Start by marking “Fodor's Walt Disney World� 2010: plus Universal Orlando� and SeaWorld�” as Want to Read:
Fodor's Walt Disney World� 2010: plus Universal Orlando� and SeaWorld�

Fodor's Walt Disney World� 2010: plus Universal Orlando� and SeaWorld�

Fodor’s. For Choice Travel Experiences.

Fodor’s helps you unleash the possibilities of travel by providing the insightful tools you need to experience the trips you want. Although you’re at the helm, Fodor’s offers the assurance of our expertise, the guarantee of selectivity, and the choice details that truly define a destination. It’s like having friends in Walt Disney Wor
Published October 6th 2009 by Fodor's (first published August 26th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's Walt Disney World� 2010, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's Walt Disney World� 2010

Terri Lynn
I am a Disney World fanatic and have been for 23 years. This means I catch up on certain guidebooks each year to see what I can expect in way of changes (have been known to visit Disney World 4 times a year for the past 2 decades and stay up to 2 weeks each visit).

I usually don't look at Fodor's Walt Disney World guidebooks but decided I would do so this year just to see how it is.

It is not a bad book but if you really want to dig in to Disney and glean all the info you really need, skip this
kylajaclyn
Jan 29, 2014 kylajaclyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as a person's story cannot be told by one biographer, so it is that one place cannot be extensively reviewed by one travel book. I thought Birnbaum's was the only book I would need for Walt Disney World but, in fact, there are plenty of gems found in this one too. This book makes use of pictures and special sections where most guidebooks don't. I'm a bit of a nerd on this, but I like that the pages are glossy and shiny. The book details all of the rides at WDW, Sea World, and Universal, but ...more
VegasGal
Nov 20, 2009 VegasGal rated it it was amazing
This is packed full of information (tips, prices, reviews) from hotels, restaurants, shopping for Disney's attractions, Universal and Sea World, as well as surrounding Orlando attractions. Opinions are scattered throughout the book from customers/visitors that add a "real" sense of what's good and what's not. Maps, listings and descriptions of rides and shows are aplenty and even a brief history of Florida is included in this book. A definite must-read for the first timer, and even for the seaso ...more
Jamaie
Oct 24, 2011 Jamaie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I will be going to Disneyworld in 2012, so this book was perfect. I've been to DisneyWorld a lot of times at this point. This book every year informs me of new things coming to the parks. Not only that, but you get to read about Universal, SeaWorld and all kinds of areas in Central Florida (Orlando area). Comes w/ a pull-out map and has reviews of all kinds of things like food and rides. Would def. recommend.
Lisa
Mar 19, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I normally use Lonely Planet guides when I travel, and browsed through the Unofficial Guide to WDW on my last trip, but found Fodor's guide to be really useful. The color photographs provided clear images, and the well-created maps gave me a great idea of location of resorts and parks. The restaurant and attraction reviews were also quite helpful.
Jeff
Nov 08, 2015 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually really appreciate Fodor's guidebooks but this just feels like they threw in a lot of extra padding. A third of the book is the parks and hotels; the rest is Orlando and Central Florida. Thumbed through it for the food choice descriptions, which were concise and informative; tucked into Orlando's other restaurants. Comes with a tough to rip map of Orlando.
Jamie Puleo
The title of this book should really be Fodor's Orlando. Much of the book is spent detailing hotels, restaurants, and other theme parks in Central Florida. Also, nothing new here that can't be found in better Disney World guides. I'm glad this one came from the library!
Kate
Sep 07, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to help you plan specifically what you want to see and do in the Orlando area. It gives tons of info about prices, height requirements for rides, and a million other details to get you prepared to beat the crowds, see the best stuff, and make the most of your time in Orlando.
Mark
Apr 29, 2011 Mark rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Does the usual Fodor-y job of looking down it's proverbial nose at stuff - and focuses way too much space on non-WDW activities for a book entitled "Fodor's Walt Disney World."
Alex
Sep 19, 2010 Alex added it
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm not going to give ratings to these books, but I am going to keep track of which ones I read.

This one was informative but boring to read.
Crystal
May 04, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, travel
I thought that this was the best out of the travel books. The best part was they listed by each ride what a person with disabilities would have to do to ride them. Excellent for planning.
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Renee Graley
Renee Graley rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Denise Wilson
Denise Wilson rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Julia Gs
Julia Gs rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Dianna
Dianna rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
John
John rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
acuriouslibrarian
acuriouslibrarian rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Mariana Benson
Mariana Benson rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2010
Samantha Pabisch
Samantha Pabisch rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2009
Mariah
Mariah rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2009
Jenny
Mar 13, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
A very basic overview. Not enough detail for me.
« previous 1 3 4 next »