Start by marking “Briton (Love Inspired Historical Series)” as Want to Read:
Briton (Love Inspired Historical Series)

Briton (Love Inspired Historical Series)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  16 reviews
14th century England.

Lady Bronwen, proud inheritor of the ancient ways of the Britons, had lost all she held dear. She had been widowed in war, then robbed of the ancestral home that was her birthright. And now her last hope was a stranger--one with whom she'd shared a single tender kiss.

The foreign knight Jacques le Brun begged her to let him defend her honor--nay, her ve
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Briton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Briton

Kate
Reading the blurb on the back of the book, I expected this to be a quick, sappy, 'fluffy' Christian romance novel. It was not that at all (though it was most certainly Christian-without-rubbing-your-face-in-religion)! Sure, there were romantic parts, but they were woven throughout the book, and were never really a true focus until the ending chapters. The main portion of the book was filled with excitement and adventure: the tale of a knight and a lady, set in 10th century England, (around the t ...more
Bookworm1
IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a bit cheesy, with the guy spouting his feelings every time they were alone, guy, a little subtly never hurt. not that i minded that much it was so ROMANTIC!!!! there were more than enough kissing scenes which were so romantic. the one thing i dont like was that there wasnt enough of the guy's point of view, and they spent too many long periods of time apart but you know what they say... Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Michelle
I liked the story, but I think that it's a little hard to believe how many times the male protagonist coincidentally arrives. Also, I got a little lost regarding the passing of time. There were a few instances where I thought a week or two had passed when in reality many months had gone by. Other than this, I very much enjoyed this historical romance!
Katie  Wornson
Okay, I hated the feeling of being strung along with the male protagonist when the female protagonist kept refusing him. And I honestly don't think that some of the things that happened in the story would have been plausible in that time period. But whatever, she writes well, especially since this was her first book.
Bree

Oh, I just loved this book! It's set way way back. I love historical romances and was so glad when Love Inspired came out with their Historical books! These is just a good historical Chrisian romance!
Judy
What a fantastic read.

It has Vikings and their gods and Britons and their gods and the Normans and their God.

It was action packed, had the old ways of a woman being married off without choice and so much more.

Worth reading
Wendy
I generally really love Catherine Palmer's books and was excited to see a new one out, but I must admit to some disappointment. Not her greatest by far, although there were parts that I enjoyed.
Elise
This book was good on plot, but it took forever for her to get together with the guy, which we all knew was going to happen. It had more emphasis on despair than hope.
Lindsey Faye
A very good book. I've never read Steeple Hill fiction before... I'll definitely keep my eyes open for any more books!
Highland-dreamer
I thought the story was good, but the ending fell flat, in my opinion.
Kaykay
I loved every minute of this book! Suspense, Romance, Adventure!
Allyce
Sort of a rush ending, but really loved the action in this one. :)
Christal
set in Viking days, it was an interesting romance.
Donnetta
This book was OK as far as fluffy romance novels go.
Jen Heinze
This is one of my all time favorite books.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Awjtf
Awjtf is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Stacy Walters
Stacy Walters marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Melissa Bates
Melissa Bates marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 10:48AM
  • The Maverick Preacher  (The Women of Swan's Nest, #1)
  • The Protector
  • Calico Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #3)
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • Spring Creek Bride
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Calico Christmas at Dry Creek (Dry Creek Historical, #1)
  • The Captain's Christmas Family (Glass Slipper Brides, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Engaging the Earl

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...
Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1) The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2) A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1) The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1) Finders Keepers