Start by marking “The Duke's Cinderella Bride” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Cinderella Bride

The Duke's Cinderella Bride (The Notorious St. Claires #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  21 reviews

Brooding Hawk St. Claire, Duke of Stourbridge, believes Jane Smith to be a mere servant girl--albeit a remarkably attractive one So when genteel Miss Jane is wrongly turned out of her home for inappropriate behavior following their encounter, the duke takes her in as his ward.
Although Hawk is the first man to make Jane's pulse race, she knows she cannot risk falling for h
Published September 1st 2009 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Cinderella Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Cinderella Bride

Karla
How to write a Carole Mortimer category historical:

BASICS:
1 bipolar alpha hero, rake tenderized to slightly less alphole
1 put-upon heroine, fluttering virgin variety
1 historical era that will only be referred to by liberal use of one word, such as "ton." This substitutes for what is known as "research."
1 plot that begins early and wraps up late, with nothing in between

FILLING:
Pick one of the following:
rasped
whispered
snarled
sighed
murmured

Also choose one of the fol
Ana
– I truly struggled with scoring these two titles. They were so deliciously bad that I teetered back and forth between a 1 and the Keeper Shelf. In reading thousands of romances over the years, I’ve never read such laughable prose with the exception of The Italian’s Rags-to-Riches Wifeby Julia James. Both are Harlequin titles and the overuse of exclamation points just makes my internal editor shriek in pain. There are over 100 of the little beasties just waiting to pop out and steal your breath. ...more
Usiusiusi
Jul 08, 2009 Usiusiusi rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carole Mortimer fans, everyone who loves always bickering couples
Nice story but a bit too much fighting & reconciling.

The hero is the typical ogre and the woman can speak for herself. So the couple is continuously bickering. It may be nice few times but since I was half through the book it got on my nerves. At one page they are fighting and on the next everything was a big mistake and they kiss. Not very believable.

Average romance.
Harlequin Historical
#1 of 4 in the Notorious St Claires

Hawk St. Claire may be the head of the family but his siblings do not listen very well. Therefore he is forced to go to a house party by himself after accepting an invitation with the hopes of his brother hooking up with the daughter of a man he resects. Once there though he discovers the chit is not fit to be his brother's wife, wouldn't wish her on his worst enemy actually. But while there, Jane Smith, someone he believes to be a servant girl, must leave. She
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
«Vi amavo quando indossavate quell’orrendo abito giallo. Vi amavo più tardi, quella sera, mentre, tra le dune, il vento vi scompigliava i capelli e la luna si rifletteva nei vostri occhi. Ho amato tutto di voi, fin dalla prima volta che vi ho vista.»

Jane vive con l'odiosa Lady Sulby e la sua famiglia fin da ragazzina, dopo la morte dell'amato padre; durante un ricevimento incontra l'affascinante Duca Hawk che resta subito colpito dalla sua schiettezza e dalla sua bellezza. Quando Jane viene cacc
Maria
Ειλικρινά εξαιρετικό. Μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ και θεωρώ πως επιβεβαιώνει την άποψή που έχω σχηματίσει για τη Mortimer. Είναι συγγραφέας βιβλίων εποχής και όχι σύγχρονης λογοτεχνίας. Θα ήθελα περισσότερες και εντονότερες ερωτικές σκηνές, όμως για τη Mortimer παραμένει υπέρβαση και βέβαια έχει γραφτεί και κάποια χρόνια νωρίτερα. Όμως οι δύο πρωταγωνιστές έχουν απίστευτο ενδιαφέρον και θεωρώ ότι υπερκαλύπτουν την έλλειψη που ένιωσα.
Carrie Olguin
Sensual not heavily erotic (no profanity) - what I prefer since I listen to stories via Kindle text-to-speach (better than radio or TV) while I do my work and household chores. I want to be entertained, not aroused, while I vacuum, dust, fold clothes, etc. Ha! Ha!

There are the frustrations of "misunderstandings" and a heroine too stubborn/naive for her own good near the end. The hero is stereotypical of a stoic man on the outside and confused anger on the inside. But the story is fast paced and
sharon
This is a great story the beginning of a series of 3 books and the start of another set of branch 4 books. The St Clare's are a great family and as the first book it is a book that leave you wanting to know what happens to the rest of the family.
I recommend this whole heartedly
Tasneem
A mediocre book with uninspiring plot, language and characters. I enjoy a good silly romance but this wasn't it. I really did not enjoy the language, it was so pedestrian. Moreover, their passion and romance felt forced, their fights just went on and on and the making up happened immediately after, which again felt unnatural.
Jae
Too slow paced. The dialogs are boring and Hawk is so COLD and.. well boring. Not much of a storyline either. Hope the other St Clair's books are worth reading.
Lisa
The story wasn't bad, I just couldn't stand the characters. Both were way too over the top and I didn't care if they ended up together or not.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
In my opinion, Carole Mortimer's Regency period's books are a lot better that the normal 21st-century ones.
Jasey
Mandy Hemmings
I enjoyed this one - light-hearted and amusing! The hero and heroine were both very likeable!
Brittney Bower
MOST SATISFYING KNOW THAT, THAT BITCH LADY SUBLY IS GOING TOP GET WHAT SHE DESERVE.
Emily Stone
I liked this book, I liked the characters and the way they interacted with each other.
Stephanie
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Well worth the read!
Lovely Jane
Jun 14, 2010 Lovely Jane is currently reading it
i haven`t read yet
Junior Chataika
Junior Chataika marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Yuliya
Yuliya marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Annula
Annula marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Pallavi
Pallavi marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 20, 2015 08:51AM
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel
  • Scandalizing The Ton
  • Notorious Rake, Innocent Lady (Ramsden Brothers, #1)
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • The Smuggler and the Society Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #3)
  • How To Marry a Rake
  • The Shy Duchess
  • The Maid of Lorne (Harlequin Historical, #786)
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Notorious St. Claires (4 books)
  • The Rake's Wicked Proposal
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady
  • Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1) Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage