the day he catches Marnie Wright trespassing on his property. Marnie is used to testosterone given her four brothers, but now she is thrust into a world of danger and intrigue with only a stranger to keep her grounded.

Review:
The gripping chemistry between the main characters does not quite compensate for the mediocre and excessively drawn out plot.

Jake is a lonely and paranoid yet endearing hero w
Jodi
This is not a new book and had I read it a decade ago I would have loved it. What's changed? Adair has become a better writer in the last decade. Marnie Wright and Jake Dolan strike sparks from their first seconds and that's the only thing that doesn't ring true in this story. Or at least doesn't make sense. There is physical attraction and lust and then there is electricity and these two have it. But Marnie acts so out of character for herself and doesn't feel embarassed about it even though it ...more
Anita Fleming
I really liked this book. It was much better than #1, The Mercenary. In fact, don't even bother with The Mercenary - It was a real dud. The Kiss and Tell plot was interesting, the action riveting and the romance hot.

Marnie has some decisions about her life to make. She goes up to he Grammy's cabin in the California Sierras for the weekend to figure some things out. While there she meets a foul tempered neighbor, Jake who is all over her for trespass. The only nice thing about him is that Duches
July
Jake Dolan is minding his buisness in his underground retreat when his alarms goes off. When he looks on his monitors all he sees is a over grown dog. But when the dog moves there is a small petite woman who sits down and starts to draw. Well he is going to have to run her off otherwise she will be in danger.
Marnie Wright has been overprotected her whole life by 4 older brothers and a father. Now she is here in the mountains to soul search at her grandmothers cabin. And this mountain man with lo
Shannon C.
4 stars: very good suspense/thriller romance

This is my first book by this author and will not be my last. I loved this book. Couldn't put it down--stayed up until almost 2 am reading it! Great characters, great story, great romance. It's a mix of action, adventure, mystery, suspense and romance.

Warning - do not order all the other books in this series based on the quality of this book w/o first reading reviews on the other ones. I just tried the next book after this and it was horrible.
Michele
Feb 15, 2014 Michele rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: romance, erotica
Before I started reading this book I was under the impression it was more mystery and action than romance, but no, it is a scrap of plot to force the couple together. The "romance" is awkward dialog and ridiculously stupid behavior. Marnie is going to turn out to be the original Overly Attached Girlfriend. I was really glad to be done with this book.

(view spoiler)
DianeG
I love this book. It's one of my favorites by Cherry Adair. It's the story of Jake and Marnie. Jake is a member of T-FLAC, an anti-terrorist group who retreats to his mountain lair while trying to figure out who is framing him for the murders of other operatives. Marnie is up on the mountain trying to decide what she wants to do with her life now that her grandmother has died. Without giving away any of the story, I can tell you there is nonstop action, an adorable dog, really hunky men and some ...more
Dolly
3.5 Stars

I've been sputtering with my reading lately. Books just aren't reaching out to grab me like usual. When this happens, I go back and re-read some I thought were good. Since I know the outcome, I can just relax and enjoy the words and the story. I originally read Kiss and Tell many years ago but the characters stuck with me! I think this was the very first Cherry Adair book I ever read and then I had to have the whole T-FLAC series.

What I liked: The characters, of course and the dog! The
Joann
This was the first Cherry Adair book I read. I LOVED it! Ms. Adair has a way of sucking you in to the stories from the beginning, and making you want to know what happens to the characters after the book ends. This is a book I have re-read and passed on to friends and family. I enjoyed this so much I went out the next day and bought the rest of the T-FLAC series!
Angelica
ok, I'm waiting on Hollywood to make the movie of Jake and Marnie. It's a great adventure/contemporary romance but the best part for me was the heroine's sharp wit. I found myself laughing through several exchanges with Jake and Marnie's four overprotective brothers. Cherry Adairs T-FLAC Series is a feel good read.
Kristen
If you love a passionate and explosive romantic suspense, Cherry Adair's T-FLAC series in the one for you. In Kiss and Tell, we meet Marnie Wright. She's always up for an adventure from her boring life and contemplated some decisions on the next path on her life at her grandmother's cabin. Little did she know, that Jake Dolan would give it her from next door. We follow this love story between Marnie, an illustrator at heart, and Jake, a T-FLAC operation, who was a man on the mission to bring a t ...more
Nadine
I absolutely loved this book. It was very funny and exciting with lots of action and bad guys. I liked The Mercenary but book 2 was a thousand times better. I can't wait to read more about the T-FLAC guys.
Alison
So, surprisingly this doesn't really have anything to do with the first book, other than Jake also works for T-FLAC. And I think the hero from the first book is mentioned, in passing, once. Otherwise, the baddie is different and there is no commonality. Although that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Marnie is staying at her grandmother's cabin in the mountains for the weekend to think about her future. At 27(?)she has allowed her father and four brothers to (for the best of reasons) dictate her li
4 1/2 stars

Kiss and Tell is the second in the T-FLAC series. It has been a while since I read The Mercenary T-FLAC 1, but from what I can remember, these 2 have little to do with each other besides the T-FLAC connection.

Jake Dolan is a super spy. He lives and breathes being a spy. Right now he's on a forced vacation because someone has set him up to look like one of the bad guys. He's content being a loner and avoiding petite blondes. Unfortunately, Marnie Wright is sharing his mountain with hi
Anorielt
Erster Satz: The perimeter alarms were set to go off when anything heavier than a hundred pounds crossed the almost invisible breakers

Wenn ich ehrlich bin, habe ich eine völlig andere Geschichte erwartet als die, die ich bekommen habe. Deswegen war sie aber nicht weniger gut. Auch unterscheidet sich der Plot diesmal sehr von dem im ersten Band, was für mich aber ein großer Pluspunkt ist. Leider habe manche Reihen ja die Angewohnheit das die Grundrisse der Geschichte sich immer ähneln, was hier
MaggieReadsRom
Marnie Wright goes to her grandmother's cabin on the mountain to decide what she really wants to do with her life. She wants to get away from her 4 bossy brothers and father who pamper her and actually live her life for her.
She runs straight into Jake Dolan, who turns out to be just the man for her, although he's even bossier than her brothers and father combined.
Jake is part of an organization that fights terrorists (T-FLAC) and he's being framed as a mole.

They are the school example of oppos
Andrea Hussey
The longhaired mountain man thing sounded good in theory. I expected a quiet, rugged type who liked the outdoors. But what I got is a run of the mill “hard” guy who is emotionally and verbally abusive. He’s already shot her down in the manner of a Diana Palmer male—rude, insensitive, and abusive, saying he doesn’t want her, she’s not his type, etc. That just makes me dislike him. You don’t treat people like that and talk to people that way—aside from being wrong it’s about as far from romantic a ...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Marnie decides to go to her grandmother’s cabin to rethink her life, which is where she runs into Jake, who starts off as quite hostile, and life really does take a turn. It was hilarious how Marnie’s dog Duchess wouldn’t leave Jake alone;

“And her dog leaned against a very large masculine thigh, and heaved a sigh.
“What the hell is this animal doing?”
Marnie’s feet scuffed up damp leaves as she strolled away without looking back. “She likes you.” She had to raise her voice to be heard as she put s

Mom
It's been a long time since I stayed up most of the night to finish a book because it was so good, but I did with this one. I'd definitely read this one again.

Marnie Wright has seen more than her fair share of testosterone, having grown up with four over-protective brothers. But now a longhaired mountain man named Jake Dolan has invaded a peaceful day of soul-searching at her grandmother's old cabin. Sure, she was trespassing on his private property, but did he have to pull a gun on her? After b
Tracy
4.5 Stars.
Jake Dolan was holed up in his mountain retreat for a reason. Someone had sold him out on his last mission, the terrorist he'd dedicated six years of his life to tracking and killing had slipped away from him yet again, and it looked like there was a mole in his agency...one who was setting Jake up to take the fall and threatening his sixteen years with the specialty covert operations unit. Life wasn't exactly a bowl of cherries for him, so when he looked at the monitors and saw a gian
Danyel
Mar 30, 2012 Danyel rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you can't stand to not read first books in a series or really have nothing to read
This wasn't the worst romance that I've ever read, but nor was I overly pleased with it. The author has certainly left something to be desired with regards to the first two books in this series.

A rundown of my beefs with this book:

-Cliched plot
-Fairly boring dialogue (Though there were occasional bits that tickled my perverse sense of humor. More laughing at the book, though..)
-A blatant implausibility or two
-Cardboard characters (When they weren't acting out of the character that the author had
Ladiibbug
#2 TFLAC series

3 Stars - For the BIG DOG in the plot and the great TFLAC / suspense story

After the first 20 pages of Kiss & Tell, I was ready to throw this book at the wall ... Marie is SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!! What an airhead, constantly talking, lots of it nonsense!

I can't understand why Adair would make Marnie such an idiot. She parks her car 3 miles from the cabin - an isolated cabin - and says at least 3 times in the book that she has a terrible sense of direction. ?

She goes off on a
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair...
Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6) The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1) Undertow (Cutter Cay #1) Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3) In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)

“Never run after a man or a bus, there's always another one in five minutes.” 44 likes
“Jake became excruciatingly aware of her, there, right behind him. The small grunts and groans as she placed each foot carefully on the slick ground reverberated in his gut. He wanted to turn around and tell her to shut the hell up.
She sounded as though she was having sex.
Good sex.”