Start by marking “The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook” as Want to Read:

The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  33 reviews
COOKING COMPANION TO MASTER YOUR METABOLISM

Master Your Metabolism,
the phenomenal diet bestseller by Jillian Michaels, has been help­ing millions of people become hotter and healthier without their having to obsess over food or exercise. The key is ditching fad diets and chemical-filled Franken-foods in order to optimize your metabolic function and maximize your overall h
Published April 27th 2010 by Harmony (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook

Jessi
The recipes are pretty easy, but they take some thinking ahead and preparation to make. For instance, Jillian suggests a quiche for lunch. Well, who has time to cook a quiche for lunch? Also I went to cook a skirt steak recipe and found that I had to refrigerate the sauce for 4 hours first. I am not used to thinking about what I want to eat before I make it, so this book really makes me focus in on what I plan to eat for the week and prepare some of the recipes the night before (like the quiche) ...more
Jen B
Dec 03, 2010 Jen B rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
I love to cook healthy foods and to exercise, but I've never been one of those people to buy into fad diets/exercise programs pushed by celebrities. I do, however, read cookbooks of all kinds in search of good, healthy recipes to make for my family. I love Jillian Michaels' book because I don't feel like she's pushing any particular diet -- she simply breaks down different kinds of foods and the effects that they have on your body, touts the benefits of eating organic foods whenever possible, an ...more
Marie
Highly recommend this cookbook! This has such an easy approach to what someone should be eating and the reasons on how certain foods effect the everyday process in your body. Not only have I lost 9 pounds in one month from eating the recipes in this book, my body has never felt better. My energy is up, my life is on track, and I possess the certainty of being able to keep this up on a daily basis.

It doesn't cost more to eat organic. It doesn't take more time to cook these recipes at home. If yo
Amy
I really enjoyed this book! I actually read the cookbook before reading Jillian's first book, "Master Your Metabolism." There are A LOT of recipes in this cookbook, and they sound delicious to make. (I have not made any yet, but plan on making some this week).

I have always considered myself in the middle when it comes to "going green" or "buying organic" etc. One of my big hangups with organic products is the price, but honestly Jillian does a great job of breaking it down for people. She expla
Lauren Kramer
The companion book to Jillian's outstanding "Master Your Metabolism" does not disappoint! Jillian serves up page after page of delicious recipes that you do not have to be Rachael Ray to know how to make.

She also provides a grocery list of all the items that you will need to purchase so that you do not have to sift through the actual recipe to discern the ingredients. And the pictures of the finished product are enough to make your mouth water.

I found myself putting Post-it notes on the pages wi
Delores
I read this after reading the Master Your Metabolism book. What I discovered was I could have saved myself the trouble of reading that book and just read the cookbook because the beginning is basically a synopsis of Master Your Metabolism. A lot of the recipes sounded good and there were some good tips and other useful information through out the book but the lack of pictures was disappointing. Let me state that I did not make any of the recipes so I cannot rate whether or not they were actually ...more
Shelley
Similar to Fat Chance this book has a good overview of insulin resistance, thyroid, estrogen dominance and other endocrine players. The recipes would fall under the low glycemic index.
Kristin
Excellent, excellent, excellent. The recipes in this book are absolutely delicious. Out of about 20 recipes made so far, there's only 1 that I probably won't make again. The one surprise was that there aren't any pictures of the food. Not even one. This was to cut back on costs which would have made the book much more expensive. Don't let that stop you from getting it, though. It's well worth the money and even includes some info on how different foods affect your health. I love the little blurb ...more
Shelly
I enjoyed the background information provided in this book and that it is compact and simple to understand. The recipes we tried were either good or excellent and I plan on trying more of them. The one big downfall is that most of the recipes require ingredients that we do not keep on hand (nor know where to buy!) or that are very expensive. Feeding 8 people makes it hard to spend a significant amount of our grocery budget on items I would consider to be "specialty items" and getting to a store ...more
Jodee
Good information. Helpful. Some of the ingredients in her book are not ones I normally use but I think I will try them just to see.

Something different.
Lynne Carmichael
One of only a few cookbooks that I can actually use the majority of the recipes out if. Easy to follow and cook from.
Rizwana
I really liked this book. It starts with a great quote from Herodotus: "Let the food be your medicine"! And keeping this quote in mind Jillian gives a great explanation about the various hormones and how they interact with our metabolism. The explanations were simple and easy to understand. It never felt like I was reading a boring scientific book.

Jillian explained about the group of foods that can help up to rave the metabolism and what foods to avoid. Also the book is full of really good and
April Emery
A follow-up to Master Your Metabolism, this cookbook is loaded with tasty recipes to help balance out your hormones, allowing your body to function and operate properly. There are several recipes in here that are family favorites. There are even some decadent desserts!

click here to buy on Amazon
Malia
good ideas for simple, healthy meals without too many weird ingredients.
Elisa
I checked this book out from our library but I'm going to need to buy this book because the several recipes I've tried from it so far are fabulous! Only complaint: I wish it had pictures. I love seeing pictures of food from recipes.
Kirsten
like most cookbooks this one has too many obscure ingredients to make it practical for my use, but there is useful information. and i mostly wanted her brownie recipe which, you know, says a lot about how i want to eat...
Astrid Huber
I think it is really hard to avoid processed foods completely.
Amy
LOVE THIS COOKBOOK! Everything in it sounds so good. It's going to take a while to get through all of them, but the ones I've tried are great. It's like a perfect recap to her book called Master Your Metabolism.
Lisa Voecks
Excellent cookbook. I've made 5 recipes and and am already remaking one for guests. I originally checked this out from the library. Now that I have to return it, I just ordered my own copy from Amazon.
Kelly
OMG I have tried several recipes in this book and absolutely LOVE every single one! Some of my favorites include the pumpkin muffins, greenbean salad, banns smoothies, and home made fries.
Konnie
This cookbook is fabulous! My husband got it for me and I have already begun making recipes from it. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian and this cookbook is part of thee love! :)
Mrs. Dolin
This cookbook is a great companion to the Eat Clean and This is Why You're Fat books. I'm excited to start cooking. I love reading about nutrition too.
Dawn
Well, I've skimmed through this cookbook and the recipes look promising- bought the ingredients for a few of them...hope they taste as good as they sound.
Katharyn
I liked the Master Your Metabolism book. However looking through the recipes only one or two caught my eye and the rest seemed too complex to be inviting.
Ashley
Have made several recipes and they are really good! Like the information she provides as well (not just a cookbook).
Heather
a book about clean, whole eating. great info in the first chapters, and lots of recipes even the kids love.
Angela
Everything about Jillian Michaels is fabulous - including her cookbook. We found many recipes to try.
Amy
Love the recipes in this book. Easy and fulfilling - and not way out there.
Amy
Some interesting tips and I found a couple of recipes I would like to try.
Nour
Excellent! I just hoped if there were pictures for each recipe.
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages
  • The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever!
  • The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide: The Complete and Easy Reference for All Your Favorite Foods
  • The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The Primal Blueprint Cookbook
  • Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss
  • ABS Diet for Women
  • The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently
  • The Dukan Diet
Jillian Michaels is one of the leading health and wellness experts in the country. Perhaps considered one of the most demanding people on television for her role as trainer and life coach on the NBC hit series "The Biggest Loser," Michaels has created a brand name for herself and motivates millions of viewers every week on television, approximately one million subscribers on her website and many m ...more
More about Jillian Michaels...
Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body! Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life