Start by marking “کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3)” as Want to Read:
کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3)

کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot Series #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  19,055 ratings  ·  381 reviews
کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates (Hércules Poirot, #3)
Paperback, چاپ دوم, 228 pages
Published 1997 by موسسه انتشارات جامعه (first published 1924)

To ask other readers questions about کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about کارآگاه پوارو / Poirot Investigates

Jason Koivu
Mon ami, ce sont des histoires agréables!

Lovely stuff this! Poirot Investigates is a nice, compact selection of stories about cases quickly and concisely solved. No, not every story is a mind-boggler, though one or two went clear over my head, but for the most part I could follow these. Occasionally I even solved the crime well in advance of Poirot. I'm no heavy reader of mysteries, so I attribute this to the age of the stories and the modern-day prevalence on TV for such things. By now we can't
Sammy
Someone once said that if you only read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s novels, and only read Christie’s short stories, you’d think they were both bad writers. Well, it’s emphatically true of Conan Doyle, and I think it’s at least partly true for Dame Agatha as well.

Christie’s first collection of short stories united eleven Poirot and Hastings tales first published in The Sketch magazine in 1923. This is the first incarnation of Poirot: a respected detective, certainly, but one who struggles just as of
Noha Basiouny

مجموعة قصص بوليسية بطلها المحقق بوارو ، تشبه في تكوينها كثيرا شيرلوك هولمز. محقق عبقري يسكن في إحدي البيوت بلندن ولديه ال "سنيد" أو صديق المحقق الذي يساعده في كثير من القضايا ، بينما صاحبة المنزل تعني بهم من آن لآخر وتخبره بقدوم أحدهم ليستشيره في جريمة قتل أو سرقة. ما علينا...
المهم أن المحقق بوارو هنا كان شديد الغرور والاعتداد بنفسه ، وكثير السخرية والاستختفاف بصديقه "هستنجز" علي عكس هولمز ، وقد كان بوارو نسخة ذكرية من الآنسة ماربل (إحدي شخصيات أجاثا كريستي المشهورة) في طريقة البحث عن الحقيقة. إ
Amber Ditullio
I like to have something playing when I sleep. Whether it be a television show, a movie or an audio book, having something that can lull me into dreamland is a necessity for me to fall asleep. This week, I've put on the audio book version of this book. David Suchet is one of my favorite readers of Poirot stories, so that was a huge draw for me to have it for my bedtime listening.

Part of why I enjoyed this was because I was pretty familiar with all the stories. I'd watched several of them through
James
My first anthology of the year, and my first Christie or Poirot anthology. It also marks the start of a run of four anthologies in my reading list. Anthologies are a difficult thing to get right. Apart from the need to manage the theme of the anthology, there's nearly always a couple of weaker stories in the mix. Somehow a weaker story in an anthology is that much more noticeable than a weaker chapter in a novel. This collection, Poirot Investigates , represents the first collection of Christie' ...more
Clara
Aunque a mi me gusta leer novelas enteras de un caso de Poirot, me gustaron mucho estas historias cortas. Se leen muy rápido, y si bien no se lucen tanto porque no tienen más de cinco hojas cada una, hay muchas que me costó resolver y me reí bastante también.
Enzo
As always reading Agatha Christie makes you feel nostalgic of earlier times when simpler things ruled the day. But her stories and specially Poirot are always entertaining. The "little grey cells" are always moving in accordance to his tune.
Candy
I don't enjoy Christie's short stories as much as her novels. Too much of the same.
Mariam Mostafa
It's a nice book that talks about a Belgian detective ,Hercule Poirot, who investigates crimes and unravels mysteries that pose danger to his clients.Along with him Scotland Yard is also chasing these villains away coming second.The whole book is made up of 11 parts or small chapters, and every chapter contains a different adventure that Poirot has been through and exposed the criminals through his analyzing mind that sees through the plot.Sometimes murders manage to get away with the crime , bu ...more
Mary Ronan Drew
Watching the many episodes of the TV adaptation of Poirot mysteries I was puzzled to see “based on a story by Agatha Christie” in the credits of many of them. I had read all of Agatha Christie’s novels and these stories were definitely not among them.

Now I know where they came from. Poirot Investigated, which I borrowed from the library thinking it was a novel, turns out to be a book of short stories and I hadn’t read it so I was in for a treat. The mystery stories originally appeared in a magaz
I had thought of Poirot as a detective only of novel-length cases. I did not realize that he was also featured in short stories. Yay!

The Stories.

1. The Adventure of “The Western Star”. A famous movie actress has been receiving mysterious notes which threaten to steal her precious diamond, the Western Star. Can Poirot determine from whence these notes come? And can he forestall the robbery?

2. The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor. A man’s body has been found. It was the body of Mr. Maltravers, a middle-ag
Becky
I loved Poirot Investigates. Perhaps because I had low expectations? This was my first experience reading Christie's short stories. And since I'm not generally a fan of short stories, I didn't have great expectations for enjoying these fourteen stories. Each story is narrated by Captain Hastings. And he is a character that I tend to love and adore. I've found that Hercule Poirot needs a little help either from Hastings or Ariadne Oliver to help tame his arrogance. I have definitely come to love ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Poirot Investigates (Hercules Poirot, #3)
مجموعه داستان شامل
ماجرای ستاره غرب (The Adventure of "The Western Star")
ماجرای آپارتمان ارزان قيمت (Adventure of the Cheap Flat)
ماجرای مقبره مصری (The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb)
سرقت جواهر در گرند متروپلیتن (The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan)
نخست وزیر ربوده شده (The Kidnapped Prime Minister)
ناپدید شدن آقای دون هایم (The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim)
ماجرای نجیبزاده ایتالیایی (The Adventure of the Italian Nobleman)
پرونده وصیتنامه گم شده (The
Mónica Silva
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Este livro é composto por onze contos, onze crimes resolvidos pelo genial detetive belga Hercule Poirot mas relatados pelo seu fiel companheiro, o Capitão Hastings. O leitor é presenteado com delitos para todos os gostos: roubos, raptos, homicídios, nada escapa às formidáveis “células cinzentas” do detetive.

Não destaco, porém, nenhuma estória em particular na medida em que estiveram todas no mesmo nível: uma combinação entre uma narrativa s
Bart Van Loon
Being the third in the Poirot series of Agatha Christie, the fourth one for me to read, I was least impressed by `Poirot Investigates'. This book is a small series in itself with about ten short stories of Poirot investigating and solving distinct cases.

Sure, the murders, crimes and mysteries are all very well thought off, much distinct and unique, but there is hardly any room in the stories for plot lines other than the straightforward one of solving the case. Nor do the stories shed much extra
Lauren
Meh. I was really quite surprised to find that I did not enjoy these stories one bit. For some reason Poirot just does not work for me in short story form. Christie leaves something to be desired in these vignettes. They are of course authentic Poirot and i believe him in the situations presented, but the charm usually found in her novels is lacking here. There are fewer moments where you find yourself in awe of Poirot, perhaps because we as readers are never offered the opportunity to play dete ...more
Emma
Overview
I am so glad that Christe abandoned Hastings because his character annoys me to no end. At best he is mildly irritating and worst he acts like a child. Poirot is somewhat overly confident in himself but at least he has the evidence of his skill to back it up. When Hastings is over confident, it smacks of one-upmanship. I know it must be infuriating to be the Watson to his Holmes but being inside his head is unbearable.
Alana
A book of Poirot short stories! In my pre-Christmas reading slump, I needed something to kick-start my interest once more and this certainly helped, but here's the problem... A Poirot short story is never enough. I mean, the mystery is practically over as soon as it has been explained. Most of the stories were fun, but the solution was either supremely obvious or not something one could even attempt to figure out. It made me a little sad. But still, some Poirot is better than no Poirot and it wa ...more
Sandra Jones
Audio

A collection of short stories featuring the great deductive powers of Hercule Poirot and his off-sider Captain Hastings.
They were lacking the depth found in the full length novels, but were fine for an easy listen walking to and from work.
D.G.
I'm not too fond of short stories but these were good, with a variety of investigations that included murder, thefts, puzzling situations and the like. Basically, these are the kind of inquiries where Poirot made his money. :)

Suchet's Poirot sounded very different than what I'm used to (maybe this was recorded very early in Suchet's career?) Poirot's accent was very pronounced and he was a lot more affected so I'm really glad Suchet's interpretation is not like that anymore. :)

Sankrutyayan
'The Adventure of the Western Star' - I shall have this time, the pleasure of suspecting the chain of events, at least some of them. As for the Lady Yardly, I smelt the rat and all that followed when she learned someone is hailed for a deal. Yet Poirot is a little brilliant man, like ever.

'The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor' - It is terrifying, what people do for money. She pulled it, laughing while she does it. Thus money stands as the prime motive of most murders.

'The Adventure of the Cheap Flat' -
Simon
Possibly the worst Hercule Poirot book in the Christine canon.

Short stories are just not her forte. Some of these are so similar to Sherlock Holmes stories that they are painful to read. Just in general, her talent does not lie in the genre. She needs a book or a booklet to really shine, her strength is exposition of mood and character, unlike, say, Conan Doyle, who had the ability to put you into a story immediately and a friendly, non-assuming way.
Andrea
A fun collection of short stories featuring Poirot. Some of the stories started to feel all too similar to each other, but overall, an enjoyable read. For stories I wasn’t crazy about – at least they were short.
Suni
Undici casi risolti da Hercule Poirot e narrati come di consueto dal fidato amico Hastings.
La raccolta è stata pubblicata per la prima volta nel 1924, ma i singoli racconti erano già usciti l'anno precedente sulla rivista inglese The Sketch.
Non c'è un ordine cronologico, anzi. Ad esempio l'ottavo racconto, "Il rapimento del Primo Ministro", fa riferimento a un episodio (ovviamente fittizio) avvenuto durante la Prima Guerra Mondiale, mentre in tutti gli altri l'epoca dei fatti è di certo success
An Odd1
Captain Hastings narrates how his susceptibility to a pretty face and auburn hair leads him into troubles solved by condescending friend Poirot with clever little grey cells "so counfoundedly conceited" p 134 "sighed so comically that I was forced to laugh" p 135. "And for five long hours the little man sat motionless, blinking his eyelids like a cat, his green eyes flickering and becoming steadily greener and greener" p 227. UK edition only has 11 cases, not 14 US. Often I remembered perpetrato ...more
Alondra
3.5 Stars

Nice little short stories of Mr Poirots adventures with his nit-wit sidekick, Hastings. Some parts make you giggle out loud.. Hercule has such an OCD personality, with some serious Type A personality traits.... gotta love him.

Akash Goel
Don't get me wrong here. This collection would be a great introduction to an unassuming reader, but perhaps, after reading the first two novels, I felt kind of, well, bored.

The first few stories are quite excellent. But then everything falls into a pattern, where you are to guess how a particular person vanished, which isn't such a Herculean task (no pun intended) after you start getting the hang of it.

I guess that's why Mrs. Christie focused more on full length novellas, than a short story. T
Terry
I had not read any Christie in, oh, some 40+ years until I picked this one up. I had never noticed when reading her novels back then how much she seems to parody the Sherlock Holmes-Dr. Watson relationship with her characters Hercule Poirot & Captain Hastings. She has made Poirot's overweening egotism much more an effrontery, I think, than Holmes's ever was (but then I've not read Arthur Conan Doyle in a long time either).
I picked up this collection of short stories, not realizing it was a c
Jules Goud
A very different tone.

I felt like these short stories had a lighter atmosphere then the books. Yes, there was still murder and all that jazz, but there was more humour then you see in her full length novels.

Also, the crimes we more varied. There was murder, but also some superstition, robbery, and kidnapping. This meant that no 2 story was the same and we weren't reading stories with pretty much the same crime over and over again.

Of course, there is Poirot and his brilliance. Although, he is mu
Jim
Agatha Christie demonstrates why she is the most widely published author of all time and outsold by only the Bible and Shakespeare. This is a delightful collection of eleven short stories that aptly demonstrate the viability of this format. Each story is an enjoyable experience that like potato chips has you quickly diving back in for the next one. My only disappointment with this collection is that I discovered too late that my copy, the British release of this book, contains only eleven storie ...more
Best Agatha Christie novel? 5 14 Dec 06, 2014 09:46PM
Goodreads Librari...: Problem combining work and new edition 6 157 Oct 15, 2012 11:55AM
  • His Last Bow (Sherlock Holmes, #8)
  • Lord Peter (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
  • Death at the Bar (Roderick Alleyn, #9)
  • The Floating Admiral
  • Absent In The Spring
  • Sweet Danger (Albert Campion Mystery #5)
  • The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: After Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Classic Crime)
  • The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie
  • The Seven-Percent Solution

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)

“One must have consideration for those less gifted than oneself. - Hercuule Poirot” 3 likes
“« [...] É il cervello, le piccole cellule grigie» si batté una mano sulla fronte, «la cosa su cui bisogna basarsi. I sensi inducono in errore. Bisogna cercare la verità dal di dentro, non dal di fuori.»” 2 likes